Hacking AnyRgnChngr1.1b mod05 (some bug fixed & ENHANCED region free)

QLeap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've posted AnyRegion Changer 1.1b mod04 yesterday.
(http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=127119)

There was some bug on sd reading, so I fixed in this release.
And some modchip like old Wiikey1 caused Wii disc region free not working correctly. So I've added enhanced disc region free feature.

Hopefully, this would be the last mod for the time being!

Enjoy it.

================================================

AnyRegion changer v1.1b mod05
by QLeap

Speacial Note by QLeap:

0. Differences from mod04
a. Fixed some minor bugs.
When you install SysMenu 3.3K over 3.3K, it coudn't mount sd card correctly. Now it's fixed.
b. Enhanced Region Free of Wii Discs
Some modchips caused full region free of Wii discs. Now it's fixed.

1. Additional Features of v1.1b mod05
a. Install patched IOS37 as IOS30 instead of original IOS30 for Korean Disc Key support.
Because current SysMenu 3.2 cannot support Korean Disc because of no Korean Key in non-Korean Wiis. So non-Korean Wiis with modchip lock up when you put Korean Discs without this patching.
b. Install patched SystemMenu option (appears only when you install SystemMenu again. patchmii-core used)
* Full & Enhanced Wii Disc Region Free -- no modchip re-setting required
* Full NGC Disc Region Free (even in Korean SystemMenu) -- no modchip re-setting required
* Full Channel Region Free
* Enabled Starfall RescueMode:
Put your NGC pad into port 1, holding 'Y' button when your Wii booting, then you can get in Recovery Mode easily.

* Always AUTOBOOT wii discs in recovery mode
c. You can change your SystemMenu to Korean. (3.3K)
* If you want this feature, you should find following files, or you should make by your selves:
cIOS40-64-v2321.wad (sha1: 344e2a72d3c078ba90eb0e59f6dddc0cbe56ebc7)
cIOS41-64-v2320.wad (sha1: 2e9cf69e8bfefc288d68f86b4e705e23ea189943)
cIOS43-64-v2320.wad (sha1: 3f1059e066d9be7fddff0a22fd1f74d3b528e6d3)
cIOS45-64-v2320.wad (sha1: aaff0e0a36a6ddf0fa1ca0ce6b1f6b9a7f94a219)
either RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v326.patched.wad (sha1: 10af62e9920f61e86dfdcd3c4d462a763c651313)
or RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v326.wad (sha1: 728841100ddd7b3856f2dba7201a4b50bf6cc095)
* then put above files in 'wad' directory of your sd card.
* If you want make the Wads above by your selves, you have to learn how to extract apps from Korean Wii, because you can get the IOS40s and SystemMenu v326 from Korean Wii.
* Also you should know how to patch IOS40s, because if you don't have non-Korean Wii, this cannot support Korean Common Key. But all clue how to patch these is in my source code. (hash-check patch and Korean common-key enabling patch etc..)
* Patching SystemMenu v326 same. you can find how to patch it from my source code as well.

2. How to prevent Brick your Wii?
a. Don't set language Korean or Any Chinese in non-Korean SystemMenu. I made you cannot choose this option in non-Korean Wii though, but you should be careful.
b. NEVER SET 'KOREA' game region in non-Korean Wii. this will cause no Disc lanuching. also this option cannot be selected in non-Korean Wii anyway, but you have to be careful.
Because I enabled all disc region free patch in your SystemMenu, you don't need to change this game region. Just leave it as used to be.

Download source and dol file: AnyRegion_Changer_1.1b_mod05a.source_and_dol.zip (No wads included in this zip file)
(Currently AnyRegion_Changer 1.1b mod05a version. link above is mod05a version, that fixed minor bug again. download again, if you've already downloaded. Korean wads are same with mod05. so you don't need to find new WAD if you already have mod05 korean wads)

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the update! It sounds good, and i'm happy about the brick protection.

I'll give it a run later.

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
QLeap,
Would it be possible that you modify it to start the recovery mode by keeping the button RESET down or something like that cause I haven't got a GC controller and my parents won't let me buy one

Thanks in advance
c0mputeRb0y

hai_haifa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
just to understand!!

i have jap wii with D2CKEY, and i dont want to open it and change the jumper to USA.
Can i use your software and then i will not have any problem with the D2CKEY?

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks region free now!!!!

can you add 001 support?

QLeap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hai_haifa said:
just to understand!!

i have jap wii with D2CKEY, and i dont want to open it and change the jumper to USA.
It should work without chaninging jumper switch. As far as I know, Wiikey1, Wiikey2, D2Sun, D2Pro worked without chaning modchip configuration.

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
QLeap said:
hai_haifa said:
just to understand!!

It should work without chaninging jumper switch. As far as I know, Wiikey1, Wiikey2, D2Sun, D2Pro worked without chaning modchip configuration.

Same concern as hai_haifa...

I have a jap wii with D2CKey installed BUT will LOVE to have my entire system in English.
AnyRegionChanger does this but i heard the previous version will require me to unscrew my wii and mess with the jumper.

I hope this will eliminate that step and allow me to just change it just by using AnyRegionChanger...

Don

QLeap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
donchen said:
QLeap said:
hai_haifa said:
just to understand!!

I have a jap wii with D2CKey installed BUT will LOVE to have my entire system in English.
AnyRegionChanger does this but i heard the previous version will require me to unscrew my wii and mess with the jumper.

I hope this will eliminate that step and allow me to just change it just by using AnyRegionChanger...

Don

Yes, that's what ENHANCED REGION FREE MEANS. no reconfig of modchip required.

hai_haifa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
wiikey 1 and wiikey 2 dont have jumper so no problem with them.

if it can be used without changing jumper so it is great....

nysid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
QLeap said:
donchen said:
QLeap said:
hai_haifa said:
just to understand!!

Don

Yes, that's what ENHANCED REGION FREE MEANS. no reconfig of modchip required.
yes, it works.
i already try on Wii JP 3.3J with D2cPro.
dont have to change the modchip region, installed system menu 3.2U

but the bad thing is, coz the system menu is already patch, now when i insert like NFSU, it didn't ask for firmware update and the game can't play, coz the ios needed for the game is not install.
the solution is to install the ios by wad manager.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Sorry, but I think I don't get it realy...hope someone can help me...

QUOTE said:
* Full & Enhanced Wii Disc Region Free -- no modchip re-setting required
* Full NGC Disc Region Free (even in Korean SystemMenu) -- no modchip re-setting required
* Full Channel Region Free
* Enabled Starfall RescueMode:
Put your NGC pad into port 1, holding 'Y' button when your Wii booting, then you can get in Recovery Mode easily.

These are basicly the Features of Starfall. If I'm already on 3.2, and want my Wii Starfalled, I don't need your App, right?

If I understood right, this App is the following:

QUOTEAn AnyRegionChanger mod with integrated Starfall and Korean support, so you can downgrade from 3.3 and install the Starfall-Features in one Step

Is this right?

squaresoft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I got a modded japanese wii and changed to english wii with an older anyregionchanger and found that no games are working now I guess it's my mod that is acting up. no games seem to be working. I am not too sure if I broke my mod?

i have no intention about installing korean system menu but I would like to ask if there is a possibility if i do install it, it would somehow 'fix' this issue of mine? or do you think i have another problem? thanks for your time...

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
older version of ARC requires you to mess with the jumper on the modchip.

This latest version by Qleap enchanced and it does NOT required you to mess with any jumper on the modchip.

Maybe you changed your region using the older version hence requires you to mess with the jumper.

Solution will be:
Use the older version that you used before and change it back to the original settings (Jap wii). Try your backups again to see if its working. (It should)

Then downloaded this latest one on the first post of this thread and change it the region to the US region again.

Posts merged

ashimonovits said:
Just tried mod05a to change me 3.2E PAL wii to use USA but got error -1017 and the settings weren't saved...

Any help?

You sure you go your settings right? There is a part where you need to PRESS TO SAVE the settings...

I successfully changed my 3.2J (Jap wii) to 3.2U....

So i am sure it works...

squaresoft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, thanks for the solution it worked. But not completely. When my wii was japanese my games couldn't work but could appear upper left... when i converted to english, nothing could show at the upper left channel...

after this solution, i managed to get it into english and the games could show up at the channel but can't run. When I tried to start the game, it's just black screen. I have installed IOS 38,53 and 55 and cIOS 37 (via wifi)... what else do I need?

Thanks...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr