# Hurrican port for Switch
This is my Switch port of Hurrican, a freeware jump and shoot game created by Poke53280 that is based on the Turrican game series. Blast your way through nine action-packed levels filled with different enemies and powerups.
Everything needed to play is already included in the archive.
Port by @rsn8887.
Visit my Patreon:
Thanks to Poke53280 team for making such a great game, releasing the source, and making it freeware.
Thanks to the other developers such as DKS and Pickle for extending the Hurrican source and adding SDL/OpenGL-ES support and more.
Thanks to ScHlAuChi for telling me about this.
Thanks to devkitPro for making Switch homebrew possible.
Thanks to my supporters on Patreon: Andyways, CountDuckula, Jason Crawford, Greg Gibson, Jesse Harlin, Özgür Karter, Matthew Machnee, Milenko, and RadicalR.
- Download (see `assets` below), and unzip `Hurrican_switch.zip` and copy the contents over to the `/switch/` folder on your sd card, so that you have a folder `/switch/Hurrican` with many folders and files inside.
- Left analog stick = walk/duck/aim (hold up/down to look)
- Dpad = walk/duck/aim (hold up/down to look)
- Y = shoot
- B = jump
- X = hold for lightning beam (control angle with stick/dpad left/right)
- A = powerline
- R = grenade
- L = cycle weapon type
- ZR = smart bomb
# Current Limitations
- Don't try to remap buttons in the controls menu, it asks for a button press, but doesn't react to Joycon input. The only way out is to force quit the game with the home button. If you mess up preferences, just delete `/switch/Hurrican/hurrican.cfg`
- The tutorial level (if you select "Start Tutorial" instead of "Start New Game") currently crashes just after loading.
git clone https://github.com/rsn8887/hurrican
make Hurrican_switch.zip -j12
the zip file is created in the Hurrican folder, not in src.
- Change log: