Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward Discussion Thread

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by iron_man99, Oct 9, 2012.

?

Have you played 999?

Yes 70 vote(s) 72.9%
No 26 vote(s) 27.1%
Oct 9, 2012

gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Message Count:
    Australia
    The freezes happen at random with no specific way to trigger them. From what I could gather, there wasn't a way to replicate them.

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    WARNING! Spoilers inside!

Shiro09 AAI2 Localisation Team

Message Count:
    Australia

Message Count:
    Australia
    I think you missed

Message Count:
    Australia
    I know, I already finished the Phi ending. What about my clarification doesn't make sense? I just want to know.

Message Count:
    Australia
    Anyway,

Message Count:
    Australia

Janthran Solarian

Message Count:
    United States
    Guys I just got this game I'm gonna start playing it soon

Message Count:
    Australia
    Do you understand how to get the ending?

Message Count:
    Australia
    Of course. I have every ending and have played through the whole game.

Janthran Solarian

Message Count:
    United States
    I got this game and have two endings so far.

I guess don't read those unless you've beaten the whole game, I guess.

Janthran Solarian

Message Count:
    United States
    In VLR, the reason for that is because otherwise Clover's ending is really dull for people who played 999

Daemauroa New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    totally different topic of VLR, but I thought I would post it here:

the voice-acting. I do only have the Japanese voice-acting available as I live in Europe, but which do you think is better? ( though what I've heard from gameplay video's the voice acting of the japanese version sounds more ''natural'' for characters like tenmyouji (hop-fully I will get full marks for this one, but I've probably spelled it wrong...) and Alice.
    off-topic, my favorite line thus far is the moment that zero III says : '' everybody, please redirect your attention to the results screen'''. the english version however doesn't have the same feeling in it... so I recommend if you play the US version that you check out this awesome line said by Zero III japanese...)

oh and back to the clover-topic...

a bloody ending? well, sounds strange but I am actually looking forward to it then. because so far the bad endings I had ( for not spoiling Luna bad1, Dio bad, Phi bad) they weren't that exciting, though the Luna one made me think about how could it happen that way....
    oh, and so far I got 1 to be continued (luna) dio, and the first phi bad ending ( I am not passed the lock)

another thing, there is only one tiny thing that annoys me, and that is that you can now skip text you haven't read yet. so if you get a scene that was also in another route, you have to be careful if you want to skip it...

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    ^ This is not true at ALL, it only skips stuff you have seen before, the text will automatically stop skipping and play at normal pace if one of the characters says something that you havent seen before, even if its only for one single line. I can assure you that on the european version, the game will not skip anything you havent seen before.

The reason it seems to skip some stuff in different routes is because it plays out the exsact same way, like for instance when everyone gathers in each room to discuss the game after the first puzzle rooms. You still have the same characters in those rooms for that discussion thus you dont need to hear it again. however, different characters will enter the room afterwards and it will not allow you to skip the "new" info.
    Last edited by Terenigma, Jan 5, 2013

Daemauroa New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    well thanks, I thought the game skips stuff because of that you go through a door to talk to someone else, not like it was entirely new. but thanks, then it was only my imagination.

ShadowNeko003 ~Nyah~

Message Count:
    United States
    I really want to get this game, but the glitch is stopping me from buying it. Is it as good as the previous game?

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    The glitch is said to only happen in escape rooms (puzzle rooms) and can be avoided by simply not saving during them, they dont last that long either once you work out how to do the puzzle so its really not that needed to save during them and its pretty evident when you are about to go into one, thus you can prepare a save just before.

Is the game as good as 999? In my opinion, it is much much better.

The story is MUCH better, much more interesting and the twists in this game are fantastic, the characters are all solid and the writing (as expected) is exceptional. One thing the game has improved upon majorly from the last game is the puzzles, the puzzles are often very clever and really take some thinking to solve unlike the ones in 999, which could be solved with very little effort.

The only minor complaint anyone can have imo is that its not as "gory" as 999 was, but you cant complain about that if thats not what direction the game wanted to take. It more than makes up for it in other areas tho and the ally/betray parts of the game adds a great sense of involvement into the game, the choices you make determines how the rest of the game will play out.

Long story short, its awesome, get it.

ShadowSoldier New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    Except the game is based on killing people and everyone dying and everything. And with the way 999 was and how creepy and sadistic it was, the sequel should be like that considering it's the same premise, but it isn't. Even the death scenes aren't that good as it seems like they were heavily censored. I didn't have that feeling 999 gave me where I stayed up each night because I was too freaked out.

ShadowNeko003 ~Nyah~

Message Count:
    United States
    So basically, don't save during puzzles. Ok that's not bad. Let's hope I remember that!

Ok, I'll get this game when I find it for a good price. So tempted to watch videos on youtube though....XD

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Aside from (999 spoilers)
    i didnt think there was that much that was freaky and the story is no way near as good as VLR. VLR isnt the same premise, it has a different story to tell and it tells it well, you sound like you wanted it to be exsactly the same as 999. I get that different people want different things from games but VLR never claims to the "creepy and sadistic" game that 999 was. It is focused on the story and it didnt need any gory or messed up deaths to stay interesting, it has plenty of weird twists that make you question wtf is going on and has a story that is well told from start to finish.

Even if you prefer 999 to VLR tho, they are both great games that everyone should play.