Welcome to the personal blog of Ryccardo
- Background color
- Background image
- Font Type
- Font Size
- An updated bootrom with new encryption keys;
- A redesigned GPU architecture* without gspwn;
- A second 1 GB nand chip (for storing extdata, photos, and voice memes) in replacement of a removable SD card;
- No cameras*;
- No networking* in any form.
I'll just leave the video description there:
Real-time speedrun of installing Arm9LoaderHax OTPlessly on a New Nintendo 3DS on 11.2.0-35E, using soundhax, homebrew launcher, fasthax, safehax and safeA9LHinstaller.
World record (due to the best of my knowledge being the first) as of the 6th of january 2017, with 2m30s.
SD card was formatted first to remove any files created by the console that might have influenced the result, and set a clear starting point.
The object of this speedrun category is to set up A9LH as fast as possible on a clean and fully updated New 3DS [XL] regardless of the actual tools used in the process.
Time measured from the initial power-on after a factory reset to the power-off done by SafeA9LHInstaller after installation.
Additionally shown are the system version and the formatting of both SD and console, plus a payload being run afterwards as proof.
Yes I did hesitate a while on the home screen, to give you a chance already to beat me
- The developers of all the software used
- The people who discovered and published the vulnerabilities
- The Nintendohacks telegram group (mainly @Wolfvak and @stijntje51 ) for encouragement, and @Issac from Gbatemp for the same reason
You know how in the DS age, the common way to refer to an European game was "(E)(M5)", where M5 meant "Multilanguage, 5 of them"?
Well, I noticed someone downloading [some software by Game Freak] from me on eMule, and he had a public shared file list, so I reeeally had to check...
He had a file named: Meteos - Disney magic (M5 and R4).nds
This console is rumored to replace the N3DS/XL series a few months after the launch of Sun/Moon, themselves rumored to be the last major games for the platform.
Cost-cutting later versions have happened to most Nintendo (and other brands') products, either just simplifying the internal design or removing more premium features.
For this reason, and to discourage piracy or other highly illegal activities such as save backups, the 3DS Mini will feature these innovations, which could not be provided as a software update to existing 3DS consoles:
* A slightly modified operating system will allow for software using these features to not crash.
A personal* project I've worked on today...
* being GPL, if anyone cares I'll upload full sources; since it's lame and anyone who can compile can do this on their own and I'm on mobile internet until next week, I won't do it if nobody wants; partial source with my changes is included anyway
* it really means I won't provide support° for any modifications, ie use with a boot manager, and don't bother Aurora/Tux either;
° maybe not even for its intended use, given I designed the configuration for my frankenfirmware
Just a splinter* of Luma3DS nightly without region free, anti-update patches, and with settings version string replaced by a force-testmenu option
* "fork" is too hyping and ambitious
You must have a "luma" folder but you must remove config.bin when switching between Luma and Puma
Oh did I say I haven't tried running it yet
This is a blog post to make people forget about it more quickly
astronautlevel likes this.