Hacking What has happened to a DS Lite that...

oliverbomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, what exactly has happened to a Nintendo DS Lite that won't boot and when booting just turns on and off...

Searching for a youtube example: Here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5SDH-fDhvI
Something like this?

What happened? Nintendo dude told us that it was caused by a R4, but we said we didn't use one, so we got it for free, but still... What causes this problem?
=P

greenwatch200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's usually an issue with the firmware that requires it to be reset. Pull out the battery and put it back. After doing that it should work again and you'll have to re-enter your name and set up the date and time like you did when you first got it. That works a lot of the time.

BTW: Nintendo will tell you anything to discourage you from using a flash cart like R4 or any other. Sometimes a fuse inside your DS will blow and need to be rebridged. The only one that causes that is the N5. The reason the N5 does that is because there is a short by the microSD slot due to a poor manufacturing process in a few of their batches.

oliverbomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
(i bought that cause they kind of told me that the R4 did this, and no-one told me that it was of the battery) darn.. i was thinking about the battery from the beginning...

reuven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a problem with the ribbon cable. I just fixed a DS just like this last week. You need to replace the top screen (costs about $10 with parts from dealextreme).

joepie91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It isn't necessarily a broken cable... it might also just be a cable that slipped from its connector, I've seen that happen to the DS of a friend of mine very recently... And since it's the top screen that's not powering on, it's probably a ribbon cable in your top screen. Normally you should also check the ribbon cables UNDER the wide ribbon cable from the top screen. I've had this a while ago, it turned out that one of the smaller ribbon cables wasn't connected properly (it slipped from the connector after I re-assembled my DS, I've bought a custom casing) and reconnecting it simply fixed it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: happy birth +1