Hacking Guitar Hero 5 DLC by Hairyballsagna

mat03111984

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
dont know if anyone has seen this torrent. Guitar Hero 5 DLC by Hairyballsagna, seems the same as rockband dlc torrent. any tried this yet?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
odd... i keep getting that stupid error code 204036... i'm going erase my data and try again... and my wii shop data...

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suspect the problem is to do with the IOS 56 not being patched, you get a similar error with RB2 and Hairy's DLC crack until you run the RawkSD patcher to patch IOS 37, unfortunately GH5 uses IOS 56 so patching IOS 37 would be useless.

xdeadxpoolx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakejm79 said:
I suspect the problem is to do with the IOS 56 not being patched, you get a similar error with RB2 and Hairy's DLC crack until you run the RawkSD patcher to patch IOS 37, unfortunately GH5 uses IOS 56 so patching IOS 37 would be useless.

I don't think this is his issue... then again i haven't tried this myself

The ReadMe

CODEGuitar Hero 5 DLC
=====Install Guide=====
1.Unzip Wad to sd:/WAD
2.Use Wadmanager 1.5 to install the wads *error ret 2011 will show thats normal!!!*
3.Load Guitar hero 5 from retail disc or disc channel (ios56 cioscorped works)
4.Go to music store and download what GUITAR HERO FIVE! song you want for free.
*this does not mark GHWT dlc as purchased Only the NEW GH5 stuff.

*PAL USERS READ THIS!

1. Delete your Account in the Wii Shop Channel
2. Using Any Region Changer, change your Wii Shop Code to U.S.
3. Load up the shop channel at least once
4. Proceed to install the hack

IMPORTANT: You will lose all previous content that you have bought (wiiware/virtual console/dlc)

This has been reported as working, but this is not recommended unless you know what you are doing.
Do this at your own risk, if you know what you are doing, you should be fine, and able to download.
PAL users have an answer!

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read the readme too, but if you download Hairy's DLC crack for RB2 it has the same instructions (no mention of patching any IOSes or anything) but people have found (myself included) that you need to patch it, once I get home I will check it out and see if I get an error, also similar 204XXX errors have been reported to be due to the shop channel being busy.

RanmaFreak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I can confirm that the GH5 one works, as I've already downloaded a few songs after applying it. As for the one just dumped for the GHWT Songs, It's not currently working for me. I'm not sure why, but hopefully I can figure it out.

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any way to have this work with a USB Loader (GX) ??

I can download songs to my Wii (tried a Free one) and it works just fine ... SD Card does not seem to work when downloading songs from GH5

Thoughts ??

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
odd... i keep getting that stupid error code 204036... i'm going erase my data and try again... and my wii shop data...

Error Code: 204036

Wii Shop Channel
There are appears to be a temporary problem with the Wii Shop Channel.

•The Wii Shop Channel may be temporarily down (this could include scheduled maintenance). Please wait a few hours and retry the connection again.

•Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. This can potentially increase the download speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available).

•If possible, move the router closer to the Wii console and try the connection again.
If you have waited several hours but are still receiving this error code when connecting to the Wii Shop Channel, please call 1-800-255-3700 so that we may assist you further.

propered

Trophies
XP
Country
SO i guess this is only for teh NTSC version of teh game andnot the PAL one ......why cant theyhave something similar for us PAL uns...or maybe it does still work....who knowssss ?

Izzy

Trophies
XP
Country
So just use the NTSC-version? There's nothing wrong with that.
smile.gif

Or wait a few days/weeks until a PAL fix comes out (If it ever does
tongue.gif
)

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
*PAL USERS READ THIS!

1. Delete your Account in the Wii Shop Channel
2. Using Any Region Changer, change your Wii Shop Code to U.S.
3. Load up the shop channel at least once
4. Proceed to install the hack

IMPORTANT: You will lose all previous content that you have bought (wiiware/virtual console/dlc)

This has been reported as working, but this is not recommended unless you know what you are doing.
Do this at your own risk, if you know what you are doing, you should be fine, and able to download.
PAL users have an answer!

technom8t

Trophies
XP
Country
can download games but cant get them to play, even after installing the GHWT content addon that it says i need, keeps asking me to install it eben though i have, very weird indeed

xdeadxpoolx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay i still haven't done either of the ones for GH, i know that in the readme for the RB2 one though it tells you to use the rawksd patch (it even includes it in the torrent). And i also had the 204036 error at one point with GHWT, i ended up having to format the wii system memory, what a hastle. Im just babling here, I'll DL the WT one here and check it soon, THANK GOD hairy did this, installing them one at a time was ridiculous, i only made it to the Gs so far....

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was getting the 204904 error until I used Wad Manager to uninstall the "GHWT_Title_Files_NTSC_REV1.wad", "GHWT_Title_Files_NTSC_REV2.wad", GHWT_Title_Files_NTSC_REV3.wad", and "GHWT_Title_Files_NTSC_REV4.wad" from the One-Up GH:WT DLC hack.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone else confirm my success strategy...this is what I did: after first installing the GH5 DLC wad, then INSTALLING the oneup REV4 wad with WAD MANAGER, my errors go away.

update: some individual songs error out...not sure why, and dlc will dissappear and reapper after power cycles.

xdeadxpoolx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
can anyone else confirm my success strategy...this is what I did: after first installing the GH5 DLC wad, then INSTALLING the oneup REV4 wad with WAD MANAGER, my errors go away.

update: some individual songs error out...not sure why, and dlc will dissappear and reapper after power cycles.

Just taking a stab in the dark here..... are these the songs giving you the trouble?

Awaken: The Silence is Deafening
Dropkick Murphys: Im Shipping Up to Boston
Eric Johnson: Camels Night Out
Hundred Reasons: Ill Never Know
H is Orange: Nothing All the Time
Protest the Hero: Bloodmeat
Steve Ouimette: Dueling Banjos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.