Hacking Can emulators still be played on unhackable wii

soopa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just bought a new wii with the serial number starting with LU65 and I was wondering if could install the hbc with the TP hack and run just the emulators?
thanks Soopa

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bugaveli said:
nope sry

QUOTE(SanGor @ Apr 22 2009, 02:44 PM) of course you can, TP/HBC work perfeclty fine on a 3.4 Wii, the only thing which doesn't work on those new LU64s is anything cIOS related.

Not necessarily true.

The serial number is not an indicator of an "unsoftmoddable" Wii. I have an LU65 that runs Gamma, USB Loader, and any other cIOS related app without any issues whatsoever.

Unfortunately we don't have a reliable method (that I know of) to identify the "unsoftmoddable" Wii's until you try using certain apps. In the meantime Soopa I would recommend:

1. Install TP Hack.
2. Install HBC.
3. Install IOS16 using WadManager v1.3.
4. Install cIOS rev9 from a WAD using Custom WAD Manager (IOS16).

Then try Gamma, USB Loader, etc... If they work then you're in luck and you don't have an "unsoftmoddable" Wii.

And yes, even if you do have an "unsoftmoddable" Wii your emulators should still work (I believe).

EDIT: Changed "unhackable" to "unsoftmoddable".

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I would call these Wiis "unsoftmoddable". If you get your hands on such a Wii with 3.4 system menu on it, you can use the twilight hack to install the homebrew channel. And if you have the homebrew channel, you are always able to use most homebrew. On 3.4 without a cIOS, you can't use anything that requires a cIOS(backup launching) or trucha(wad/custom channel installation) that's it.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
I would call these Wiis "unsoftmoddable".

Good point. We had been using that term but it seems to have been replaced by "unhackable". They are not truly "unhackable".

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emulators should work on the new wiis, but make sure to stay away from the versions of some of the emus that require a CIOS to work, I know some of the newest Emus do require a CIOS to be installed inorder to work were as the older versions do not. So just make sure to find Emus that do not require a CIOS and you should be good to go.

tanis698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u can soft mod it np.mine is a lu65 3.4u and i can play backups etc on it.just don't downgrade and get the lu64 fix.used the twilight hack

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love it when people answer questions they obviously have no clue about whatsoever.
1) Using bannerbomb to run loadmii, install ios16 from a wad (as stated above) using wadmanager 1.4 (default settings)
2) exit wadmanager, then start it again using ios16 and install cIOSrev7 or 9 (whatever works for you... may have better luck using a WAD to install it).
When you get one of those to install, you will be able to
3) run wadmanager 1.4 using ios249 and you're good to go. As ios249, you can install cIOSrev10 and any other homebrew you want. You can play backups using the backup launchers, just not from the disc channel and not homebrew from trucha signed discs.

so... there is no such thing as an "unhackable" Wii. You just stand a very high chance of a brick if you attempt to downgrade the firmware or an IOS on the LU64+. You wanna be safe? don't run firmware or ios downgraders on those Wiis, but by all means get the cIOS installed. I personally start off by installing bootmii if it is possible (most machines will at least let you install it as IOS).

Heck I'm not sure what it does, but there is a LU64 fix on the softmii page you can try as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: