Welcome to the personal blog of JK_
- Background color
- Background image
- Font Type
- Font Size
I know this is extremely odd for me, but I've felt for a while that I should've given some sort of explanation to my users. If you don't know who I am, I am the author of JKSM, an early 3DS homebrew save manager.
I never intended to disappear and leave JKSM in the state it was in. I wanted it to support it as long as the 3DS was still alive and kicking. Around October of 2016 I began revamping the UI and rewriting the whole program. I will insert an old screenshot below. It was about a month later I started a new job. I didn't have as much free time now.
This is extremely personal, but towards the end of December I went to the doctor who noticed/asked if I was extremely depressed. Being me, I didn't want to accept any help and insisted I was fine. He was not dumb and next thing I know, I'm in a 'Behavioral Health' program. Now, I find out I have Bipolar disorder.
Life goes on. I'm feeling more stable now. Then, my good ol' faithful Buick starts showing her age. I had plans to save enough to quit, I despised the place I worked at, but needed a new car. Oh boy, another year at that place. I didn't need anything expensive. Just something that runs good, isn't falling apart, and rusted. Almost impossible to find now where I live.
So, over the whole year of 2017, I was working sometimes 6 days a week for 8 - 10 hours a day. I was exhausted and extremely irritable, I absolutely hated the place. JKSM was basically the last thing on my mind.
I still checked in once or twice a week though. To this day, I'm still amazed that something I wrote was so widely used, and for a while, the go to for 3DS save management. I've come to realize that programming kept my mind occupied, and healthy.
Beginning this month I began looking at libnx and working on getting JKSM buildable without needing 10+ libraries. Though, I'll admit I became more interested in the Switch. It may sound ridiculous, but I haven't felt this good in a while. Something about it has changed my mood completely.
I've uploaded the source to the Switch version of JKSV here: https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSV. It was mostly to test some things and get familiar with the Switch and libnx, but I decided not to hoard it and share. It's not complete, but it does work.
Now for that long buried screenshot: