jincongz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
elfsander said:
Another Disney/Pixar movie?

Ah well.. they all have been fun.. so.. I'll check this one out as well.
It's amazing that almost noone knows about this one. I don't know how, but I've been looking forwards to it since... forever. The game, I'll try too.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll see about screens in a sec on no$gba if I can. According to some people on a rom site, it's a 3D platformer. Will confirm in a few minutes.

EDIT- is indeed a 3D platformer, but appears to be a bit linear. Possibly like Crash Bandicoot.

Screens-
upds1.png

upds2.png

Appears to control well and have decent graphics in my limited emulator testing. I'll write to my card later and play a little. I'll be open minded here.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
granville said:
I'll see about screens in a sec on no$gba if I can. According to some people on a rom site, it's a 3D platformer. Will confirm in a few minutes.

EDIT- is indeed a 3D platformer, but appears to be a bit linear. Possibly like Crash Bandicoot.

Screens-
upds1.png

upds2.png

Appears to control well and have decent graphics in my limited emulator testing. I'll write to my card later and play a little. I'll be open minded here.

Wow thats a stunner. The graphics look decent yeah..... Its one of the few good movie games like Monsters vs. Aliens huh?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem.
smile.gif
I also tried Ratatouille and it was pretty fun as well. I'll definitely play this some more in case there's a gem hidden underneath.

And was the DS Monsters VS Aliens good? I heard it wasn't. And was it full 3D as well? Not just sidescrolling, I mean real 3D.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
well, its more like a bunch of minigames together, that giant girl and the fishlike dude seems more towards your usual side-scrolling platform.

While, the bob would cater to the more stealthy variant.

And then, there is the insectsaur which is basically just walking around in a 3d environment crushing stuff.

and then, there is the coachroch section which is a bunch of laser puzzles.

But then again, i only completed the tutorials before i stop playing.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
No problem.
smile.gif
I also tried Ratatouille and it was pretty fun as well. I'll definitely play this some more in case there's a gem hidden underneath.

And was the DS Monsters VS Aliens good? I heard it wasn't. And was it full 3D as well? Not just sidescrolling, I mean real 3D.

The Ginormica levels were okay, but the rest of it was pretty poor. The Wii version of Monsters vs. Aliens, however, was surprisingly good.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I tried a couple of levels of this and really didn't like it. It's very linear like Lego Star Wars on DS, but without the fun. It uses the same engine from Tak Great Juju challenge DS and Meet the Robinsons DS. That means decent 3D graphics and smooth framerate. Too bad the platforming seems bland and the levels duller than they should be.

And I'd wait for the movie if I were you. This game will likely spoil the story and not in a good way either.

Carl is the old man and Russell is the fat boy scout kid. They can both double jump and move around normally. Switch between them with X. They follow each other until one separates from the other. Attacking uses up a special meter below your health. It recharges fast in a few seconds. Carl attacks with his cane, Russell with his bug net. Carl is ironically the only one who can climb up ledges even though he walks with a cane. He has to pull Russell up to get him on a ledge. Russell is the only one who can swim. You can break rocks to unearth bugs which Russell can catch in his bug net. I believe the bugs are for purchasing gadgets. The one gadget I have found so far is the hearing aid which I will explain in the next paragraph.

POSSIBLE MOVIE SPOILERS-

Apparently, these weird dogs are after you. I don't know why really, but I suspect the movie is going to explain better. Anyways, after the first level, you will fight a dog off in a pseudo-boss battle. From then on I suppose, you will have a meter on the bottom screen that slowly empties. It is supposed to be the amount of time until the dogs find you and attack you. If the meter empties, you will enter a battle between several dogs. I didn't worry about the meter after this as the battle was easy as pie. But there are two ways to avoid the dogs: 1- you can stand still for a few seconds and the meter will deplete. 2- you can use the hearing aid as an amplifier which seems to confuse the dogs. This also depletes the dog meter, but at the expense of your quickly regenerating attack meter.

END SPOILERS

Overall, this game is average. I didn't find anything truly amazing about it, but there's also not much wrong with it besides having nothing that hasn't been done before. I guess I give it a 6/10. It's ok, but there are far better games out there. The one thing this game has going for it is the 3D engine. It's really smooth and animates fairly well. But the engine has already been used in two far superior games- Tak Great Juju Challenge and Meet the Robinsons. The sound is nothing to write home about at all. No voices either, just text.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1