Hacking Zill O'll infinite plus

Deleted member 377734

100th degree asskicker
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nope. there's no other translator and i wont be looking for one either.
Maybe in another 10 years someone will step up to finish it.
would you be willing to hand over all the tools/scripts and all the other stuff you've done so far if someone else wanted to translate it ? I know a guy who could, but he's busy right now.

Kitsu-neechan

Coffee makes your kokoro go doki doki
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
im still working on the engine myself, and i'll sort this out somehow, but since this is now the 4th time I'm taking on this project and it seems to be doomed to hell for all eternity, Im keeping the project status as cancelled to not invoke any false hopes.

Kitsu-neechan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
we had some creative differences with the translator, which led to disbanding the whole thing. Those have been settled for now, so it's moving along.

Kitsu-neechan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
if this thing was going smoothly it would have been finished a long, long time ago....
such is life i guess, i burned enough time on this attempt that it'll get finished now, it just takes time.
this game has almost 10MB of text in it, and the hacking side is quite the clusterfuck to put it mildly.

at any rate, im more or less finished with the graphics now, just a few things need to be figured out for the few remaining images i didnt edit yet, but aside that, i fixed a pile of errors from the menus the devs left there, remade all the text graphics for the battle mode, quest text graphics, and what not pile of miscalleanous things like all the character avatars, soul graphics and god knows what else...

the text is progressing though i cant even try to estimate the percentages that are done. It should now be just a matter of time once we get some last minute tidbits programmed (since you can choose your characters gender, we had to code a function from scratch that changes the in-game text for him/her etc based on the selected gender... fun stuff x_x)

once we get the script gender variable function working as intended, i'll record some actual material out of it.

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Sorry just saw this. Me and my brother really love this game. Already played this since psx era, about decades ago. I love to see a translation for this. Even if the story is not translated, only menu and item is fine :D

Kitsu-neechan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
the project currently has all menus/items/skills/shops/whatevers translated and only thing missing is the story itself. (no idea for the progress really, its moving along.) at the moment im working on finishing up the last pieces of graphics and some asm work still remains but overall it's starting to been in pretty good shape.

Last edited by Kitsu-neechan,

Kitsu-neechan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I figured this would be a fun thing to do, so i took the ps2 version character textures and threw them in psp.
here's what the female MC looks with her texture resolution doubled (ps2 source files allow me to up to 4x.)

naturally this is 100% compatible with real hardware as per everything i do.

ULJM05410_00160.png
ULJM05410_00156.png

on the translation side, tom's slowly been working on it, and he's about to finish a project he was working on at the time he joined me on my quest to get this thing done, so hopefully once he's done with that, he'll have more time to give for zill.

Last edited by Kitsu-neechan,

Boricausufire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thank you for the update, I've been checking this thread quite frequently.
And no worries, you both take your time with this project. The important thing is that is still alive and progessing.

About the texture, I didn't know that was possible :o she looks better now.

Just curious, what is the other project that Tom is working on?

Kitsu-neechan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Tom's working on Tengai Makyou Zero translation for SNES ( http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=23162.0 ) which just recently entered betatesting and is more or less complete.

About the graphics, well, everything is possible if you know what you're doing. (the hard part was to take apart the ps2 version because that thing is HEAVILY protected.) The thing with this particular thing was that I did not expect the poor little psp to be capable of handling such an increased load on the already poorly optimized engine, but to my surprise, it did not display any form of performance issues whatsoever at doubled resolutions.

the project is indeed alive and well. Thanks for the attention =)

Kitsu-neechan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
it loads faster because it's optimized a little bit better than the vanilla.
i recorded it with icecream recorder, nothing super fancy. simply ran 2 instances of the emulator side by side with the other running the patched iso and the other running the japanese iso, since it's the same emulator, both were mapped to the same controller so they operate in synch.

Shanoku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The doubled resolution texture is just lovely and the difference quite noticeable.

Thank you Neechan and Tom :).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)