iron_man99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zero-Escape-Virtues-Last-Reward-2.jpg

Out now. But the best way to get this game is to order it from either a brick and mortar store or the internet because this game is very hard to find

If you haven't tried the first one, here is a sneak peak. Its not a rom since its on aksys's offical website
http://aksysgames.com/999/pages/demo

Also HYPED for Zero escape for 3ds. Who else is?

ALSO PLEASE DONT POST AND SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU PUT THEM INTO SPOILER TAGS. Dont want to ruin it for people who dont have the game

http://www.amazon.co...rds=zero+escape

"The PEC Room glitch(Do not save during that, only before and after. Don't save during any puzzles, actually.) kept discouraging me(just kept freezing, thankfully no save erasure), otherwise I'd probably have it completed by now" -Greatzimkogway

51dG2GtaFdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (極限脱出ADV 善人シボウデス Kyokugen Dasshutsu Adobenchā Zennin Shibō Desu?, lit. "Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die) is a visual novel developed by Chunsoft. It is a successor to the Nintendo DS title 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and is created by the same staff, including writer-director Kotaro Uchikoshi and character designer Kinu Nishimura.[4] The game contains full voice acting,[4]and is rendered in 3D models, rather than 2D sprites like its predecessor. Though the story is self-contained, it contains several references to 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors.[5]

Special OVA English

The title was officially confirmed for a late 2012 release by Aksys Games(which also published the North American version of its predecessor) in North America via Nintendo Power magazine's March 2012 issue. It will be published in the PAL region in November 2012 by Rising Star Games.[1](Borrowed from Wikipedia.org, http://en.wikipedia....27s_Last_Reward)

Zero-Escape-Virtues-Last-Reward.png

iron_man99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think you can change it between Japanese and English

edit: they probably will also have a audio switch. Don't take me on my word though

BlackAngel5

Trophies
Website
sasugasugoi.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Yaaaay!!! I was hoping someone would make this thread, since I don't have the guts to start my own ^_^. Anyways, for some reason I'm imagining it to be like other visual novels and there would be a controller in which you can adjust music/sound effects/voice. So I'm pretty sure you can turn off the voice acting if you want, obviously we won't be sure until the game comes out or someone with the japanese game tells us XD.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm just curious as to whether the voice acting is optional.
i think you can change it between Japanese and English

edit: they probably will also have a audio switch. Don't take me on my word though
From what I remember, for the US ver, it is possible to switch between the original Japanese audio and the English one. However, RSG's version will only have the Japanese audio :\

[insert yet another rant about Ninty's stupidity with their region locking]

God I am glad I got the PS Vita one though I would have preferred to play it on the 3DS. Oh well

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think the PAL Rising Star Games will only have japanese voices and not english. Oh well, jap dub is always generally better.

EDIT: Yep, go on their Facebook page and they say so.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait a sec, are you guys saying what i think you're saying? that for the UK version there will be NO english voice acting? o.O

Ok a quick google check and its aparently true. Thats complete BS, i agree with alot of people that english voice acting is sometimes awful but to get rid of it entirely? What the hell...

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't give a damn about anything apart from "It will be published in the PAL region in November 2012 by Rising Star Games."
Sweet good god! I was basically whining about there being no way for me to play it with my 3DS and boom, here it is!

Haha! Way to shed light on the situation. Yup, english audio or not, this will be a day 1 purchase!

Jarathaxe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait a sec, are you guys saying what i think you're saying? that for the UK version there will be NO english voice acting? o.O

Ok a quick google check and its aparently true. Thats complete BS, i agree with alot of people that english voice acting is sometimes awful but to get rid of it entirely? What the hell...

Actually I believe there is English voice acting. If you go to the official website http://virtueslastreward.com/ under the cast heading there are voice samples in both Japanese and English. I played the original, and loved it. I knew that this was coming out at some point, but the release snuck up on me. I thought this wasn't out till early next year.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Actually I believe there is English voice acting. If you go to the official website http://virtueslastreward.com/ under the cast heading there are voice samples in both Japanese and English. I played the original, and loved it. I knew that this was coming out at some point, but the release snuck up on me. I thought this wasn't out till early next year.
That's because that is the official site which does not take region into account. Aksys' ver does have both. RSG decided to omit it. At least at this point in time. There is a chance that they may change but I am not holding my breath tbh. Heck if you check RSG's site, there isn't even anything about VLR even until now. As I have said before, their FB page is by far better which is a surprise.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't wait to get mines. pre ordered at gamestop and found out about the pre order watches so canceled gamestop and pre ordered off amazon with watch. i hope i get the blue LED one. if i get red or green, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    also scary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Chasers and homophobia.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They're very common on social media.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ik about the phobias Im used to it but what's a chaser
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Always is online.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Pretty much.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage, stuff that they are uncomfortable about.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    blahaj will keep me safe
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    damn I forget my school blocks every video
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Right, yeah.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    dune 2 popcorn bucket
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many schools use some form of firewall or protection, to prevent certain types of content from being viewable.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, And that haha
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school blocks stuff but allows some stuff, its annoying, they legit can see our screens if they want
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. That popcorns got sand in it :(
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't blocked on the radar. Can't exactly remember the name, but I was able to watch YouTube.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it
    +1
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it +1