Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma's cast revealed, more info

zero3.jpg

Announced last year for a 3DS and PS Vita summer 2016 release by Aksys Games and series producer Kotaro Uchikoshi via a month-long teaser website, Zero Time Dilemma is the third and final entry in the Zero Escape series that will reportedly solve all mysteries left from its predecessors, 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and Virtue's Last Reward. The japanese Famitsu magazine is preparing a feature of the game to reveal it to the public and now a scan of the cast has surfaced online.

• Carlos (voiced by Tomokazu Sugita)
  • Akane (voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro)
  • Junpei (voiced by Tatsuhisa Suzuki)
  • Q (voiced by Aki Toyosaki)
  • Eric (voiced by Akira Ishida)
  • Mira (voiced by Maaya Sakamoto)
  • Diana (voiced by Mamiko Noto)
  • Phi (voiced by Chiaki Omigawa)
  • Sigma (voiced by Daisuke Ono)

Further, information from a Kotaro Uchikoshi interview suggests that Zero Time Dilemma will probably be the first 3DS game with a CERO Z rating (adults-only). Apparently this time Kotaru wasn't asked to tune down the game to get a lower age rating, instead he created the game exactly how he wanted it to be created.

Kotaru Uchikoshi said:
As the final chapter, will all mysteries be resolved?

All of the mysteries from the previous games will be solved. We're making sure that the people who play it for the first time will also enjoy it.

Are there any extreme scenes?

The 'Ultimate Choice' is a thing where one's life is put at risk. I want the player to be well-worried. Since we don't want to soften up the presentation for the sake of age regulations, we're putting out the presentation how I want it without changes. So the possibility that this is the first Z-rated game for 3DS is high. (Laughs.)

:arrow:Source

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since we don't want to soften up the presentation for the sake of age regulations, we're putting out the presentation how I want it without changes.
This was absolutely the best part of that entire interview, honestly, although I wonder how Aksys would handle things if it looked like the game was going to get something like an AO rating (highly unlikely regardless of content), or what would happen if European ratings boards refused classification (although the Vita version is region-free, at least). Glad it still seems to be on track for a summer release, anyways; given the silence right up to the moment of announcement I was worried maybe that was a little too ambitious.

Also, just because I like to brag: This took hours of refreshing to do.
1ZzuqaQ.jpg

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MY BODY IS READYYYY. Seriously tho, I am pumped for this game. I gotta replay 999 during March break next week first.

Some comments:

- Diana looks so cuteeee

- Q looks like a suspicious (Deadmaus) character

- Phi looks super smart and brainy there

- I wonder what's the deal with Mira?

- Junpei and Akane look quite different, with purple-looking hair...

- I don't know if I'm getting good vibes or bad vibes from Eric

- Daaaaamn Carlos, you're too hot for this game

- Sigma also looks drastically different

- And that creepy Zero character looks like a scary ass bird man voodoo aberration

Also, I wonder which body the mysterious entity from the end of VLR will take in ZTD... My guess is either one of the existing characters, like Junpei or Sigma maybe, or maybe the new guy Carlos.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Man I need to replay VLR to freshen up my memory. That damn plot is confusing.

Also if Risingstargames won't license the english voice-overs this time again, I'll just import it from the US.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love Zero Escape and I love plague doctor costumes. Uchikoshi, you know just what a fella wants. Now you just need to release the game away from other highly-anticipated summer releases so I don't have to choose between my babies. This summer will be fabulous.

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
WTB Speed Summary of previous two games as recap. Plz quote me, thx! ;3

Edit: Apparently I need to edit this to say I already played both of them, and I don't want to replay them, especially the first one, due to the incredibly slow text (note: don't have my original save).

Last edited by TobiasAmaranth, , Reason: People think I'm dumb when I'm smarter than them. ;)

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTB Speed Summary of previous two games as recap. Plz quote me, thx! ;3
Obviously you are not familiar with the games if you think there'd be any kind of simple summary of the mindscrew that is Zero Escape. I highly recommend binge playing the first two games a couple weeks before Zero Time Dilemma releases like I will. But... I guess I can try to give some sort of summary...
SPOILERS AHEAD!
Game 1: People get kidnapped. Forced to solve puzzles or they die. Stuff happens. People die. People use magic powers. They escape.
Game 2: People get kidnapped. Forced to solve puzzles and choose between betraying or trusting fellow kidnapees or they die. Stuff happens. People die. People use magic powers. They escape.

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So hype! Only thing I'm curious about is when the game actually takes place, as Akane & Junpei look a lot younger then they did in VLR, who knows? Possibly a nonary game that happened between 999 & VLR? (However that would mean Sigma had already played one prior to VLR). Let my mad speculation commence!

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So hype! Only thing I'm curious about is when the game actually takes place, as Akane & Junpei look a lot younger then they did in VLR, who knows? Possibly a nonary game that happened between 999 & VLR? (However that would mean Sigma had already played one prior to VLR). Let my mad speculation commence!
It takes place shortly after VLR, if I remember correctly. In VLR, Sigma's 22 (well, one of Sigma is...), and in his ZTD bio, he's still 22.

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It takes place shortly after VLR, if I remember correctly. In VLR, Sigma's 22 (well, one of Sigma is...), and in his ZTD bio, he's still 22.
The setting of ZTD is one year after the events at the Nevada test site (999).

Timeline from the Famitsu scans (heavy VLR spoiler) :

EClQYk3.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.