DS #0857: Layton Kyouju to Fushigi na Machi (Japan)

Sil3n7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not fair. Like every one in three Japanese games have Wi-Fi.
I know its honestly kind of annoying... I mean F'in picross has wifi
frown.gif

astromantic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's a pretty cool adventure game where they give you riddles to solve using the ds's touch screen. You'd probably recognize a few like make these match sticks into a different shape in only three turns or get these 3 chicks and 3 wolfs over the river but u can never leave a chick out numbered or it will be eaten.

futhamucka

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got it to work on my supercard miniSD using:

Restart: Y / Trim: Y / Faster Game Play: Y / Enable "Patch Cartridge Access" Compatibility: High

It has voice overs on the text (at the beginning at least) so localisation is probably going to be a while off
smile.gif

Tamyu

Trophies
Website
tamyu.net
XP
Country
does anyone know how to beat puzzle 5?

It`s asking you to figure out how many times the same 3 digits line up on a digital clock. You press the "answer" button at the bottom, and write your answer.

This is really NOT a game that can be played without good Japanese skills.

Deanwick

GBAtemp terror that flaps in the night!
Trophies
Website
batman.jypoly.fi
XP
Country
Finland
This is really NOT a game that can be played without good Japanese skills.

Thought so...damn! Been waiting for this really hard. Hopefully the US-version is not too far away, since this version is seemingly not
playable for those who can`t understand japanese. How does the adventure-puzzle -combination work, meaning that do the puzzles seem "out of place" or something like that? As I`m expecting this game to appeal to me like a fresh banana, I don`t want to be disappointed.
happy.gif

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
Damn! This game looks incredible!
I must admit I may be a little too old to be inclined to play this type of games, but the atmosphere, the characters, the music, the voice acting... it's all really well done.
I am, however, in need of an english translation since my Japanese only allows me to figure out a few of the puzzles...
Level5 is becoming one of the best videogame studios out there. I'm really looking forward to see more games developed by them. I'd also like to see more Cing games. Those bastards got me hooked playing Hotel Dusk.

EDIT: For those interested, it seems as if one of the wi-fi capabilities is downloading new/different puzzles to the game cart. Quite a fantastic idea if they manage to produce several of those download updates (or whatever they are called). Unfortunately, since the original cart probably has space limitations, some of those new puzzles might overwrite the old ones.

Tamyu

Trophies
Website
tamyu.net
XP
Country
To me, the puzzles don`t seem too incredibly out of place. There are places where they are, but that in itself is part of the atmosphere. People will just randomly ask you "Hey, I can`t figure this puzzle out, can you?" at tense moments and Layton will respond with confusion, saying things like "I really don`t think this is the time for that."

So while they`re sort of out of place in parts, it`s okay in it`s own way. That`s just one of the things that is strange about the town.

I`m really having fun doing the puzzles - the adventure/story is sort of secondary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, How high are you?