Zill O'll infinite plus

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Kitsu-neechan, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Kitsu-neechan
    OP

Kitsu-neechan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2015
    Finland
    It does look pretty nice, especially some models that really suffer from absolutely horrid texture work, like sera.
    here's a few takes :P

ULJM05410_00186.png

ULJM05410_00207.png ULJM05410_00206.png
    ULJM05410_00209.png ULJM05410_00208.png
    ULJM05410_00195.png ULJM05410_00194.png
    ULJM05410_00197.png ULJM05410_00196.png
    ULJM05410_00198.png ULJM05410_00199.png
    ULJM05410_00201.png ULJM05410_00200.png
    ULJM05410_00202.png ULJM05410_00203.png
    ULJM05410_00205.png ULJM05410_00204.png

as raw data, this is how much of a difference it makes.
    esther.png

Attached Files:

Shanoku and lcie nimbus like this.

2. Guren no heya kara

Guren no heya kara Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2014
    Italy
    Nice.
    If I may, I could be wrong on this, I don't know the game and so on, but, about that Grow Fighter...
    You know, since it's glowing...maybe it's Glow Fighter. Or Glowing Fighter, if there's enough space for it.
    Unless they intend the class as a fighter who is growing...but I guess not.

3. Kitsu-neechan
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2015
    Finland
    the soul names are still an old list that i pulled out from various game guides and google translate, so they will be revised once upon a time.
    you're right though, the way it's written allows it to practically be translated in either way, glow fighter or grow fighter.

for the sake of argument though, imho, both glow fighter and grow fighter make no sense at all lol.

Shanoku and flame1234 like this.
  4. riesyukira

riesyukira Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2016
    Take the "Grow" out and just keep "Fighter" instead ~ makes much more sense that way lol

5. Kitsu-neechan
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2015
    Finland
    except that when you have rune fighter, grow fighter and all kinds of other fighters, having a "fighter" would be just awkward.
    in any case, i will leave that for Tom to work on. the current menu stuff and whatnots are more or less all my google translate scribbles i simply made in order to show some progress and lure in a translator :P

Shanoku likes this.
  6. Zander1995

Zander1995 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2015
    United States
    This might be a case where you'll want to localize it in a slightly different direction in English, especially since Japanese usage of foreign words isn't always that correct.

Glowing Fighter, Shining Fighter, Shine Fighter, Gleaming Fighter, Gleam Fighter, all kinds of variations could work that work better than just plain "glow fighter"

I'm personally partial to Gleaming or Shining, but Glowing would be closest to the literal Japanese

7. Kitsu-neechan
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2015
    Finland
    You dont have to worry about the translation quality, Tom knows what he's doing, if his previous work is any indication to go by atleast :)
    the scripts could not be in better hands.

Shanoku likes this.
  8. Zander1995

Zander1995 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2015
    United States
    Ah, I didn't realize you had picked up a translator, that's good! Just saw it had some comments on it about a TL thought I'd help out if I could.

9. Kitsu-neechan
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2015
    Finland
    I picked up the best ^^
    in reality though, Tom offered his assistance by his own accord, which greatly pleases my inner perfectionism since he has a good pile of fantranslations under his belt.
    I fully trust in what he does.

In that regard though, we are doing a bit of an overhaul to rid the game from some of it's less nice things.
    For those who are familiar with the game to begin with, know that there is a number of things that exists for it in english by default, such as names of all key characters and various tidbits like this, from which some are more or less questionably translated (Er instead of Air, and names like GIRLDLAN(wut!?)) such shit will be gone and at the risk of pissing off some purists we are going to rework this to be a solid ENGLISH experience instead of something half-engrished regardless of the fact that this gibberish does actually appear on the game's official site and artbooks.

im sure people also noticed that the game's logo undervent some drastic changes on the comparison video i posted above. This is because we decided to uniform the english patch with the only officially english existing part of the zill o'll series, which is Trinity: souls of zill o'll.

as such, our localization of zill o'll infinite inherits the direction the official english translations too, and was renamed to Infinity: souls of zill o'll.

im not completely abandoning purists either though, and since the patch and the whole project as itself is relatively massive in terms of what is actually being done, the patching will be a modular process which allows the user to decide what they wish to use. Currently existing optional features are:

1) selection between the infinity (ps2/psp version) music and the original PS1 version music.
    2) button layouts between original (white buttons with black symbols) // psp style buttons (black buttons with white symbols) and ps2 type buttons (black buttons, colored symbols)
    3) menu/battle UI selection between infinity (ps2/psp) and original PS1 zill o'll
    4) title screen and logo selection between retail (zill o'll infinite plus) and our localized Infinity logo setup. (involves game cover, manual, game's main menu and save icons.)

buttons:
    buttons_zilltype.png buttons_psptype.png buttons_ps2type.png

logo:

ULJM05410_00000.png proto5_test1.png

menus: (work in progress)

ULJM05410_00186.png ULJM05410_00148.png
    item.png ULJM05410_00149.png
    skill.png ULJM05410_00150.png

10. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I want to try it cause it looks fun but a bit too scared is overwhelming. I usually don't like difficult unbalanced RPG games. Reminds me too much of Early RPG games like Breath OF fire on SNES.

11. Kitsu-neechan
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2015
    Finland
    this game is generally pretty easy as far as difficulty goes.
    though it depends on what you consider as a success or failure i guess.. the game has some 30 chars you can recruit and depending on your actions in-game you may or may not be able to find / recruit them, and even if you do, you might end up killing a whole bunch of them if you play your cards wrong. The entire idea behind zill o'll according to the team who coded it is that it is a free scenario rpg, and as such, it does it's job REALLY good being just that.
    in the psp remake alone added over 120 events/missions to the game, and that is over the already existing set of things that was present on the ps1 and ps2 versions.

Zill O'll is a whole bunch of playing to do, good luck getting all the 52 possible endings. :)

I've dreamed of playing this for 19 years now and since no one including Koei did 2 shits, I will, and it will be pretty damn well made.

Last edited by Kitsu-neechan, Jun 4, 2017
    Shanoku, Zozoel, sephurchin and 4 others like this.
  12. lcie nimbus

lcie nimbus 100th degree asskicker

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    any news on this, how are things coming along ? just curious

13. Kitsu-neechan
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2015
    Finland
    the gender variable for the text engine is almost ready, and im still working on converting more of the high-resolution textures over from ps2, it's moving.

edit: actually, it is ready, here's what it does.

(courtesy of copypasta from RHDN because im a lazy fuck.)

here's all the variables available:
    WTF - He/She - he/she - His/Hers - his/hers - His/Her - his/her - Him/Her - him/her

the "WTF" is a failsafe, in-case an incorrect tag is used, the text WTF will be printed instead of crashing the game.
    the code uses male variables as tags, with an exception for #hers# due to conflicting pronoun with his/hers his/her, in all other cases, the male variable is used as tag.

for testing:
    >> text offset = 0x328
    ORI_0009|この前みたいに、#0A#変なおじさんたちに襲われたら#0A#どうするつもりなのかしら。
    NEW_0009|test #He# - #he# - #Hers# - #hers# - #His# - #his# - #Him# - #him#

male output:
    [​IMG]

female output:
    [​IMG]

this was one of the more annoying things that had to be done in order to provide a proper translation since the gender of the player can be selected and always referring to the main character as "them" would just sound stupid.

Last edited by Kitsu-neechan, Jun 19, 2017
  14. applebin

applebin Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2017
    Singapore
    Hi Kitsu-neechan,

I am a fan of this game. If possible can you please share this english patched?. It's an amazing that's great work.

15. Kitsu-neechan
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2015
    Finland
    once it's ready, sure. but that's still a long way ahead.

Shanoku, Boricausufire and applebin like this.
  16. applebin

applebin Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2017
    Singapore
    Yes i understand that is very hard for translate all this conent to english version. If possible, could you please release a patch with translate for menu and name of character that would be great :D.

Last edited by applebin, Jun 21, 2017
  17. Boricausufire

Boricausufire Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2016
    Venezuela
    Applebin, dude you're asking a bit too much imo.

Naturally, these projects take a while to make and it's better not to saturate the good people that are involved into rushing stuff, or taking extra requests.

Patience is a tree of bitter roots but of sweet fruits.

applebin likes this.
  18. applebin

applebin Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2017
    Singapore
    I am sorry :( Ok I understand now

19. Kitsu-neechan
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2015
    Finland
    I've taken it upon myself to not share incomplete projects until they're done.
    This game is really massive in size and it's completion is not really near yet, but it's progressing really smooth so unless something horrible happens it will eventually be completed.

Nowadays i dont usually even make projects public anymore until they are nearer to being completed, but this game is an exception because i needed the publicity in order to find a translator for it.

Last edited by Kitsu-neechan, Jun 21, 2017
  20. Kitsu-neechan
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2015
    Finland

have at it folks :)