Hacking Bootmii as boot2 + FW upg 4.1 -> Black Screen Brick?

Pakatus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Im trying to solve a friends problem.
I've been looking for a solution but couldnt find one.

He was in 3.3 so he updated to 4.0 with wanin method.
Here...everything ok. But when he updated to 4.1 (wanin method), the wii doesnt boot.

Led gets green but no video output.
No health screen, no bootmii screen (despite he has the bootmii installed as boot2).
No Gamecube cards or controls.

Accepts and starts to read GameDisk...but no output.

UPDATE: From what he said...he has made a downgrade (really long time ago).

Any help? Please?

PS1: Sorry i got this in another section, but i guess this thread might have more answers than the other one.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hmmm, this looks familiar. Do I know you?

Do you have the SD card with Bootmii files on IN the Wii? Bootmii (boot2) kicks in before anything else, so unless he has deleted the files of the SD card or the SD isn't in then Im confused.

The whole point of Bootmii boot2 is having control of the Wii before the Wii gets it!

Pakatus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
bazamuffin said:
Hmmm, this looks familiar. Do I know you?

Do you have the SD card with Bootmii files on IN the Wii? Bootmii (boot2) kicks in before anything else, so unless he has deleted the files of the SD card or the SD isn't in then Im confused.

The whole point of Bootmii boot2 is having control of the Wii before the Wii gets it!

Guess not
smile.gif
Pleasure to ^^
But that's the weird thing... Yes Bootmii SD card is IN the wii when it kickstarts.

The weirder thing, is that i would understand this happening if he installed a Wii Game Update, but this is not the case.
Just installed Wanin FW4.0 -> All OK
Just installed Wanin FW4.1 -> Black.... Black .... Black... Oh F**K!!!... Black!

Might be a full brick?

Pakatus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
unheared said:
can u load preloader ?
i had same trouble with preloader and sd file i fixed it

No preloader installed.
I tought..."what the heck...he has bootmii, why he needs preloader?"

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Daft question, but have you checked the SD card for Bootmii files/folder? Is it possible that he/she formatted the SD prior to putting the Wani update apps on? Wani's updates don't touch boot2 so unless boot2 has failed then theres no reason why Bootmii shouldn't start.

Pakatus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
bazamuffin said:
Daft question, but have you checked the SD card for Bootmii files/folder? Is it possible that he/she formatted the SD prior to putting the Wani update apps on? Wani's updates don't touch boot2 so unless boot2 has failed then theres no reason why Bootmii shouldn't start

Well..just can confirm it this night, but 99% sure, he (unfortanelly girls dont play with wii's) wouldnt do it.

Just wondering. Wanin updater donwloads N IOS before truching them... Can it downloaded the damned 4.2 IOS and tried to trucha them?!
Could that worked on a Full Brick?

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to take a guess that the 4.1 updater installed the stubbed IOS60 v6400 from 4.2...quite a few IOS60 Patching/Installers for 4.0/4.1 are now bricking wiis.

If you take the SD card out, does the disc slot flash a few times when you turn it on? It should flash right after power-on if the SD card is missing and bootmii is installed to boot2. If it doesn't do this, bootmii is not installed or boot2 bit the dust...

BTW, assuming you get this unbricked, the easy way to update to 4.1 is to use the 4.0 updater, then download a wad of system menu 4.1 and install it over 4.0. It uses the same IOS60 (it's v6174) as 4.0 does, so no need to reinstall IOS60.

Pakatus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Got an update on this...

As i connect the wii. Power stays green, drives spin, but remotes dont sync...and black screen of darkness on tv.

I read some-other-place. That those symptoms could be cause by a fried "Bluethoot module":

QUOTE said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by badermq
I have 2 wiis without wiimote , Both showing black screen but green led power and drive spinning .

your problem is most likely the bluethooth module, i had a few wiis on my shop with the same problem (they come all the time with the same problem), i just change the module and they boot up fine!!! you can see this module by taking the front plate of the wii is on the left side from the sd port but in order to change it you need to take the wii apart until you reach the mobo, the module it's a clip on so you don't nee any soldering experience . . . hope this help good luck :tup:

Read more: source

Anyone can check/comment this stuff?

swspjcd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FWIW, I just had a very similar problem yesterday. I have a 4.2u wii that was upgraded using waninkoko's updater which worked just fine unless the SDHC card was plugged in upon booting. . With my SDHC card plugged in it would power on but nothing at all would happen. I have bootmii installed as boot 2. The way i fixed it was to simply remove the SDHC card and reboot. I use a dedicated SD card for my bootmii backups and a different SDHC card for installing games and then moving them to the SDHC card. I compared both the contents of the SD and SDHC cards and they seemed to be identical and had all the files necessary for bootmii to load before the menu but only the SD card would work. I was able to still use the SDHC card by booting into the menu and then inserting the SDHC card. To fix the situation, I simply removed the bootmii files from the SDHC card (remember I'm using a SD card solely for backup) and then after powering off and inserting the SDHC card, it powered on and went into the warning screen and then menu with no problems. Dunno if that helps at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0