Blah, blah, new blog. Anyway, yeah, just made a separate blog for all this writing stuff I like to do. My main blog's a bit all over the place, so I thought, having a blog for one purpose wouldn't be bad.
Anyway, gone back a bit to my horror story that was quite recently in hiatus. It's almost 70% done, more or less, though editing is a must. So far, the plan as of the moment goes like this:
1. Finish Chapters 9 - 11. I've planned those chapters out a long time ago [well, made a basic outline], so it shouldn't be a problem, even with the inevitable snags. I don't plan on them being too long, so I'd be surprised if they go beyond 7.5k words total, but you can never really tell.
2. Major overhaul of Chapter 5. Well, only 2 people have ever read this, so obviously, I can't rant about what's wrong about it here, coz none of you will get it. Basically, just need to delete the majority of the chapter, take what works, and what's absolutely essential, and rewrite it. It's kind of hard when the only reason the chapter exists in the first place is to tie the first four together with the rest of the story. Thankfully, chapters 6 onwards is where most of the stuff really falls into place, so it's not as if I'm going to need to rewrite everything else.
3. Probably have to change how some chapters start. This is just to accommodate the things I would need to take out of chapter 5. Shouldn't be a pain.
4. Write the rest. This would probably be up to the end. I think I'm gonna end up with 13-15 chapters. It'll besurprising if I don't go 60k words when it's all done. Before the next step, that is.
5. Edit the whole thing. Well, first drafts always suck, so they say. Hopefully, it won't be needing too many major cuts, or plot holes.
Apparently there's a NaNoWriMo site. So I'm thinking I should prob try that. 50k+ words in 30-31 days sounds tough, though [joke's on you if you try it on a February]. Hm...
You need to be logged in to comment