Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
Yohanes released the first version of "WiiApple" emulator Apple for the wii based on AppleWin / LinApple.
A USB keyboard is required to use and run the emulator.

I just learned about developing applications on Wii 3 days ago. I was wondering what application should I make, and I noticed that there was no Apple II emulator for Wii yet. Apple II/e was my first computer, so I thought it will be fun to be able to emulate it on my Wii. AppleWin is a good Apple emulator, but it is very windows specific, fortunately someone already ported it to Linux using SDL, and the name is LinApple.

Someone already made an early SDL port to Wii, but it is missing threading support (which is needed by the emulator). After reading things at wiibrew.org and devkitpro.org, I decided to complete the threading part. The next problem is the input. I want to be able to write BASIC applications, so I decided that the SDL port must support keyboard input, someone already made LibWiikeyboard, so I can just plug it in SDL (actually this is a hack, to correctly handle SDL requirements, there are some things that needs to be changed, in LibWiikeyboard and in the SDL gamecube implementation).

Next part is the porting process itself. The difficult part is making sure all the endiannes conversion of 6502 (Apple II CPU) to Wii’s PowerPC is done correctly, because I don’t have a USB gecko to debug it. Currently the port works, but don’t expect too much from this first release. I can already play some games, but I haven’t tested many other things.

WiiAppleIcon.png

Press:
* F1 for help
* F2 to start emulation (restart apple II)
* F3/F4 to change disk image
* F9 to change color scheme
* F10 to exit emulation (or use the home button on Wiimote)

DOWNLOAD

cucukshow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Bladexdsl said:
whats the point of emulating a mac on the wii?

whats is the point in replyin to a thread about somthing yous dont see the point in???

hehe
salamatsys !
:-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?