Hacking TO EVERY ONE THAT CAN'T BE BOTHERD TO READ

kimikal27

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it's amazing the quantity of new topics opened for one thing, try do READ the main topics cuz if you don't and you get a brick,
IT SERVES YOU WELL

my advice is if you like your wii, just READ, THEN IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION USE THE TOPIC THAT EVERY ONE IS USING.

spawn844

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well people cant wait:/ i cant blame them sence a decent update never came to us for so long, and hell having more sd sapport and playing games off the sd card aren't bad ither. However as a pirate its all useless if you cant play wads from it yet well the ones i dont buy:/

And due to them wanting this, the cry afterwords saying i installed the update with out the items needed to go back.or...

I moved the hb channel i am going to try to do something stupid to get it back on...

Something along those lines, People just cant wait.

Just wait people in time there will be a noob installer always will be one for you guys. give it a week and stop all the threads about why you cant downgrade because you updated

And if you do, please put it in a 4.0 topic already being discussed. or use the nooby thread. It gets answered faster and you wont look like a noob, double k.o:)

sgwiiboy

Trophies
XP
Country
I have only been a member of this site for a few months and active in the forum for even less. I am amazed with how little people read up on things before they start messing with their Wii. I am also amazed that more people have not bricked their Wii and I am sure is more down to luck than judgement. Everytime I have run any hacks I make sure I know what I'm doing before I run it and have a good read around first.

I lost count yesterday of how many people were saying that they couldn't get a dol to run. I just don't understand why anyone who doesn't know the how to run a dol is messing around with this stuff before learning about it first. Obviously people on here are richer than I am to be so reckless with their Wii.

spawn844

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sgwiiboy said:
I have only been a member of this site for a few months and active in the forum for even less. I am amazed with how little people read up on things before they start messing with their Wii. I am also amazed that more people have not bricked their Wii and I am sure is more down to luck than judgement. Everytime I have run any hacks I make sure I know what I'm doing before I run it and have a good read around first.

I lost count yesterday of how many people were saying that they couldn't get a dol to run. I just don't understand why anyone who doesn't know the how to run a dol is messing around with this stuff before learning about it first. Obviously people on here are richer than I am to be so reckless with their Wii.

As i said, easy installers. Make em noob proof after that, there on there own

RT-9

Trophies
Website
www.trancecast.tk
XP
Country
Canada
*sigh* i must agree with you..yes, i posted in 2 or 3 topics of wii 4.0 topic's...
but they were different... i just ignore topics like i bricked my wii because you can just google it

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree as well , reading will answer most if not all ure answers regarding any moding to the wii. most people just want to be babied thru the install.

pebls123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I agree how much "is it ok to upgrade to 4.0?" and "I brivked from updating to 4.0?" threads do we need.

spawn844 said:
However as a pirate its all useless if you cant play wads from it yet well the ones i dont buy:/
FYI, you can use the sd feature on pirated wads by installing a trucha free IOS 60(google it or run a original IOS through freethebug.exe) after updating

sgwiiboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I think we need to start a thread entitled "Wall Of Shame".

Anyone asking a question like "HELP! I have an 002 error" should have their name then written on the wall of shame to be ridiculed by all.

games2007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pebls123 said:
Yea I agree how much "is it ok to upgrade to 4.0?" and "I brivked from updating to 4.0?" threads do we need.

spawn844 said:
However as a pirate its all useless if you cant play wads from it yet well the ones i dont buy:/
FYI, you can use the sd feature on pirated wads by installing a trucha free IOS 60(google it or run a original IOS through freethebug.exe) after updating

True, but FYI, the games are still copied to your system menu every time you want to play them, making Nintendo 4.0 update useless.
Nintendo couldn't do one thing right in this update.
Downgrading still works too.
Just stay at 3.2.
Don't fix what isn't broken.
Enjoy your limited amount of Wad-installed games and game "backups".
You'd be getting the same features on 4.0, excluding the ability to launch backups through the disk channel.
Preloader hacks, as far as I know, don't work on 4.0.

Cygoku

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you know what you are doing and install stuff manually, you don't brick. If you are 25 yrs or less and have little knowledge of the Wii hardware and system files, you try-n-brick or stfu.

Cygoku

Daagar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree about the large amount of duplication in the threads, but I think a large part of the problem is that many posts giving advice are being done by folks that have only a very loose grasp on English and grammar. While some guides are great, a large number are of the form:

1. Okay, now youz up the IOS is the menu, 'kay?
2. You'll get fatal errors at this step. LOL
3. Now you can haz internet
4. THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT. Turn on the wii
5. Now install everything. Don't worry about the order, but do it in the wrong order and you'll brick. But remember step 4!

I know, if I can do so much better than I should provide one. If it hadn't been for djtaz's guide for getting gamma running, I'm not sure I'd have ever been able to cobble together the correct information.

EDIT: Timebomb's recent System Menu 4.0 guide completely invalidates everything I said above
smile.gif
One of the best Wii tutortials on upgrading I've seen. Excellent stuff, mentions all the files needed, all the caveats, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: