Hacking Any solutions for firmware 4.0?

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay... this is a LONG shot, but it is worth a try...

Go HERE, download the required files, and attempt Steps 03-07.

If this works, in theory, you should then be able to install "cIOS36 rev.8"

Please try, and post your results!

Good Luck!! =)

TiMeBoMb

MuFFiE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
did not work for me, wad manager 1.3 wouldnt load from the homebrew channel anymore on firm 4.0 without the cios

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DKAngel said:
wad manager needs a cios to fuction properly and if it isnt there it wont work
Okay... Now I'm curious.

If this is true...what cIOS does WADManager require?

blink.gif

XeroCure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
DKAngel said:
wad manager needs a cios to fuction properly and if it isnt there it wont work
Okay... Now I'm curious.

If this is true...what cIOS does WADManager require?

blink.gif

It requires a CIOS 36 installed as CIOS 249, this is the one from Waninkoko's CIOS38 rev8 installer.

crinz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
is there any way to downgrade or install cIOS from 4.0 if I had a modchip.

I stupidly upgraded now fnd i cant install WADS as i never had a cIS installed

thanks

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XeroCure said:
It requires a CIOS 36 installed as CIOS 249, this is the one from Waninkoko's CIOS38 rev8 installer.
This doesn't make any sense! I was using WADManager before I even installed cIOS! The first time I installed cIOS was when I installed Backup Launcher! PLUS... I used WADManager to install "cIOS36 rev.8"!! SO... If what you are saying is true, I would've had to have "cIOS rev.8" installed before using WADManager! That's IMPOSSIBLE, since you use WADManager to install "cIOS36 rev.8"!!

???

Schmitt

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm having this problem too!
I'm on 4.0U but i didn't installed any cIOS before!
I only have the HBC...

Now, what do I do?

anonymous_cactus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Timebomb,

While the wad manager RUNS, it will not install any wads to my knowledge. Tried using the files you suggested but you will get a ticket error when installing any WADS since they have been blocked with the 4.0 update if you didnt have CIOS installed. While it may work with 3.3/3.4, not with 4.0 unfortunately

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I believe I was one of the first "victims". I did the Kongsnutz guide and felt jaded afterwards 'cause there was not a real warning for the dangerous situation here, namely that of not having a cIOS installed would render your Wii useless for WAD-installing.

As I expected there are more "victims" as days go by.

It's sad, but at least Wii games (without a trucha patch) still work as usual and HBC still works.

It's only wad-installing that is the major problem.

But I read that Marcan from Team Twiizers has announced that they're already busy with new methods for bypassing security. I believe they will mainly focus on their bootmii application, that should work on any firmware.

After a few days I finally have faith in new developments and I guess it will eventually be like the NDS situation, where at first we were all flashing our DS with a toothpick wrapped in foil and in the end there was just a DS cart that did the bypass-job.

I'm sure there will be good times ahead, just sit tight and have faith...

...amen...

anonymous_cactus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I think mots of the victims were behind-the-times so to speak. I think most of us who were confused either had hardware mods or were on 3.2 all along without updating. The CIOS part SPECIFICALLY mentioned instructions for firmware 3.3/3.4... which I figured didn't apply to me since I was on 3.2. And yes, while I still think it wasn't very clear, i still should have waited even longer to make sure I was doing things correctly and ASK about the ciosv7 which was a little bit confusing...

I do appreciate that the guide has been updated however, for those who may be in a similar situation as I was, so they don't make the same mistake.

So now we sit and wait, and hope for the best

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
anonymous_cactus said:
Well I think the victims were behind-the-times so to speak. I think most of us who were consfused either had hardware mods or were on 3.2 all along without updating. And yes, while I still think it wasn't very clear, i still should have waited even longer to make sure I was doing things correctly and ASK about the ciosv7 which was a little bit confusing...

I could have written what you wrote there... I feel exactly the same. I was too eager. I have a Wiikey'd 3.2E Wii and never installed any cIOS. And it's not because I'm a simpleton that I made this mistake. I've gotten used to fellow-tempers who have great solutions with nice little guides and whenever there's a risk they would clearly let us know. This time I was to hasty and made a mistake.

QUOTEI do appreciate that the guide has been updated however
...and that probably happened because I was angry as hell at Kongsnutz for not making a better tutorial.

Thingmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the only quote that worries me -- it's from the kongnutz install thread - someone mentioned this:

Jacobeian said:
you were able to install wads because you were on 3.2 or 3.3 before the october update
by updating, all your IOS are now fixed and won't allow fakesigned wad installation

cIOS is the only one unaffected by all updates
without that, it's impossible to install anything (cIOS, patched IOS, channels wad,etc) neither to go back to previous versions

so yes you are screwed, welcome to the legal world
unsure.gif

PS: don't hope for new versions of Wad Manager, it's impossible to install fakesigned stuff on the Wii without a cIOS, period
unless someone smart enough find a new bug in current IOS (very unlikely to happen since Nintendo probably put all efforts in that, hence the time before releasing updates)

bobinski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
OK, this maybe stupid.

Can I install the CIOS36 v8 dol from HBC and fix the problem?

Is there a way that we can convert wads to dols and run through HBC?

Or maybe a solution will come up and we could install wad directly to a SD card from our PC, then put the SD card on Wii with system menu 4.0, go to the SD card menu and.. voila

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.