Hacking Wii system 4.0?

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the update that allows channels to be read off of the sd card. I assume this will kill the homebrew channel and other softmods, but the new system menu is so cool! So I guess were waiting for a fix?

mariomaniac33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea what IOS this system menu runs off of?

I'm curious to see what will happen if we install just the new system menu and it's corresponding IOS manually.

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
JJBro1 said:
This is the update that allows channels to be read off of the sd card. I assume this will kill the homebrew channel and other softmods, but the new system menu is so cool! So I guess were waiting for a fix?

Why should it be "so cool!"?

Installed 4.0 in a softmodded Wii (MiiWii Package)

- HBC works
- Twilight Hack doesn't work anymore
- DVDX works in some cases
- Backups are still playable in Disc Channel (GC and Wii)
- Backup Launcher still works

Did not tried:

- Installation of WADs
- Copy Savegames
- Downgrading
- some other things

kauha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
yep i whas just softmod today my friends wii and notice that i forkogt wrong twhack so. we updatet loooong time we fihgt about 1-2hours and then wtf 4.0 and before that we formated his WII and etc. deleted all savings B)

lennytv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use the "wii shop update installer" and update my shop channel. (currently running on homebrewed custom IOS 3.2. Everytime i tried to load the shop channel it brings me back to the wii system menu. Does anyone know an alternative to get the new SD Card Support etc without losing all homebrew?

BlueCP

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Greetings everyone.

I happen to be the owner of an accidently updated consol in 4.0E...
Well.. no wad installation is available anymore and no twilight thing also.
In my case homebrew channel was preveusly installed in the system so
now i have the channel which reads successfully the sd but no luck for the rest hack process.
Thats all. I am very dissapointed and while i seak a way to fix this, noone seams to know about 4.0 released. Except this forum.

Anyway never giveup!...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BlueCP said:
Greetings everyone.

I happen to be the owner of an accidently updated consol in 4.0E...
Well.. no wad installation is available anymore and no twilight thing also.
In my case homebrew channel was preveusly installed in the system so
now i have the channel which reads successfully the sd but no luck for the rest hack process.
Thats all. I am very dissapointed and while i seak a way to fix this, noone seams to know about 4.0 released. Except this forum.

Anyway never giveup!...

If you have a cIOS installed in a place where no official IOS are, it might be still there and usable in WAD Manager. So if you installed a cIOS for Gamma, or the usb2.0 cIOS, you still have a chance to get some stuff working. Ok, i'm not sure about the usb2.0 cIOS, i have 1 report that next to nothing trucha related works with it(AnyTitleDeleter and WAD Manager).

The Mole

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Wii with Wii Key 1.9 installed running firmware 3.2. Would i be correct in thinking its not a good idea to update?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Prisoner said:
JussiPik said:
Supports also SDHC -cards up to 32 gb (or even more)
really?? awesome....
yep

changelog from ninty:

* The Wii console can now use SDHC (SD High Capacity) Cards with a maximum of 32GB of storage.
* The SD Card Menu, which allows you to launch titles directly from an SD or SDHC Card, is added to the Wii menu (more info).
* The Wii Shop Channel will now allow you to download titles directly to an SD or SDHC Card.
* The Wii console's Data Management menu has been enhanced to make it easier to copy and move stored items on an SD Card or the Wii console's system memory.
* The Wii User Agreement, which includes the Wii Privacy Policy, has been updated. Because the updated agreement applies to you and your use of the Wii Network Service, you should view the updated version by clicking on the Wii icon located on the lower-left portion of the Wii Channel menu, selecting Wii Settings, accessing the Internet setting, and selecting User Agreements.
* There are other behind-the-scenes enhancements to the Wii console system menu included with Wii Menu 4.0

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
So what if they blocked IOS reloading? Then even if you still have a custom ios, you can't make use of it... unless you installed that application as a channel... and the tmd of the channel should specify the custom ios...

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lennytv said:
i use the "wii shop update installer" and update my shop channel. (currently running on homebrewed custom IOS 3.2. Everytime i tried to load the shop channel it brings me back to the wii system menu. Does anyone know an alternative to get the new SD Card Support etc without losing all homebrew?

for the new shop channel you will now need to install the IOS61 first then the new shop channel wad, look around you'll find it,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs