Hacking Pokemon Platinum 1MB?

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I can't find the original thread and to be honest I'm getting really ticked. Ok I have a save file for Pokemon Platinum (not far thankfully so if I have to start over and I most likely will I will just do it). I've been having problems getting the game to save properly and I heard it was due to Pokemon Platinum having a larger save file than most. So I decided to try to figure out how to use the savlib and the infolib files, but honestly I can't figure it out period. There was a certain thing that could convert my current save file to a 1MB one, but for unknown reasons it has decided to work only with no$gba and not with the R4. I tried to convert the files to an R4 Raw save, but it converts the new 1MB file back to the 512KB. I've been searching for hours, but I can't seem to get this to work and I honestly don't know how. Any help would be appreciated.

(Sorry if it's in the wrong place!)

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually from what I've been reading is that after playing for so long the save file will eventually corrupt and will become unplayable, so I believe this to be a rather big problem, especially since the game is already having problems saving and I have to save 2-3 times before the game will actually decide it wants to save.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
you cant play pokemon platinum on the normal r4 because it has a new save type....u need to make and install ysmenu and it will werk like a charm......

I have YSMenu, but I probably installed it half-assed because I don't have half of what the others have in their YSMenu, I have the r4dldi.dat file and that's pretty much it.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly, get the latest version of YSMenu running on your R4. Then insert the custom savlib.dat into the TTMENU folder, convert your 512kb Pokemon save and Bob's your uncle.

The custom infolib.dat isn't needed to play Pokemon Platinum correctly but it's worth having because it speeds up the loading process dramatically. Put it in the TTMENU folder.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok well I did all that, but now I'm getting an r4patch.dat error:

ERROR:
r4patch.dat
NO_BOOT_LOADER

I have the r4patch.dat in my TTMenu folder (I'm running R4YSauto YSMenu from the YSMenu.nds file), but I'm getting this error. Anyone know why?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Start from scratch. If you follow step by step the info & guides Depravo mentioned, you'll be all set. I just got my first DS a week ago with no prior DS knowledge & it worked flawlessly on the 1st attempt.

Betu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Depravo said:
Firstly, get the latest version of YSMenu running on your R4. Then insert the custom savlib.dat into the TTMENU folder, convert your 512kb Pokemon save and Bob's your uncle.

The custom infolib.dat isn't needed to play Pokemon Platinum correctly but it's worth having because it speeds up the loading process dramatically. Put it in the TTMENU folder.
I swear I did all you told Aeladya, replaced the infolib.dat and savlib.dat in the TTMENU folder, converted my file from 512kb to 1mb (obtained file with savsender, tried other homebrew apps but savsender was the one that obtained the 512kb save file), placed it in my TTDSi Gold Ed. and I still get Prof Rowan when I try to load the game ._. the only reason I'm doing this is because the original cartridge belongs to a friend, when he wants his cartridge back there goes my effort, any more ideas on what to do? Right now I'm going to try a save file converter to see if I get any results. Help plz
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night