Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
News about the Conduit and Animales de la Muerte:
- The official release date is set for June 9th
- there is no lan multiplayer. High Voltage had it working, but Nintendo wouldn’t allow it
- no split-screen multiplayer, but it was heavily hinted that this is possible if a sequel comes around
- Animales de la Muerte is too big for WiiWare, so it will be release via retail disc instead

That sucks about no split screen multiplayer. I think that could have added so much more replay value. So if you want that split screen go out and but every copy of the game to ensure a sequel. It also sucks to hear about Animales. Theres no way in hell that game will make as many sales via retail then online download.
Source

skroooagh

Trophies
XP
Country
Wait, Nintendo made them TAKE OUT LAN play? WHY? Mario Kart for Gamecube had LAN play so they can't hate it too much...

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Split screen even with a graphics drop would have been fine.
LAN was a good idea, they shoulda kept it.
Tunneling could have been done to help Nintendo's server receive less bandwidth but eh, their loss.
The Conduit would have been a dream with co-op, guess thats out the window by now.

Animale wouldn't do too bad retail at a budget price.
Though the size issue would have not been a problem if we had a harddrive solution.
Oh well, hackers will find a way to re-out the NAND chip or something crazy like that eventually anyway.
I may consider buying the game though if it has good reviews.

For now The Conduit will rock everyone's socks off anyway.
They better have a sequel, and it better be a dang Halo killer I tells ya I tells ya!

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No, local multiplayer? That sucks!
C'mon, why not?
Some FPS's have done this already on the Wii, I'm sure this game can do it to.

Please sell well Conduit, I really want splitscreen multiplayer
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Though I like what I've seen from Animales de la Muerte, and knew it may get retail instead I still think its not a retail worthy game. Well ok it deserves it more than most of the sludge the Wii gets but perhaps they could add the rest of HV WiiWare games onto it.

They should wait until Nintendo releases that magical SD card solution.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo is being gay right now because they know if The Conduit comes out with a LAN multiplayer mode; then other game company's will do that also. The Conduit should be changed for what it is, it should stay the same; I don't know why Nintendo isn't allowing a breakthrough for the Wii to happen. If Nintendo doesn't allow this to happen then it only shows why third party games get the freakin' shaft while first party games; mostly Mario, get the whole category of accessories.

Nintendo stop being a douche and make me a StarFox flight multiplayer game for the Wii!

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I think the game is using to much of the hardware to have splitscreen. 2 screens with those graphics would kill the frame rate. LAN would be cool, but I don't see much use to it today, with high speed Internet.. and it's good to see an official date! Can't wait for June
smile.gif

I was really excited about Animales on WiiWare, but the way it was, I don't see it as retail.. they'll have to add a lot more to the game to be worth that.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
No, local multiplayer? That sucks!
C'mon, why not?
Some FPS's have done this already on the Wii, I'm sure this game can do it to.

Please sell well Conduit, I really want splitscreen multiplayer
tongue.gif
The only FPS Wii game I recall that had split screen multiplayer was Red Steel and from what I heard the multiplayer was ass. I never played the multiplayer so I cant say much else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.