ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You will need to have a cIOS249 installed so the Wad Manager can work properly, serch for the running_pir8 guide Oct23rd FIX so you can achieve this, then.....

It's easy, cIOS Downgrader installs:

IOS30-64-v1040
Mios v5
BC v2
System Menu v289 (3.2U)

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for 30 and 31 v1039 is preferred over 1040

also, you can downgrade IOS9 by just deleting it and then using savemiifrii to boot a non-brickblocked zelda or other launch game....the older version of IOS9 is not available on the servers.....the only IOS that can't be downgraded at all is 4.....no wad or online version of the older one is available....
someone could dump a wad, but the proper signature would not be possible.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ah-ha ah-ha, I'm just typing here what cIOS and IOS Downgraders do, nothing less nothing more...!!
wink.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A REAL offline downgrade would include IOS9, IOS21 and IOS28 too. And from a guide to do it, i expect a way to test the success of the IOS installations before the dangerous ones are installed.

PS: If you include IOS37, you can include IOS38,53 and 55 too.
PPS: Where does this downgrade to?

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, I know this probably took lots of testing to find out, but can I borrow it for my tutorial? I'll say that it's untested and use at your own risk and stuff and I'll give you credit so please...
happy.gif

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:

Why is that? Don't the 1040 versions have the fakesigning bug still intact? Doesn't IOS30 v1039 correlate with SystemMenu 256/257/258? If you were going to install SystemMenu 288/289/290 wouldn't it be preferrable to have IOS30 v1040 (which correlates with 288/289/290)?

QUOTEalso, you can downgrade IOS9 by just deleting it and then using savemiifrii to boot a non-brickblocked zelda or other launch game....the older version of IOS9 is not available on the servers.....

Wouldn't it be easier to extract the v516 wad from Zelda/WiiPlay disc and install it using WAD Manager?

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:

I don't believe the "downgrade" of IOS37 is really useful in this case, since the fakesigning bug was fixed in v2070. Maybe this is the version that would be in place if you were actually on SystemMenu 288/289/290? Anyway it doesn't seem to be useful.

Also I don't believe there were ever versions of IOS38,53, and 55 that had the fakesigning bug, so why include them at all? I guess you could patch them with the bug, but I'm not sure I see the need.

QUOTEPPS: Where does this downgrade to?

System Menu v289 (3.2U)

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fogbank said:
noobwarrior7 said:

Why is that? Don't the 1040 versions have the fakesigning bug still intact? Doesn't IOS30 v1039 correlate with SystemMenu 256/257/258? If you were going to install SystemMenu 288/289/290 wouldn't it be preferrable to have IOS30 v1040 (which correlates with 288/289/290)?

with various apps I get some "identify as SU" and similar errors with the 1040's, meaning I don't have full read/write access.
it could be a problem with the apps, but then I don't get the errors with 1039. minor detail.

QUOTE said:
also, you can downgrade IOS9 by just deleting it and then using savemiifrii to boot a non-brickblocked zelda or other launch game....the older version of IOS9 is not available on the servers.....

Wouldn't it be easier to extract the v516 wad from Zelda/WiiPlay disc and install it using WAD Manager?

I thought so too, but that didn't work for me, I had to do it that way....you try and report back, trying to write the older version gave me errors (even after completely uninstalling IOS9, possible I just had a bad wad. but to answer what you actually asked....I would say to anyone who can already boot to recovery menu, NO its not any easier.....easiness level is the same.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fogbank said:
WiiPower said:

I don't believe the "downgrade" of IOS37 is really useful in this case, since the fakesigning bug was fixed in v2070. Maybe this is the version that would be in place if you were actually on SystemMenu 288/289/290? Anyway it doesn't seem to be useful.

Also I don't believe there were ever versions of IOS38,53, and 55 that had the fakesigning bug, so why include them at all? I guess you could patch them with the bug, but I'm not sure I see the need.

Everything with a version higher than 1042 doesn't have the fakesigning bug, and IOS37 never had it, 2070 is the 1st IOS37.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok the forums are finally back so I can type my reply, this is what you got when you use cIOS and IOS Downgraders, nothing less nothing more, those exact versions, in that exact order, so IOS38 - 53 - 55 doesn't have any downgrade cause they are in their first release version just as IOS37; IOS9 I supouse you have it cause you already used Zelda to install the HBC, IOS21-28 doesn't get installed using IOS downgrader so I didn't put those, and finally this has been tested several times, except that not in .wad format, but still has to work, if it doesn't work then you are certainly doing something wrong like, Eg. you are at 3.4 and you haven't installed IOS16 first and/or aren't using the Custom Wad Manager that hangs from IOS16 (can also be done if you already installed cIOS249_r7/8.wad and the normal Wad Manager 1.3).

Cheers.....!!!
biggrin.gif

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a real offline downgrade in my sig... its been there for months. It's only for US, but if yu change the system menu wad you'll be all set to go with any region.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes but this is posted here so everyone knows about what is need to be done, and now with your post here is the perfect thread (till some MOD come and edit your sign)..!!
biggrin.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well from 3.2 me and maybe others expect the Wii loads trucha signed discs from all games before the 3.3v2 update. If IOS21 and IOS28 are missing, this isn't done. To me the combination of AnyRegionChanger, IOS downgrader and cIOS downgrader doesn't work correctly if these IOS are missing. Why not just do it right when you do it?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The thing is that I've upgrade to 3.4 like 3098729834287039 times and then just used cIOS and IOS downgraded and I still can load trucha signed disc, so I think they haven't any further update, but tell me the versions for IOS9 - 21 - 28 and I'll include them in the first post, and better yet, if you don't have CIOScorp installed, just run Title Lister and I'll post your complete IOS installed versions..!!
biggrin.gif

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jinxvorheeze said:
I have a real offline downgrade in my sig... its been there for months. It's only for US, but if yu change the system menu wad you'll be all set to go with any region.

This is NOT a true downgrader that you have in your sig. You end up with CIOSCorp installed if you follow your steps using your files.

BigEN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
WiiPower said:
Well from 3.2 me and maybe others expect the Wii loads trucha signed discs from all games before the 3.3v2 update. If IOS21 and IOS28 are missing, this isn't done. To me the combination of AnyRegionChanger, IOS downgrader and cIOS downgrader doesn't work correctly if these IOS are missing. Why not just do it right when you do it?

What is REALLY needed to up- or downgrade?
I'm confused about using cios_fix.wad. In most tuts it's needed!?

WiiPower, please, could you write a quick step-by-step mini-tut?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well to be on 3.2 firmware, you need the 3.2 IOS(that are the latest versions of all IOS from IOS9 till IOS36, up to v1042) and the 3.2 system menu for your region installed. If you install these IOS and the system menu via WAD files or if you use AnyRegionChanger and IOS and cIOS downgrader doesn't matter.

The WAD method has the advantage of being offline and that you don't depend on nintendo still hosting files on their servers, which are not included in any "legal"(i think you get what i mean with the "") update.

Ok, here's what i would recommend to do in order to downgrade:

If you get an error in one step, especially errors in WAD Manager and/or something isn't as it should, STOP! Don't proceed then.

1. Get one of Waninkoko's cIOS rev5 or higher installed as IOS249(IOS16.wad, and cIOS.wad downloads are illegal, but there isn't a 100% legal alternative for the IOS16.wad) So when you install a cIOS, it's just plain simple and logically to directly install the cIOS you want to have in the end, which is either the rev7 or the rev8 cIOS. You don't always need the cIOS, but with the cIOS this process should always work. It works because the cIOS has the trucha bug integrated and WAD Manager is one of the very few applications that uses IOS249 automatically if it's present.

2. Get SoftChip

3. With the help of SoftChip search for an installed IOS that has a different version than the one you want to install. Don't use IOS30,IOS50,IOS60 or IOS used by the HBC for this.
Example 1: You have IOS35v4633 installed and you want to install IOS35v1040.
Example 2: You have IOS33v7 installed and you want to install IOS33v1040.
(don't know if these versions exist, these are just examples)

4. Install the new(old) version of the IOS you picked with WAD Manager

5. Test the IOS with SoftChip. Check if it tells the correct version and check if it's able to load Wii Sports.

6. Install the new(old) IOS the HBC uses with WAD Manager

7. Check if your HBC still works

8. Install the other IOS except IOS30, still look out for errors. Testing the each of these IOS wouldn't harm, but shouldn't be necessary.

now the dangerous part, only proceed if everything worked fine until here and you got 0 errors in WAD Manager

9. Install IOS30

10. Install the correct system menu for your region

PS: I know it's the same as the other offline downgrades, but this version should be 99% secure if you use the correct IOS files and the correct system menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1