A female colleague has called me doll and asked me how I was doing (on Whatsapp)Feb 26, 2021
I am confused.
To add some context female colleague (F27) is reasonably attractive and I (M30), not reasonably attractive but no longer fat. She started here a little while ago and I've helped her out on some stuff. Her calling me 'doll' unsettles me.
Not asking for any advice but figured I'd share this inane anecdote with the internet.
My Nephew has fallen into the weeaboo rabbit holeSep 7, 2020
When my Nephew was a little boy, I showed him Mario on Wii and his interest was spiked. When I got a Wii U, the boy fell in love with it and immediately hassled his parents for one. He would come to my place and want to game on some MK8 and 3D World, he even bought a copy of Splatoon and would bring it to my house to play. The little shit would, however, take it home afterwards despite not having a Wii U. Eventually he got one, which meant me and him now officially owned 50% of Wii U systems in the country. It was a shameful day for the family.
Over the years, he got into Pokemon, played a lot of the games and watched the anime. He got so into it, he had to make sure he was always up to date. This led to him watching Pokemon subtitled. He was so dedicated, he watched episodes in Spanish despite not speaking a word of the language like an anime fan in 2007 watching all of their anime on youtube. (Who remembers being able to watch parts 1 and 3 but part 2 was missing?) A few weeks ago, he was visiting and told me that he's watched so much Pokemon in Japanese that the English voices now sound weird to him. He didn't realise it, but he's now part of the Subs>Dubs club.
When he told me that, everything fell into place. He plays Dragon Quest, he despises Fortnite and CoD, he's friends with a self-described weeb. I realised that he had fallen into the weeaboo rabbit hole and his life was over. I turned to my Niece and told her that she was this family's only hope now.
In a few years, I know he will come to me and tell me "Uncle, I've fallen in love." When I ask him with who, he will introduce to the anime girl of the season, as he declares "Girl-chan is my Waifu." I will stroke my beard and tell him coldly "Your Waifu is trash."
(Wii) U have been a mistakeMar 3, 2017
I made this thread nearly three years ago where in an act of possible insanity, I purchased a Wii U.
Today I sold my Wii U and the vast majority of my games. I only have six games left and a Pro Controller which I intend to give to my Nephew tomorrow.I've never sold a console and it's entire collection before so this is unprecedented for me but I reached a point where I know I'm just not going it again. At best, my Nephew would be the sole user when he visits but he has a Wii U of his own so I thought, just get rid of it.
I generally like Nintendo games but at the end of the day, the lack of games for it completely killed it. Whilst I enjoy Mario and the like, I'm not a Nintendo diehard. My first console was made by Sega and I have been gaming on Playstation since 1998.I enjoy JRPGs, action games and the occasional AAA game. So the software was disappointing for me.
I enjoyed Mario 3D world and MK8. I adored Bayonetta which for me was the standout title for the system. Yoshi's Wooly World was decent enough. But many of the games was rather meh for me. I love the Shin Megami Tensei series but Tokyo Mirage Sessions left me feeling very dull and that's without comparing it to the interaction of Persona or captivation of traditional MegaTen. NSMB was decent at best.
Of course, there were other frustrations with the system, the Gamepad was ok was certain titles but atrocious for others. I found it appalling for fast paced action games like Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden. The average at best battery life proved to be a massive inconvenience. This isn't even taking into account the complete inability of any developer, including Nintendo, to make substantial implementation of the gamepad with the exceptions of Zombii and Nintendoland.
All of this was compounded when I built my first gaming PC recently and realized I have far too many systems. I plan to do most of my gaming on PC now. I will kee my PS4 because for me it has the best exclusives (Yakuza 0, Horizon, Gravity Rush 2, Persona 5 etc). Backed up by my Vita, New 3DS XL and GPD Win and Pi2, I have plenty. Compared to these other devices, the Wii U was just taking up space and was losing my interest more and more over time.
In the end, the Wii U has been a mistake and I wish I hadn't bought it now in hindsight. I am immensely wary of the Switch as a result and future Nintendo home consoles as a result. It's really no surpise Nintendo home consoles (bar the Wii) have been quite low sellers since the 90s.
On the bright sidem Bayo 2 was fucking awesome.
I signed up to Spotify premiumSep 13, 2015
Oh my fucking God, this is glorious.
I'm actually kicking myself for not doing this earlier.
brb listening to First Aid Kit.
Dynasty Warriors Next is shitFeb 8, 2014
Got it via PS+ and it;s shit like all other DW gaems. It's repetitive and shit.
At least it looks pretty but that alone is not enough, Cos it's shit.
Gravity RushMay 26, 2013
I beat Gravity Rush and soulsnatcher wanted to know my thoughts whilst weaville wanted to know if the gaem was good. 140 characters really isn't enough to state my thoughts so I is making this blogz.
- The visuals. I really enjoy looking at the game, it's distinctive and just lovely to look at. A lot of it has to do with my own personal love cel shaded graphics. It was really stylish which I do appreciated in my gaems because I feel stylish gaem like Persona 3 and 4 can ooze charm and personality, which I feel helps immerses the player.
- I really liked the concept. The idea of manipulating gravity is really cool and original. The only other gaem I can think of was the Mario Galaxy gaems but having the ability to just manipulate gravity was really cool and has a lot of potential with the gaemplay.
- I liked Kat as a protagonist. I was surprised at how charming I found her, she's likable and has good intentions which really comes across. In the end I found myself caring for her. She has this amazing ability but there's an element of innocence with her. She won't go down as the most fleshed out character in the world but she does have her charms.
- The use of comic book style for narrative parts. Great idea. It allows for the story to be told without taking a fucking age to do which you don't want on portable. It's similar to Peace Walker's comic book cutscenes. This is good.
- I never felt the GR was reliant on gimmicks nor did it force gimmicks on you (bar one which I will discuss). This is always a plus in light of how developers will force poorly thought out shit onto the player. The gravity slide where you press the touch screen and move the Vita to go right or left was fucking awesome. I really enjoyed the segments where you had to do that.
- The soundtrack was sufuckingperb.
- Combat is problematic. When doing gravity kick, you should be able to hit the enemy but said enemy just happens to move slightly therefore fuck you over. The movements of enemies can really make boss battle drag on and this isn't because it's hard, it's because elements of it weren't given enough thought. At the same time, it isn't broken to a point to finishing the gaem is difficult, it just makes things drag on longer than it should have. Particularly with the gravity system, you don't completely feel in control, there's learning curve there which I feel depending on how well you adapt to it will affect how much you enjoy the gaem.
- The game is repetitious. You certainly will essentially replay levels because not mush was done to provide a greater amount of variety. Even with boss battles which can become repetitious. Because combat isn't great, it's really easy to just use special attacks, avoid damage and than use special attacks again. It doesn't really rely on skill too much, just patience.
- GR was mainly free from gimmicks but I do question the logic of using swiping the touch screen to dodge. My left hand will be on the left stick to move whilst my right hand will be occupying the right sick and face buttons. How am I meant to dodge quickly and efficiently? In the end I didn't bother dodging, the game is easy.
- All the enemies use the same fucking colour scheme. I can understand the reasoning as they're meant to be the same 'race' for the lack of a better term but it is really monotonous.
- The story is shit. Alias and the Nevi are fucking Hekesville up so Kat is saving the city. Raven wants to save the Lost Tribe whilst the creators are like "DO SOMETHING KAT!"
- Characters are meh. There's nothing inherently wrong with them, it's just their appearances are infrequent and they don't really do much. Raven would be cool if she was more frequent.
So yeah, I couldn't fit this in 140 characters.
Virtue's Last RewardOct 10, 2012
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars- 3DSSep 18, 2012
I've gotten around to finishing it today and I've got to say, the game is really really good.The game isn't godly but its a really good title which I've enjoyed greatly.
I found it to be a really exciting strategy game with some sweet explosions and shit. Gameplay mechanics continually evolving with new mechanics introduced at a good pace. The campaign is rather length, I racked in around 24 hours which is the most I've spent on a 3DS game other than Tales of the Abyss. And considering I paid around
I gave my nephew my DS LiteSep 5, 2012
He's three and he likes playing on it. My old suggested I let him have it and so I asked him if he wanted to keep it and he was like "yeah!" He was pretty chuffed about it particularly as his older sister got one of those chinese Android tablets to play Angry Birds on.
Lufia Curse of the SinistralsAug 21, 2012
I saw a video of this game and thought "HEY THAT REMINDS ME OF YS!" I really like the Ys series, I think Ys Seven and OiF are excellent games. I thought, "I gotta play this." So I did.
So far, I'm an hour in and I'm really struggling. Not because the game is difficult but because the game is just making me yearn for the Ys (Ys Seven to be precise). Lufia has a Ys-esque style about it but it lacks the tight controls and the general awesomeness of Ys.
The game isn't bad in fairness and I'll give more time before I condemn it and make jokes about it. Like I do with Kingdom Hearts and MGS 3D.
Tales of the AbyssJul 30, 2012
I beat the game today and I'm really pleased to say its a very good game and I'm very glad I bought it. Gameplay was fun, story was meh, characters were good for the most part. Overall a good way to break into my 3DS. Well worth the
Rate my 3DS purchasesJul 24, 2012
Over a week has passed since I bought my 3DS and so far I've been pleased with it. Than again out of the 33:03 hours I've clocked up on it, 22:20 hours have been spent on Tales of the Abyss. Pullbox comes second at 2:23 hours. I'm not going to get all soulsnatcher fanboy shit about it but I like my 3DS. Mainly because of TotA. Ok, just because of TotA.
I've also decided to buy some 3DS gaems. I picked up OoT, Dead or Alive and Ghost Recon. Combined its costing me
2063-0328-4781Jul 18, 2012
I actually did pick one up.
I also did a little FAQ to anwser some questions to save everyone some time in asking me a question.
emigre's 3DS FAQ
I don't, I just enjoy making jokes about Nintendo and upsetting their fanboys. Mainly because I'm a huge prick.
- I thought you hated Nintendo?
Nah, that phase is just a really shit joke which some seem to take seriously.
- Aren't you meant to be a hardcore mature gamer who only plays hardcore mature games?
I fucking love cod.
- Don't you like cod?
I really like. The console itself feels pretty nice. The analog nub is very good. It really does piss over the PSP's nub from a great height. I do wish the shoulder buttons felt better, they're an improvement from my DS lite's shoulder buttons but I can't help but feel it could be better.
- Do you like your 3DS?
Cuz my 3DS is a present.
- Y no get the 3DSXL?
Two reasons. 1) I believe in black supremacy.2) I fucking love James Cosmos.
- Y get cosmos black?
Tales of the Abyss and Pullbox from the eshop.
- What games do you have for it?
Cuz I'm a huge weeaboo. Or I have a sense of humour. One of the two.
- Tales of the Abyss is a weeaboo game, so why did you buy?
Mario Land 3D and DoA after playing the Demo. I really enjoyed the DoA demo.
- What games are you interested in?
Nah, I'm bored of Mario Kart.
- No Mario Kart 7?
So far, so good. He's going along his business quickly and efficiently whilst being handsome as fuck.
- What do you think of Michael Laudrup?
- HOW MANY STREETPASS DO YOU HAVE?
It's meh. It looks good at times but mostly I play in 2D. It doesn't help 3D has hurt my eyes a bit. I wouldn't say I'm a huge 3D lover.
- Is 3D magical?
Based off the demo, yes it is.
- Is MGS 3D shit?
Yeah. Pretty much
Pretty poor. The interface really could be better. But the biggest issue for me is how pricey the eshop is.
- How shit is the eshop?
You know that 3DS game I ordered?Jul 14, 2012
It took a week from dispatchment to actually arriving to my house. Ah well, the game is meant to be pretty difficult to find and I got it for a reasonable price so I can't complain.
And guess what?
I STILL DON'T OWN A FUCKING 3DS!
I just bought a 3DS game.Jul 4, 2012
I don't even own a fucking 3DS.
Gamecube>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WiiMay 20, 2012
I came to that conclusion after my morning wank.
ToS, Wind Waker, MGS, Viewtiful Joe, Beyond Good and Evil, Metroid Prime pisses over the motion controlled spazzness of the Wii.