Hacking Having trouble with 2 games

LD560

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've searched the forums but there dosent seem to be one exact answer to these 2 games, so seeing as it seems to be effecting M3DS Real users the most. I'm gonna post it here.

1. 100 Classic Book Collection (EU)

* the problem is the downloadable content...I've read that although the .sav file created is 512, it needs to be much larger to accomadate the other
downloadable books, so how do I create a larger save file for the game?

2. The World Ends With You (EU)

* The problem, it freezes at the intro and you cant get past it, I havent been able to find the reason why on the forums yet through searching( there are a
number of ideas but nothing concrete) so anyone know how to get round this problem?

Thanks for any help guys, appreciate it
smile.gif

LD560

gosp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
The first one uses an odd save type, so you'll have to find a save file already made.

For TWEWY Shut the ds just before it freezes. The rest of the game goes without problems.

LD560

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortently that has not worked for TWEWY, I guess I'll just have to buy it, I've tried various methods and nothings worked
frown.gif

Still would like to know how to make a bigger save file for 100 book classic collection though
smile.gif

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
1. wait for the M3team to fix it on their firmware
2. some people has this problem, some people don't, depending on the microsd card used, so try another microsd card if you have it

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
LD560 said:
Unfortently that has not worked for TWEWY, I guess I'll just have to buy it, I've tried various methods and nothings worked
frown.gif
Even the lid-closing trick didn't work?

How did you do it? The correct way is to wait until the cutscene with the freeze begins, and a second or two before Neku passes the dude in the black hat in the cutscene, start opening and closing the DS.

You don't have to open and close the DS all the way, just enough to trigger the screens to turn on and off. Whenever you open the screen and close it again, you should hear a bit of the music play each time you open it. Do this several times until the cutscene passes that point where it freezes, and at this point you can open the DS all the way and let the rest of the cutscene play normally.

In case you mess up (e.g., if you open the DS all the way before the freezing point), you should use RTS after the emo-shit dialog is over at the beginning so you can just load the RTS at the point right before the freeze happens and you can try again.

LD560

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Too be fair I buy all the great DS games. There are some series of games, such as LOZ, Final Fantasy, Castlevania and the mana series I just buy straight away. Mario as well, and others I just know will be good such as Chrono Trigger
smile.gif
laugh.gif

In fact I havent brought a single bad DS game. I heard alot of hype bout TWEWY, and the reviews all said it was an awesome game, but just thought I'd try it first before I buy it
smile.gif

Also I've ordered another MicroCard...seeing as it was a deal mymemory.co.uk were doing, we're I've just paid £3.50 $4.78 for 8gig class 4 Kingston card
laugh.gif

Densetsu, Im actually glad you've detailed it out now..as I was just closing and opening it randomily...lol

Now that its been explained I will give it another try
smile.gif

Also does anyone body know what I can do bout 100 Classic Book collection??? I know you have to create a bigger save file apparently, but I dont know how...lol
happy.gif
;

LD560

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Update: Is there any difference between the EU/US version of TWEWY? Maybe I'll have look with the US
version if there's no differences
smile.gif

Update 2 : At last finally got it to work with the open / close lid option
laugh.gif
smile.gif

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
LD560 said:
Densetsu, Im actually glad you've detailed it out now..as I was just closing and opening it randomily...lol

Now that its been explained I will give it another try
smile.gif

Also does anyone body know what I can do bout 100 Classic Book collection??? I know you have to create a bigger save file apparently, but I dont know how...lol
happy.gif
;
Glad the explanation helped and that you finally got it working working
smile.gif

I've heard that the (U) and (E) ROMs of TWEWY are interchangeable with the .sav file (which is also the case with Dragon Quest V), so they're probably identical just like the (E) and (U) versions of DQV.

As for the 100 Classic Books Collection, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that NOBODY knows how to make a 1MB save file for it. There is no solution for the 100 Classic Books Collection, unfortunately. The reason I say that is because people like to prove other people wrong, so I'm calling anyone out who knows how to solve this problem in the hopes that someone will prove me wrong.

LD560

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome and cheers for the info on DQV that was another game I was going to try out too..
laugh.gif

If anyone does create a solution for 100 CBC, it might be handy for other games that may imploy a simliar downloadable content feature in the future. So anyone out there with a solution please share it, reward with sweets / candy
laugh.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DeltaBurnt said:
This might be a lame answer but I suggest you actually buy TWEWY.

It's such a great game that I would honorably buy it (and I did ;-) )
nobody sells it anymore.
at least, where i live.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I found out how to run this flawlessly, run it on the old outdated M3 iSakuReal
For some reason it doesn't freeze at all
Well at least with the Kingston 2G Micro SD card, I haven't tested it on any of my other cards.
But so far I am on day 2 and it is able to load and save, so if you have an extra card, I suggest downgrading it.
If there is any problems, keep posted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.