wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
homebrew.gif
Super Smash Bros. DS v0.1B DEMO
Update
dslite.jpg

GEMISIS has announced that he is continuing work on SSB DS. The current binary is a DEMO build, so please report any problems.

QUOTE(GEMISIS' Own Words) said:
I recommend just booting the game, then pressing A for the first level, and staying on the top platform to test out the characters animations. I would like for any glitches with the animation part only to be reported at the PALib forum (see the source link below).

download.gif
Off-site Download
icon11.gif
Source
discuss.png
Discuss

GEMISIS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i realize that many of you are sick of super smash bros. DS games, but I am doing this because i want to finish what i started. I am starting the main parts of the cpus today, and have fixed up parts from the previous demo already. In case anyone is curious, here are the changes so far:

- Mario sprite fixed, now 32X32 thanks to Heather from palib to make the collisions better
- CPU added in, but just sits there at this moment
- Fixed some issues with the attack animations
- Added in a switch screen function (Select to switch the screens back and forth, depending on what you want)
- Added in a pause button (Start to pause, and unpause)
- Added the score in, displays it on the top screen (or bottom if you switched the screens)
- Added a game over for when you die (it just says it on the top screen)

And i'm adding in the CPU parts now. Working on the movements first, then I'll start the attacks and damage.

-GEMISIS

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
GEMISIS said:
i realize that many of you are sick of super smash bros. DS games, but I am doing this because i want to finish what i started. I am starting the main parts of the cpus today, and have fixed up parts from the previous demo already. In case anyone is curious, here are the changes so far:

- Mario sprite fixed, now 32X32 thanks to Heather from palib to make the collisions better
- CPU added in, but just sits there at this moment
- Fixed some issues with the attack animations
- Added in a switch screen function (Select to switch the screens back and forth, depending on what you want)
- Added in a pause button (Start to pause, and unpause)
- Added the score in, displays it on the top screen (or bottom if you switched the screens)
- Added a game over for when you die (it just says it on the top screen)

And i'm adding in the CPU parts now. Working on the movements first, then I'll start the attacks and damage.

-GEMISIS

I don't think anyone is sick of SSB DS homebrew games, we love them!
But we have seen a lot of homebrews and we were getting hyped for them, and then the major dissapointment came when Nintendo sent the C&D letter.
I just think we don't want to be dissapointed again.
We are (well I am) definitely glad to see another SSB DS homebrew!

GEMISIS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i haven't heard of any of them getting a C&D letter, so i'm not sure why you guys are concerned about that.

Also, the movement part of the CPU's is almost done, then it's just a matter of getting them to attack properly (as in, doing certain attacks at certain times). Currently, they are able to follow you around without falling off the edge all the time (they can see if solid ground is in front of them, and act accordingly) I'm currently tweak it to make it more accurate.

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
We love ssb but you know ou did team up with rumble then you did left them with their sprites but still if u all team up again i see future i ssb ds projects for now rumble is dead

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended