Hacking pros and cons from sys 4.0

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I want to update ma wii with one of the tutrials here... but if I udate with tutrial will evrything still work? does the shop channel work? does soft mii work?
can someone give me the pros and the cons of this?
moogle.gif

and if you want an link too tutrial...
just type what you think in pros!

pros:
sd card menu!
hopefully shop channel works( and some orther channels)

cons:
need to use special guide...

squirrel420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so in 4.0 you can run HBC, USB Loader, Backup Channel, and GC backups? i don't care about disc channel backup support
also, can you still install wads for VC and such in 4.0?

squirrel420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, might be going to 4.0 soon if i can still install wads. didn't really pay much attention after i first saw people saying wad installing was gone.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
well i have 4.0 and i installed MM wad and i have it running from the sd card. you need to follow the guides carefully though. their all different depending what you want to use. for me it was easy just install rev9/10, update through Nintendo than install patched ios60. i only use the hbc and usb loader. but if you use preloader you can't use the method i used. like i said follow the guides carefully.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
squirrel420 said:
hmm, might be going to 4.0 soon if i can still install wads. didn't really pay much attention after i first saw people saying wad installing was gone.

So long as you have the homebrew channel, and cIOS before you update, you'll be fine. You'll be in trouble if you delete these in 4.0 though!

KamuiX

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
and because i got so many answers here just another one question a little bit out of topic. Is there any homebrew channel loader? doing the same thing as System menu's 4.0 SD Loader but for all the kind of original and homebrew channels.

It feels safer to run things from SD,HDD etc. than installing them on Wii. Thanks BTW for all the previous answers.

cheatmaster5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.0 works great
it has disc channel back up, wads work, themes work, preloader
update
the only thing i don't think it has is No Copy Save Protections Removed and Move your Disc Channel anywhere

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SenorClean said:
squirrel420 said:

So long as you have the homebrew channel, and cIOS before you update, you'll be fine. You'll be in trouble if you delete these in 4.0 though!
as long as u update with waninkokos updater im pretty sure u can still installs Cios. I have un/reinstalled cMIOS like 4 times on 4.0.

OHHHHHHHHHHHH!

One highly irrelevant Con, and I don't know if this is with 4.0 specifically or preloader pr something, but when installing a wad with wad manager, My Wii will not read backups through the disc channel with CIOSCORP, and you have to reinsert the game for it to be read 0.o

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
cheatmaster5 said:
the only thing i don't think it has is No Copy Save Protections Removed and Move your Disc Channel anywhere

PAL Preloader has both those hacks and they work fine. I dunno bout NTSC.

No Cons with 4.0 so far

ebaymarcaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also considering updating to 4.0. I was wondering why preloader is recommended for the upgrade. Is there a random chance the updating (Waninkoko's updater) will fail and Brik the wii?

I'm just hesitant to install preloader because it sounds like some people have tried uninstalling it (imporperly) and bricked their wii. Is it simple to uninstall?

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over