Hacking making a channel

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
how do i know what base wad to use to make a channel for excite bots?

all the guides say "find a base wad that is suitable for your needs" ... how do i know what one i need? as there are hundreds?! should i use any? or just disc game base wads for disc games?

nothing is clear in the tutes.

thankyou everyone, loadstructor 1.7 and better solved my problem heres the link loadstructor and cloader

ph34r.gif
smileipb2.png
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif
yay.gif
yay.gif
yay.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

Col70

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you considered using Loadstructor v1.6 - tried it for the first time last week and is top notch

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Col70 said:
Have you considered using Loadstructor v1.6 - tried it for the first time last week and is top notch

i will try anything, i have loadstructor, wadder, and custom game channel creator, but for all of them it says i need to select a base wad to start... how do i know which one to use? do i have to use excite bots base wad to make an excite bots channel?

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
lostdwarf said:
Col70 said:

i will try anything, i have loadstructor, wadder, and custom game channel creator, but for all of them it says i need to select a base wad to start... how do i know which one to use? do i have to use excite bots base wad to make an excite bots channel?

From what I heard, (not sure though) any Wad will do.
You probably could use another game channel wad as base wad.

Can anyone confirm ?

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lostdwarf said:
Col70 said:

Loadstructor doesn't need you to select a base wad.
There isn't even a setting for this (version 1.7).

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
mousex said:
lostdwarf said:
Col70 said:

i downloaded loadstructor last night and it asks for a bass wad and some microsoft stuff but link was down.
obviously i got an older version, can you link me to this version 1.7 so i can test it please. are you sure i dont need anything else... just loadstructor version 1.7... run it and then im done?
no nessecary files needed?

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
WalkerOfTheDay said:
lostdwarf said:
Col70 said:

do i have to use excite bots base wad to make an excite bots channel?

From what I heard, (not sure though) any Wad will do.
You probably could use another game channel wad as base wad.

Can anyone confirm ?

so... any disc game base wad can be used to load any game as long as its on my usb hdd... all i have to do is change the images then i guess.
is there a chance i will irriversably brick my wii trying this? i have bootmii as boot2 and a nand dump, will i be ok?
also have been reading into custom wii skins, is bootmii my best hope of saving myself from a fail if it happens?

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
ok tried loadstructor v1.7 but it fails on me, says i dont have common key... but i do, i put it in the TEMP folder as readme tells me to but get an error about common key not found every time????? HELP!

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
Ensure that your file is called "COMMON-KEY" and that its file extension is .bin some people have there file extensions hidden so you could have it called common-key.bin.bin just check that

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
i think you could be right abou he .bin.bin, my pc hides extentions all the time so will try renaming it.
failing that can anyone provide me with a link to the common key generator... i used to have it for wiiscrubber (you type a random number and it generates a working common-key.bin) but its gone... was thinking my key.bin file could be corrupted.
can anyone help? link would be perfect.

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
file was just called "key", renamed to common-key and now works fine, no base wad needed just like you said... one thing though... will these just run off my usb without doing anything else? (i use beardfaces loader normally) or do i need to put a cloader boot.dol/meta/icon on my sd card???????

going to back up nand now and just try it.

Posts merged

WalkerOfTheDay said:

read it before its funny. was no help though(i run as soon as i read hex editor).

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
mousex said:
lostdwarf said:
Col70 said:

works perfectly, its so easy with loadstructor 1.7, got me a excite bots channel, sports resort channel, pikmin2 channel, boom blox bash party channel!!!!
all working
dont even need files on sd card!

pal wii 4.1
cios rev10
cios usb2
bootmii(makes it so much easier to take the plunge)
ph34r.gif
gbasp.gif
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif

thankyou all very much for the help i am as greatfull as chuck norris's missus

ps the only thing i needed was the common-key.bin and it had to be placed in loadstructor folder. I found common-key by downloading a really old version of wiiscrubber1.2 , it came with a program that when you run it - it asks you to type "42", then it generates a file for you called key.bin and kkey.bin... (forget kkey.bin you wont need it).... rename key.bin to common-key and save as bin file and put it in loadstructor folder on your desktop, run loadstructor and do what it says!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol