WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I've seen an extra section on Waninkoko's git for some time, and it has finally been filled. This section is the savegame manager, which will do to Wii savegame extraction and installation what the WAD manager did to WAD installation/extraction.

You can find the source here:
http://github.com/waninkoko/savegame-manager/tree

I've also compiled the first build. Seems to work fine. There's several output devices/locations available, and I presume cIOS wouldn't be a bad idea. Files are saved to device:/savegames/titleid/.

Savegame Manager - Alpha 1

UPDATE: New code has been added the repository. Only states a few little changes...
Savegame Manager - Alpha 2ish

UPDATE 2: This is the compiled version of the bugfix. While not officially named, I'll call it Alpha 3.
Savegame Manager - Alpha 3

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I'm gonna back up all my saves right now, Thanks for the compile! I'll edit my post if I have any trouble with any.

Looks like they all backed up fine, brawl was the only one that gave me a hard time and appeared to be writing for about 20 mins (usb drive light activity) but after a restart and program rerun it copied over fine.

WaRMarinE

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Tested and it works
biggrin.gif

Thanks for compiling it up WB3000, this is indeed better than his old Installer/Extractor apps since you dont need the game DVD anymore.

bin01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
boo i tough it was a REAL GC saver which u can use to save progress of gc games on wii/sd/usb instead of obsolete memory cards

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What format are they in? I found some that are .bin (like Twilight Princess) but others that are a .wii format. Maybe you can look on Google for a .wii -> .bin converter.

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now if only he (or anyone else) could come out with a MASS installer/extractor then we would be in business!!!!! I hate extracting/installing 1 by 1 when you have like 100+ saves.
frown.gif

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
syst3merror said:
now if only he (or anyone else) could come out with a MASS installer/extractor then we would be in business!!!!! I hate extracting/installing 1 by 1 when you have like 100+ saves.
frown.gif

I'd like to have a backup solution for my savegames too?

With this new tool - is it possible to extract the savegames without the need to have the game disc in ?

RC89

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone explain for what purpose i have to use this program? I didnt quite understand everything in the first post, its just a standin for wadmanager?

typo99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should be able to copy savegames between two wiis, right?

Because I am getting an error when trying to install a savegame that I extracted from another wii.

The message I'm getting is:

QUOTE said:
Installing savegame, please wait... ERROR! (ret = -106)

It sees the savegames on the SD card fine and they extracted with no problems, it's just when I go to install them that I get the error.

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
typo99 said:
I should be able to copy savegames between two wiis, right?

Because I am getting an error when trying to install a savegame that I extracted from another wii.

The message I'm getting is:

QUOTE said:
Installing savegame, please wait... ERROR! (ret = -106)

It sees the savegames on the SD card fine and they extracted with no problems, it's just when I go to install them that I get the error.

Humm have the same problem with World of Goo.

wiiztec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to create a savefile the through the game first because the installer overwrites it it can't create a nonexistant savefile

typo99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiztec said:
You need to create a savefile the through the game first because the installer overwrites it it can't create a nonexistant savefile

Well I do have a savefile already on the wii I'm trying to get the file onto.

The only thing is the one I am transferring is from a savegame off of my original disk of SMG. I am trying to bring it over to a second wii that has a SMG savegame from my backup on the usbloader.

Are the two types of saves not compatible? (original disk vs usbloader)

*edit* I put my original SMG disc in the second wii and it found the usbloader SMG save file with no problems and loaded it in. So Now I'm confused again as to why the savegame manager is giving me the error -106.

typo99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poked around a little more.

Seems when the savegame file is extracted it lists the title id as 00010000-524D4745

However, when it is in install mode it lists the title id as 00010000-52434745.

Maybe that is the problem. Tried renaming the folder, but didn't work.

Ah well, it is Alpha after all, I'll just wait for a revision.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: