Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Click here if you use an R4 or clone
Click here if you use an DSTT/TTDS?

Hello everyone,

When I found out about YSMenu, I loved it, so I tried to get it running on my AceKard 2, N5 and R4 immediately. Unfortunately, the process was quite complicated, and I realised that not many people wanted to try it because of the complexity.

The easiest solution was, of course, to make a zipfile with YSMenu and all the necessary files in it, but Yasu, the creator of YSMenu, does not like this. The only other option was to make a little program which could make this zipfile with nothing more than the YSMenu download from Yasu and some external tools.

After developing a batchfile for almost a month, I feel it's ready for release on GBAtemp.

Click here for the download of AK2YSauto
Click here for the download of the AK2YSauto configuration utility (coming soon)

I realize that this is not some kind of mayor breakthrough or anything like it, but I feel it can really help a lot of people who are trying to use YSMenu.

So, how to use it? Just download the zipfile (click on the link above) and extract all files in an empty directory. Now, visit Yasu's website and download the file YSMenu0805222222YSMenu0809132222.zip. Copy it to the same directory you just extracted AK2YSauto in. There's no need to unzip it! Now start AK2.bat, follow the instructions and the program will generate ak2_custom_release.zip!

More information for Dutch users: http://www.ndss.nl/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5990

Current features:
  • Uses YSMenu0809132222.zip to automatically generate a zip-file with all necessary files to run YSMenu on the AceKard 2
  • Dutch and English language option
  • Includes the necessary files from the newest AceKard 2 software
  • Can use another version of the AK2 software
    • When another version is present in the directory AK2 it will be used
  • Minimal number of files in the root; almost everything is in the YSMenu directory
  • Homebrew support
  • Skin support
    • Automatically checks if all files are present
    • Includes standard skin
    • Can use R4 skins directly; simply extract the files to the skin directory and AK2YSauto will use it!
    • Optional use of gbaframe.bmp
  • Includes configuration file
    • Includes Japanese, English, French and Dutch translation!
  • Works without AceKard 2 software
  • Includes up-to-date cheat database
  • Support for configuration file in combination with ak2config.bat
    • Choose the options without really making any changes
    • Run AK2YSauto without any user interaction after making a configuration file
  • Yasu
    • YSMenu
  • AceKard Team
    • AceKard 2 software
  • R4 Team
    • R4 skin
  • Igor Pavlov
    • 7-Zip
  • chism
    • DLDI
  • http://supercard-france.info
    • French translation of YSMenu
  • Celesto
    • Hosting
  • Narin
    • Cheat database
  • maxim
    • Testing
Changelog:
(October 21 2008)
  • Support for the new YSMenu0810211800.zip
    • Support for previous versions has been removed
  • Cheat database update
(September 14 2008)
  • Support for the new YSMenu0809132222.zip
    • Support for previous versions has been removed
  • When YSMenu0809132222.zip is not found temporary files will still be deleted
(September 13 2008)
  • Support for configuration file in combination with ak2config.bat
    • Choose the options without really making any changes
    • Run AK2YSauto without any user interaction after making a configuration file
  • Cheat database update
  • Feature list cleaned up
  • Bug which changed the language of AK2YSauto fixed
  • Little changes
(September 5 2008)
  • English language option
  • Skin support
    • Automatically checks if all files are present
    • Includes standard skin
    • Can use R4 skins directly; simply extract the files to the skin directory and AK2YSauto will use it!
    • Optional use of gbaframe.bmp
  • Cheat database update
(August 23 2008)
  • Includes configuration file now includes a Japanese, English, French and Dutch translation!
  • Lots of little changes
(August 12 2008)
  • Some bugs were fixed
(August 12 2008)
  • First release, based on R4YSauto

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uh, OK...

I thought it was fairly simple to use on the AK2, but apparently not
happy.gif

More importantly, YSmenu is pretty outdated - by the official firware, or even better, AKAIO.
wink.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Joey90 said:
Uh, OK...

I thought it was fairly simple to use on the AK2, but apparently not
happy.gif

Yeah, it is pretty simple. However, if you're a newbie or just don't want to waste time, this might be a better option. To be honest, I would've never developed it if I wasn't making R4YSauto already (it's the same software with a few modifications).

QUOTE(Joey90 @ Sep 6 2008, 11:18 AM) More importantly, YSmenu is pretty outdated - by the official firware, or even better, AKAIO.
wink.gif
Yes, I agree. Still, YSMenu is a nice developement, and it's nice to have it as an option. But I use AKAIO myself as well
rolleyes.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
PharaohsVizier said:
This is a pretty good idea
smile.gif
Would you mind doing the same thing so it'll work on DSTT and R4 too? (not sure what the difference is...)
The R4 version (R4YSauto) is available here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=103879

YSMenu should run on the DSTT and SuperCard DS ONE too. I don't have either of them though, so I can't test it. If you have a DSTT and/or SuperCard DS ONE and are willing to test, please contact me via PM and I'll make a DSTT-/SCDS1-version too. Of course, I'll mention you in the credits as well
smile.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have instructions for the DSTT if that would help. Here's how I set up YSMenu on the DSTT:
[*]Make sure you have the newest version of YSMenu and the latest version of the official TTMenu firmware.[*]Unzip the YSMenu archive.[*]Create a folder named "YSMenu" on your microSD drive.[*]Place a copy of "TTMENU.DAT" from the original menu into the same folder as the "ttextract.exe" program on your PC. Run "ttextract.exe" on your PC. Place the two resulting files ("ttdldi.dat" and "ttpatch.dat") into the "YSMenu" folder on your microSD card.[*](a) If you want YSMenu to be your default menu, rename "TTMENU.DAT" that is on your microSD to "TTMenu.nds", then place a copy of "YSMenu.nds" on the root (top level) of your microSD card. Make a copy of "YSMenu.nds" named "TTMENU.DAT" on the root of your card. You should now have "TTMenu.nds", "YSMenu.nds", and "TTMENU.DAT" (a copy of "YSMenu.nds") on the root of your microSD card.
(b) If you want TTMenu to be the default menu, place a copy of "YSMenu.nds" onto the root (top level) of your microSD card. Then make a copy of "TTMENU.DAT" named "TTMenu.nds" on the root of your card. You should now have "TTMENU.DAT", "YSMenu.nds", and "TTMenu.nds" (a copy of "TTMENU.DAT") on the root of your microSD card.[*]Place the skin files "YSMenu1.bmp" and "YSMenu2.bmp" into the "YSMenu" folder.[*]Edit "YSMenu.ini". Place a semi-colon in front of the line that says "LITERALS=LITERALS_JPN". Remove the semi-colon from the line that says "LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG". Save your changes to "YSMenu.ini" and place it into the "YSMenu" folder on your microSD card.
That's it. If you are using TTMenu as your default, simply run "YSMenu.nds" to get to YSMenu. Otherwise, it should launch directly into YSMenu and you can run "TTMenu.nds" to get back to TTMenu.

Note that if you don't want a separate "YSMenu" folder, you can place all of the files in the "TTMENU" folder instead, but to make it easier to install updates to one or the other menu, I recommend a separate "YSMenu" folder.

-Bri

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bri said:
I have instructions for the DSTT if that would help. Here's how I set up YSMenu on the DSTT:[*]Make sure you have the newest version of YSMenu and the latest version of the official TTMenu firmware.[*]Unzip the YSMenu archive.[*]Create a folder named "YSMenu" on your microSD drive.[*]Place a copy of "TTMENU.DAT" from the original menu into the same folder as the "ttextract.exe" program on your PC. Run "ttextract.exe" on your PC. Place the two resulting files ("ttdldi.dat" and "ttpatch.dat") into the "YSMenu" folder on your microSD card.[*](a) If you want YSMenu to be your default menu, rename "TTMENU.DAT" that is on your microSD to "TTMenu.nds", then place a copy of "YSMenu.nds" on the root (top level) of your microSD card. Make a copy of "YSMenu.nds" named "TTMENU.DAT" on the root of your card. You should now have "TTMenu.nds", "YSMenu.nds", and "TTMENU.DAT" (a copy of "YSMenu.nds") on the root of your microSD card.
(b) If you want TTMenu to be the default menu, place a copy of "YSMenu.nds" onto the root (top level) of your microSD card. Then make a copy of "TTMENU.DAT" named "TTMenu.nds" on the root of your card. You should now have "TTMENU.DAT", "YSMenu.nds", and "TTMenu.nds" (a copy of "TTMENU.DAT") on the root of your microSD card.[*]Place the skin files "YSMenu1.bmp" and "YSMenu2.bmp" into the "YSMenu" folder.[*]Edit "YSMenu.ini". Place a semi-colon in front of the line that says "LITERALS=LITERALS_JPN". Remove the semi-colon from the line that says "LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG". Save your changes to "YSMenu.ini" and place it into the "YSMenu" folder on your microSD card.That's it. If you are using TTMenu as your default, simply run "YSMenu.nds" to get to YSMenu. Otherwise, it should launch directly into YSMenu and you can run "TTMenu.nds" to get back to TTMenu.

Note that if you don't want a separate "YSMenu" folder, you can place all of the files in the "TTMENU" folder instead, but to make it easier to install updates to one or the other menu, I recommend a separate "YSMenu" folder.

-Bri
Wow, thanks a lot! Yes, this will really help, I should be able to write a new batchfile in a matter of minutes
biggrin.gif
I'm certainly going to use it
smile.gif

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
So now the AK2 supports the official AK2 loader, AKAIO and YSmenu.

Triple loaders ftw. Not sure when I'll need to use the other 2, since AKAIO does its job pretty darn well.

Thanks anyways, I'm sure it's much appreciated by me and the community

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tomy Sakazaki said:
Maikel Steneker, can I use the AK2YSauto with YSMenu0810211800.zip ? Or there is a need for a new version?
The latest version was updated for support for YSMenu0810211800.
QUOTE(13375p34k3r @ Nov 13 2008, 01:27 AM) Is the new version up yet. For some reason cheats don't seem to work with the current version on the latest YSMenu...
The new version I promised on october 21rst was released, but I don't think it solved problems with the cheat functionality... Was there some kind of error or something?

Anyway, AK2YSauto is pretty ancient compared to R4YSauto
tongue.gif
I really need to update it, but I don't get the impression anyone's using it... Is anyone interested in updates with new features comparable to R4YSauto? And what about TTYSauto, is there any interest for it?

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
Tomy Sakazaki said:
Maikel Steneker, can I use the AK2YSauto with YSMenu0810211800.zip ? Or there is a need for a new version?
The latest version was updated for support for YSMenu0810211800.
QUOTE(13375p34k3r @ Nov 13 2008, 01:27 AM) Is the new version up yet. For some reason cheats don't seem to work with the current version on the latest YSMenu...
The new version I promised on october 21rst was released, but I don't think it solved problems with the cheat functionality... Was there some kind of error or something?

Anyway, AK2YSauto is pretty ancient compared to R4YSauto
tongue.gif
I really need to update it, but I don't get the impression anyone's using it... Is anyone interested in updates with new features comparable to R4YSauto? And what about TTYSauto, is there any interest for it?

I don't see much support for AK2YSauto just because of the fact that the Acekard 2 already has such a great interface and functionality with AKAIO - I would imagine TTYSauto would be popular as well because its likely superior to the standard TTDS software.

However, this is without actually using YSmenu with the Acekard, so grain of salt and everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm telling on you