Since the TC forum is still down, I would like to make a thread from TC forum come back here (called "finding the magic switch").
This is my first post on this forum, so if I break any rules, be kind and just delete this post And also sorry for my english
I have managed to modify the ievo firmware (2.3) so that it will let user switch to DSi mode from a DSL. It might be really useful for 3DS or new firware DSi that can't run the DSL mode any more to make this task.
Before doing anything, please read carefully the following instructions :
* use the nds file only to switch ievo into DSi mode and nothing else !
* when dsi mode is enable, you won't be able to use your ievo on DSL anymore, unless you switch back
* it has been tested only on a DSL and ievo bootstrap 1.1 EUR. There is high probabilty it works on US region also, but not tested.
* the region test (ievo region == dsi/3ds region) has been disable, so check your ievo region !
* use it at your own risk... (but it worked perfectly on my ievo...)
This is a ievo firmware 2.3 dump, and repack into nds file, with a very few modifications in the arm9 code (but there is still, so don't use it for something else that the switch to DSi...).
1) boot your ievo on dsl
2) launch the above nds file as an homebrew
3) As the file is a firmware, an exact display from ievo menu will appear
4) go to settings and select "boot from slot-2" (I was too lazy to change this value)
5) a message will show up saying that you are in DSi mode
6) switch off your DSL, and insert your ievo on a DSi/3DS, and that's it !
I wish this post was useful to some of you...