Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
504x_custom_1249304723452_logo_face.jpg

QUOTE said:
The ability to upload photos to Facebook with your DSi hits North American tonight, Nintendo said.

The free downloadable system update should be available after 5 p.m. Pacific, according to Nintendo. The update will allow DSi owners to tap on a Facebook icon while reviewing pictures in the portable to send them to the user's Facebook profile.

"Facebook and Nintendo DSi build on the trend of personalization that is so important to consumers," said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "We're giving people the tools to express themselves in creative new ways and show off the results to their friends and family on Facebook."

News Source: Kotaku

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They make it seem like its such a big deal. I have a dsi pic on my facebook profile by a little thing called sd card. It doesnt really do much other than save you a trip to copying the pics from your sd card to the computer.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't complain about a free update that lets you do something handy if you happen to be a facebook camwhore.

Do complain if the update stops you from legitimately buying DSiware or attempts to block your flashcart which you use for legitimate reasons like homebrew and backup copies.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Kind of a useless update. Nintendo probably just wanted to get it out the door because they blocked flash cards with it, so throw in a useless feature, and voila, a new firmware update!

I don't even use or care for facebook, so I for sure have no reason to update
smile.gif

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Thought that this was already out well they'll probably find some exploit using a hacked picture that allows flashcarts to run when tried to be uploaded to facebook.

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
kalmis said:
Facebook bah. Couldn't care less. They are feeding that same crap on Xbox Live as well.

Thank god you finally told everyone you don't care about facebook. Wait .... why are you doing this? Oh, you're just one of those guys who thinks his opinion is so important he has to tell everyone.

Plague_Host_Extr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, there are many MANY avid facebook users (myself included) that'll find this update useful. I'm sad that I can't use homebrew, but, no homebrew can even upload to a website so, IMO, this is way more important. (Yes, I have a laptop I could easily upload with, but, alas, I hate taking my SD card out of the DSi in fear that I might break the cover off)

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ilovengage said:
kalmis said:
Facebook bah. Couldn't care less. They are feeding that same crap on Xbox Live as well.

Thank god you finally told everyone you don't care about facebook. Wait .... why are you doing this? Oh, you're just one of those guys who thinks his opinion is so important he has to tell everyone.
Last time I checked this was a public forum.

The facebook update isn't that great considering facebook is getting less popular. I'm assuming the web browser can't upload photos?An update that would allow it to would be much better.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
This is similar to one of the Wii updates a year or two ago. It added a mediocre and almost unnecessary update which also blocked the Wii Freeloader for loading American and Japanese games. A completely legitimate product which was doing no harm to Nintendo's profits (unlike flashcarts which can load DS ROMs not that I agree with them blocking them though)

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
ilovengage said:
kalmis said:

With a name like 'ilovengage' your posts don't matter either xD

Try to keep the discussion on topic, before the mods come in and open up a can of whoop-ass. We're here to talk about the 1.4 update, and are more than allowed to share our opinions on it. I mentioned earlier that I felt the Facebook update was useless as well. I'm allowed to share that too.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I don't really see how this is that small of an update. I mean, the Wii gets a new System Menu to fix a single bug. Facebook isn't the biggest deal in the world, but it is a feature which actually adds something to the device.

It's a shame we can't update homebrew-style, and only grab the latest camera channel instead of the whole menu.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol