Hacking Mario and Luigi RPG 3 (Japan) Protection Check Bypass!

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well folks, here is the protection bypass cheat for Mario and Luigi RPG 3 (Japan)! This will let you bypass the protection measures and play the game without any interruptions. This code will be added in the next update of the cheat database which should be in a short while as well as posted below for those who can't wait. For those with flashcards or emulators that don't support Action Replay cheats, you can use DSATM (Search GBAtemp for it) to patch the game with the cheat so its always on.

Now before I get to the actual cheat, I please ask you that if you do distribute this cheat to others and other sites that you pass along where you found it here at GBAtemp out of respect for all the people who put time and effort into it. A special thanks to Gelu who was the first person to bring the protection routine to my attention and where the very first cheat was based on. Also a special thanks to the GBAtemp Cheat Code Crew for all their hardwork and dedication, because without those like Normmatt, elixerdreams, SignZ, MrFatso, fa-demion, Curley and all the others, none of this would be possible!. Now with that out of the way, enjoy my fellow cheaters!

Here is the cheat:
Code:
Game Id: CLJJ 607C83B9

Protection Bypass Cheat
02047C50 E3A00000
02047C54 E12FFF1E
02047FB8 E3A00000
02047FBC E12FFF1E
02004DB0 E12FFF1E 
020480BC E3A00000 
52089C30 E92D4007 
02089C30 E12FFF1E 
D0000000 00000000

If you are impatient and need help on how to add these cheats yourself to a cheat database, please see Curely's very informative Cheat Code Editor guide here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=findpost&pid=1278822

-----
The official Nintendo DS cheat hacking and support channel found at #NDSCheats on irc.gbatemp.net:5190

Edit:
Updated the code folks! It should work now and bypass all the protection checks in the game, including the ones at start up and the first battle!

Narin said:
On the R4, use YSMenu. On the M3 Real or iTouchDS (And other M3 created carts excluding the M3 Simply) you need to patch the game using DSATM. For help on using DSATM and the right settings for the game, please refer to the official DSATM topi or contact cracker. The cheat has been confirmed working on the DSTT and AceKard (With AKAIO, though it may work on the offficial loader) as well as the Supercard.

If you still have problems, try reformatting your card with the Panasonic SD Formatter or starting a new game and use the code from the beginning.

Oh and I updated the cheat database with the piracy check bypass cheat as well as a ton of other cheats for the game! You can get them at http://cheats.gbatemp.net

DSATM:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=80540

YSMenu (Via R4YSauto):
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=103879

EDIT: Mario and Luigi RPG 3 - Patch

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4837

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
you have did it again
smile.gif

GOD?

Sukecchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soma Cruz said:
are translators going to translate the game? or is the english game out soon?

Posts merged

are translators going to translate the game? or is the english game out soon?

I added the code...but the screen goes white at start up...guess I'll just have to wait until the update.
Is the piracy point when you get into battle? The game was working fine and then a battle started and it froze.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
I get white screen using this code. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Could you post a already-made cheat database?

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Crosspost from the actual game topic;

No ones actually reported a freeze yet and from my (admittedly short) testing it doesnt actually seem to have a problem. Save works fine on emulator and various carts, it only doesn't work on bad carts like EZV. However if there is infact a problem here is the real cheat code since Narins has a mistake:

02047C50 E3A00000
02047C54 E12FFF1E
02047FB8 E3A00000
02047FBC E12FFF1E

As i say you might not even need this. I don't think anyones played through the game enough to see if there is infact a problem.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Updated the first post again, sorry folks. Thats what I get for trying to hack a game when I haven't slepted in over a day. x.x The code works now.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Did it? Well use that code i said and try again. I didnt even play up to battle because i assumed if there was a check it would be at Save

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
iNFiNiTY said:
Did it? Well use that code i said and try again. I didnt even play up to battle because i assumed if there was a check it would be at Save
White Screen. If you could make a cheat database for us...I'm noob at this
moogle.gif

Also, it may be a problem that I am playing on R4
smileipb2.png

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
elixirdream said:
Well.. i was having endless battle with bowser on the tutorial
smile.gif

hahahahha