Hacking usb loader freezing with all games after short times??

Bluefinger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
is anyone else finding that ALL there games freeze after short time like a minute after they boot whether ripped using usb loader or windows tool? seeing it in wii music seems that it losses the controller and then games stop working.
is wanikoko coding causing?? or other problem?

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=145...t&p=1870644

I'm not using a thumbdrive but it also happen to me. If you read my post I played ONE game fine. Then when installing more games and even playing the same game again, it freezes.

Also, if it an overheating issue then wouldn't a thumbdrive/HDD unmounted itself on the computer too (ie. installing game)?

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I play around a bit more (no pun intended lol) and I think I came to a reason why it's doing it. What sess said, it something to do with the drive "mounting".

If playing a game that require constant streaming video/audio/loading (ie. Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl), it will unmount the drive ~1 minute into the game.

If playing a game that doesn't require constant streaming and only loads data when it needs to (ie. moving to "another level" and/or entering/leaving an area), it won't unmount itself unless you keep doing something that makes it loads data constantly (ie. entering/leaving a house in Animal Crossing). Though I find this strange because I played ACCF for an hour with no problem before. @_@

Omegax0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been trying Kororinpa 2 and I doubt that uses a lot of streaming. It always freezes 10 seconds into the level, or even in the menu if I'm not fast enough.

The strange thing is that I have managed to play it without a problem a few times. Same with Wii Music (which tends to freeze in the very start if you have video sharing turned on).

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Haven't noticed this yet, but then I have been too busy filling my hard drive up to actually play anything for any length of time lol
Will try tomorrow and post back if I have any freezes/unmounts to report.

Bluefinger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
nothing wrong with my flash drives, tried it with Wii Sports in the drive and without. happens with Animal Crossing, Wii Music, Mario Galaxy, everything I can find.

Omegax0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's even stranger now. With a disk in the drive it worked at first. I was able to play a whole level in Kororinpa without a problem. Then I decided to reset and it ended up freezing again the next 2 times I tried. I really wonder what's wrong.

Also according to WinDLG's quick test my drive is fine. I'll pass on the extensive test since it seems to take more than 4 hours.
tongue.gif

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
FYI the usb driver is still unfinished. And the DIP isn't too. It might get a 'remount' feature later so it'll help you guys. And I don't really think that thumbdrives overheats and unmounts themselves, I used to have linux installed on my pendrive to fix people's pc and it worked fine (with constant reads/writes to the drive).

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Omegax0 said:
I've been trying Kororinpa 2 and I doubt that uses a lot of streaming.
Actually it does. Lots of Wii games release lately have streaming audio.

And I'll try putting in a disc while launching a game. *cross finger*

EDIT: Nope, that doesn't work.
frown.gif

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Omegax0 said:
It's even stranger now. With a disk in the drive it worked at first. I was able to play a whole level in Kororinpa without a problem. Then I decided to reset and it ended up freezing again
Lol! Same with Mario Galaxy here XD...I played through Good Egg galaxy 1st and 2nd mission without problems :F Reset->Instant freeze

Using Samsung 160GB 2,5''

ekolimits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried playing mario kart and tales of symphonia and get a freeze
it freezes on selecting single player or other options in mario kart...
wii sports played ok... but i only played one match of tennis...

i have a maxtor ide hard disk in an enclosure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hammer the threads