Action Replay DS Media Edition

superdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DS-action-replay-media-edition.jpg
Datel has just released a new Action replay, with games 'n music captivity. This new device can use cheats, watch movies, music, play homebrew games and has a saves manager. Could we use this to play commercial games? probably not but if you just like homebrew, play original games and want cheats for them then this is something for you. http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/Action-...__EF000642.aspx.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I sold my AR, and broke my GnM, took it apart, doesn't always work now.
It would be good, even with out SDHC support, since homebrew probably take up more that 2GB.
Certainly NOT going to get.
smile.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alex said:
It would be good, even with out SDHC support, since homebrew probably take up more that 2GB.
Music and movies do though. Actually, that's the only reason why SDHC is interesting to me. Sure, 4 GB or more seems nice, but I don't need it at all.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sephiroth said:
I wonder if their hardware is still crappy, back in the day when I had a GnM it was slow as fuck
I still do.
biggrin.gif
Never did think it was THAT slow. :S

Oh yeah, music and videos, you would need moonshell for music though, it played like shit. Videos were actually pretty good, I could watch anime subs at school and read the text.
biggrin.gif

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Also should have DLDI off the bat, or Datel are even more assholes than they already are.

You can already do everything this can with a GnM (or any flashcart) and Nitro Hax, though, so I don't see the point.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
Alex said:
Sephiroth said:
I wonder if their hardware is still crappy, back in the day when I had a GnM it was slow as fuck
I still do.
biggrin.gif
Never did think it was THAT slow. :S

Oh yeah, music and videos, you would need moonshell for music though, it played like shit. Videos were actually pretty good, I could watch anime subs at school and read the text.
biggrin.gif
Whenever I played decent quality vids on moonshell they lagged like hell, with a proper flashcart, there are no problems at all. Also, switching songs was pretty slow in moonshell on the GnM.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think you maybe forgot one of the most interesting details from that page!

QUOTE said:
And to cap it all, Action Replay DS Media Edition also offers a sizzling saves manager called DataMAX, a complete solution for backing up, restoring and exchanging your NDS game saves. DataMAX lets you save multiple times in games like Pokémon, which would otherwise let you make only one save at a time, meaning two or more people can play on the same game cart without interfering with each others’ games!

It's about time a new saves management tool was released, ever since they ditched the Action Replay Max Duo!

And the software also works on vista, the old AR software didn't.

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Minox_IX said:
RupeeClock said:
pokemongalaxy said:
this shit better be cheap, dx sells ttds for $20, and it CAN play backups
You're shitting me, it plays commercial roms?
And they're selling this in stores?
No it doesn't >.>

we could use max overload to play roms.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Isn't there some hack to make this play commercial ROMs? But even if there were, I wonder how this would compare with DS flash cards. Obviously it wouldn't have any fancy features but at least it will support cheat codes.
happy.gif

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
DeMoN said:
Isn't there some hack to make this play commercial ROMs? But even if there were, I wonder how this would compare with DS flash cards. Obviously it wouldn't have any fancy features but at least it will support cheat codes.
happy.gif

but the cheats code wont work with a rom(until someone hack it), u will need a real game to enable cheats. unlike flashcarts which can do everything(no sex ,they cant)

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkRey said:
Minox_IX said:
RupeeClock said:
pokemongalaxy said:
this shit better be cheap, dx sells ttds for $20, and it CAN play backups
You're shitting me, it plays commercial roms?
And they're selling this in stores?
No it doesn't >.>

we could use max overload to play roms.

Except that the MMD was completely different from this. The GnM couldn't play backups due to the way it was contructed; there was no way to do it without modifying the board; basically they bottlenecked the memory so that anything larger than the DS internal memory wouldn't run. It could run all those captured WiFi demos though. I'm 99.9% certain that this uses the same board as the GnM, and they just updated the firmware so it could be used as an AR as well. There will be NO chance of running commercial backups on this unless the game is less than 4 MB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded