Newcomer
Trophies
Website
darkchen.blog.com
XP
Country
Canada
29-7-2009

Audio interface port migration is complete, but unfortunately, with audio turning on, the FPS decreases markedly. Besides, there is shock noise and crackle happened of some tested games.

Now I'm looking for solutions of FPS decreasing and noise.

24-7-2009

More than one week has passed since I have got SDK, and I’was down to the GBA emulator development (in fact it calls migration of VBA) in this period.It almost took all my spare time. Now, I have made some progress what I’d like to share with you, that the video interface port migration has already completed. Depends on the effect of the games which I have tested, I think it is considered as success. Super Mario Advance and Super Robot War J is two of the games I have tested, which its photos is below, and the FPS is not bad, but I’m not sure that if I migrated audio interface port, it would still have a not too bad FPS.

Next step I will try to migrate audio interface port, and I wish everything will be OK. If I have any further progress, I will update this post. I will also update my blog: http://darkchen.blog.com

2.jpg

1.jpg

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congrats, you've made the first GBA emulator for the DS. Really big +1 here (could reach a +2) for you. A lot of people would probably buy this over a slot-2 cart now if the emulator gets up to full speed and has high game compatibility.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, good job! This shows why the people who made the iPlayer are being stupid for not letting people use the SDK. Do you know what the hardware specifics of the iPlayer really is then? I'm curious to find out.

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you serious?! You made one? 1. How, exactly, since lots of people were wondering if the iplayers extra power would be able to be used on other things.

Congrats, Big thumbs up.

2. What would happen if it was used on something other than an iplayer?

3. You have an annoying task ahead of you because when dsi mode is hacked you bet people will want a port. Or maybe you can just load the same exact thing and it will automaticly use the extra power.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Normmatt said:
VBA is GPL so you will need to release your source code if you plan to release a binary.
Haha, uh oh, the iPlayer team may not like that. Their SDK isn't supposed to be used by anyone but them.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Da-Bomb1 said:
Normmatt said:
VBA is GPL so you will need to release your source code if you plan to release a binary.
Haha, uh oh, the iPlayer team may not like that. Their SDK isn't supposed to be used by anyone but them.

It would be a dumb move for them to close down the project. The iPlayer just seems like a waste of money without giving it some sort of edge (sure, you can play tons of video formats, but I'd rather take the extra time and save the cash by converting to .DPG). Having a slot-1 cart play GBA games alone is definately an edge, considering it can't run commercial DS games.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
Da-Bomb1 said:
Normmatt said:

It would be a dumb move for them to close down the project. The iPlayer just seems like a waste of money without giving it some sort of edge (sure, you can play tons of video formats, but I'd rather take the extra time and save the cash by converting to .DPG). Having a slot-1 cart play GBA games alone is definately an edge, considering it can't run commercial DS games.
Yeah...hopefully they don't do anything to stop this. It'd be a monumentally stupid move for them that could, in the end, kill their product prematurely.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SDK stand for software development kit. It usually refers to a set of tools and APIs that let you program things for a certain hardware platform.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, from what I hear, to even get a flashcart to boot onto a DSi, it requires copyrighted data to be used against the copyright holder's will. So, they can't go and say that they're 100% legit either.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gba is all well and good, but i'm more interested in what else can run on the iplayer cpu. the sdk should be in more hands.
i agree with you, not only for what else it can do, but also for the gba roms and other emulators, not too many other hands, though. theres alot of gba roms and im pretty sure that it'll take a minute to test all of them fully...

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really gonna have to see a convincing video of this in action before I believe it. Anyone can import a bitmap file and display it on the screen while outputting some text on the other screen.

Not to be discouraging, but this could very easily be a hoax, and I don't want to celebrate prematurely.

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If its possible to run gba emulator on slot 1.. why not NDS rom for iplayer? I know this has been going around and i know there is a lot of threads out there concerning this.. but i am a bit lazy to read each and every arguments so can someone clarify me why it can't be? thanks. I got my iplayer like 3 days ago.. and i'm quite impress
smile.gif

And me too, I think a video would clear the hoax issue about this one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1