Hacking can you recover from a banner brick or wad brick?

kisamesama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first what is banner or wad brick? second... i have 3.3u... can i recover from these bricks if i get them?

i was looking at the downgrading guide but i don't have an internet connection on my wii... so i can't use cios downgrader right?

read there are different types of 3.3u?? how do i know what 3.3 i have?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
search the forum, all info is been posted multiple times, you will need a modchip if you get a banner brick on 3.3, also do you have th TP Hack, if NOT and you've banner bricked, say GOODBYE to that particular wii and throw it in the river....

also get yourself a dam internet connection...or downgrade to 3.2 at your mates, get your files together read on a SD and your set, search again!

kisamesama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
search the forum, all info is been posted multiple times, you will need a modchip if you get a banner brick on 3.3, also do you have th TP Hack, if NOT and you've banner bricked, say GOODBYE to that particular wii and throw it in the river....

also get yourself a dam internet connection...or downgrade to 3.2 at your mates, get your files together read on a SD and your set, search again!

TP Hack is the zelda savegame right? i used it to install homebrew channel... so i have TP hack i guess

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The starfall autoboot option helps too to recover at least from some bricks, as you can autoboot zelda with it. You have to prepare this before your wii is bricked.

kisamesama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
computerboy said:
Yes TP hack is the Zelda save

so if i have the zelda save game hack on my wii.. then that means that i have the tp hack right? (no need to do installation whatsoever right? just run the save game and move Link Backward(i have used the savegame provided in the softmodding for dummies package.. which when i run gives me a black screen asking to install the homebrew channel))? If i understand properly, then if i get a brick.. i need to get a modchip and have it autoboot zelda and that's it?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kisamesama said:
computerboy said:

so if i have the zelda save game hack on my wii.. then that means that i have the tp hack right? (no need to do installation whatsoever right? just run the save game and move Link Backward(i have used the savegame provided in the softmodding for dummies package.. which when i run gives me a black screen asking to install the homebrew channel))? If i understand properly, then if i get a brick.. i need to get a modchip and have it autoboot zelda and that's it?

As i said before, starfall could help too.

kisamesama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
kisamesama said:
computerboy said:

As i said before, starfall could help too.

but starfall works on 3.2 only isn't it? i have 3.3 and can't downgrade cuz i dun have an internet connection on my wii

Kramzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
kisamesama said:
computerboy said:

if u do have the twilight hack, modchip, autoboot of zelda and wad manager then you are good

kisamesama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kramzy said:
kisamesama said:
computerboy said:

if u do have the twilight hack, modchip, autoboot of zelda and wad manager then you are good

ok from what i read here and other threads..that means that if i have tp hack savegame and 3.3u, if i get a brick... i can just add a modchip(with autoboot feature like wiikey 2) and i will be able to recover... thx
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.