Hacking Any news of Rev 14 release date

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is another post regarding this, and it is supposedly going to be released on the 15th.

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
You know what else is supposed to be "released" July 15? Rockstar 99 Dsi Hack, where you can load roms from the DSi Menu. Sounds like a hoax to everybody, but he keeps saying it isn't. I really can't wait to see what happens.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They have different ways of handling the 002 error and maybe some other stuff. Some loaders get along better with 13a and some like 13b better.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
CODE[13:40:25] •››››››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› ››››› ››› ›› ›› ›› › ›
[13:40:25] •›› Joined: [#cios]
[13:40:25] •››››››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› ››››› ››› ›› ›› ›› › ›
[13:40:25] •›› Topic: [rev14 release:

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FenrirWolf said:
They have different ways of handling the 002 error and maybe some other stuff. Some loaders get along better with 13a and some like 13b better.

If a loader works better with rev13b, it's the loaders fault. Maybe rev14 will work with all loaders, but the main.dol 002 patch rev13b does is just outdated and BAD.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Col70 said:
Im still hoping that someone can explain exactly what 13a and 13b do (seriously)

There are several games that require 13a to run (such as Ghostbusters). Also, rev13 (both) support USB accessories (Wii Speak etc), while previous revisions did not. As far as I know, there's no reason for anybody to be using 13b, as all the major loaders have built in 002 fix now (plus, 13b still doesn't run Ghostbusters etc, so it's got no advantages over 13a whatsoever).

I very very much hope that 14 includes a fix to the hang bug in rev13. Currently, you need to restart the Wii every time you launch a game via USB, or else it will hang on the next game you try to launch (this is present in both a and b). Somehow I still manage to forget this far too often, and have locked up my system more times than I can count.

wiiman123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
This is going to be the last cios release forever. Waninkoko is leaving the scene.

EDIT: lol thats what I heard Arm the Homeless, last time I checked . Im more into homebrew releases, I don't track the developers plans. lol Honest mistake. thx for the update

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imapterodactyl said:
Col70 said:
Im still hoping that someone can explain exactly what 13a and 13b do (seriously)

There are several games that require 13a to run (such as Ghostbusters). Also, rev13 (both) support USB accessories (Wii Speak etc), while previous revisions did not. As far as I know, there's no reason for anybody to be using 13b, as all the major loaders have built in 002 fix now (plus, 13b still doesn't run Ghostbusters etc, so it's got no advantages over 13a whatsoever).

I very very much hope that 14 includes a fix to the hang bug in rev13. Currently, you need to restart the Wii every time you launch a game via USB, or else it will hang on the next game you try to launch (this is present in both a and b). Somehow I still manage to forget this far too often, and have locked up my system more times than I can count.
You'd think Wanin would know all of this, so why do I only see 13b and 13 on his site and no 13a?

thebobinc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
[/quote]
You'd think Wanin would know all of this, so why do I only see 13b and 13 on his site and no 13a?
[/quote]

i tough i was taking a lot of drug
wacko.gif

13 = 13a maybe , if you see 13 , and 13b , .......

TheWiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skizzo said:
imapterodactyl said:
Col70 said:

Rev 13 is 13a. He just never went back and renamed it.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skizzo said:
imapterodactyl said:
Col70 said:

13 is 13a.

EDIT: Like you've been told 3 times already. I suppose I should have realized there was already a page 2 before responding.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imapterodactyl said:
Col70 said:

Actually, rev12 has support for usb accesories. I use it because I find it too annoying to reset the wii for every game change, and I can wait for 14 to play the few games that don't work on 12.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over