Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Youtube now optimised for Wii
PS3, too.
youtube.png

Youtube has recently launched a new service called "Youtube TV", which as you can probably decipher, is Youtube formatted for the TV. The service, currently in beta, offers some of the basic features you can currently get on Youtube for PC, such as searching, playing videos, latest videos and accessing your own account.

The site offers larger text and buttons, as well as a much more accessible interface for use with video game controllers. Unfortunately, the site is only fully viewable via the PS3 and Wii, as even changing the user agent does not offer the full experience.

After personally using this service for the first time two nights ago, I was very impressed with the speed and the fluidity of the interface, and makes watching youtube videos on the TV a pleasurable experience.

Youtube TV
Joystiq
Discuss

Gumble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was using this 2 nights ago and it was slow as hell. Switched to the regular youtube page and it seemed to fix my issues.
On the new TV version the videos wouldn't load and I would just wait at those spinning loading images.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Great the internet giant just made the final fall; now we just have to wait for all the other channels on TV to go 'bye-bye'

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
Great the internet giant just made the final fall; now we just have to wait for all the other channels on TV to go 'bye-bye'
It doesn't actually take over a channel on your TV. It just makes it faster for console web browsers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: +1