Zero Escape 3 has officially been announced

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I could be wrong but
that is supposed to be a jump of Sigma. Kyle was a safe jumping spot if something went wrong.

you may be correct in both cases. after all has been ages since I played 999 and VLR. but I'm still not convinced about your theory of 999.
Jumpei can't communicate with young Akane at that point(and since teen Akane is with Ace IIRC, he can't with her too). Junpei is sort of a wild card, so he can communicate with the player and young Akane(that happen when he gets trapped in the incinerator), that's why he knows the code. and there is no way in hell to young Akane to know the coffin password anyway.

Someone asked Uchikoshi if the person in
Kyle's body
is Blick Winkel and he said yes.

Blick Winkel is
the player of Ever17

About 999:

Young Akane communicates with Junpei from the beginning of her Nonary Game. This is confirmed when she says that her resonance started about 9 hours ago, when the bomb on their ship exploded.
She knows the code from Junpei. Junpei figured it out in Safe Ending, Akane learned it from him and told him the code in the true ending.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Kyle's body

Blick Winkel is
the player of Ever17

About 999:

Young Akane communicates with Junpei from the beginning of her Nonary Game. This is confirmed when she says that her resonance started about 9 hours ago, when the bomb on their ship exploded.
She knows the code from Junpei. Junpei figured it out in Safe Ending, Akane learned it from him and told him the code in the true ending.
Uchikoshi doing his stuff again. well if is word of god then there is no discussion.
and this proves that I need to replay them until I learn every dialog to be prepared for Zero Escape 3.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few more details about the game have been released.

*covers ears and eyes* Lalala I don't wanna know I want the game to be a complete surprise (other than the stuff I've read from Uchikoshi's previous Q&A). Hopefully people don't start talking about game details here like they did Persona 5 or I'll have to unsubscribe. ):

Reactions: Lycan911

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny, Japan makes a bunch of psychological thrillers and horror novels, like Chaos;Head, Saya no Uta, and the like, and they're known to be better received in the west, but a lot of the time they never make official translations (or they do but after a fan translation has already released and most of the people interested have already read it). I guess that's what happens when companies don't wanna take risks by localizing their work within a reasonable time frame.
That's changing, slowly; a handful of publishers are at least working on getting 'new' stuff licensed - take Root Double Xtend Edition's announcement, as an example. The version being ported is likely bound for a Steam release, which wouldn't have been possible beforehand as there was no prior PC release, and the publisher brought on the group who was already working on the base edition of the game (a team that's also worked on translating other games, including some of the Infinity series which Zero Escape's author wrote for; Root Double is actually a project by the director of the Infinity series). Certainly a lot of other stuff recently announced for localization - or more accurately, an official publishing of the existing translations - has been around a while, but at the very least it gets it into the public eye, and likely funnels some money back to the original producers.

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's changing, slowly; a handful of publishers are at least working on getting 'new' stuff licensed - take Root Double Xtend Edition's announcement, as an example. The version being ported is likely bound for a Steam release, which wouldn't have been possible beforehand as there was no prior PC release, and the publisher brought on the group who was already working on the base edition of the game (a team that's also worked on translating other games, including some of the Infinity series which Zero Escape's author wrote for; Root Double is actually a project by the director of the Infinity series). Certainly a lot of other stuff recently announced for localization - or more accurately, an official publishing of the existing translations - has been around a while, but at the very least it gets it into the public eye, and likely funnels some money back to the original producers.
Slowly, but surely, I know. I actually follow Lemnisca, and I thought the taking over of the translation was done by another group, not the actual developer. That's neat. I enjoyed Killer Queen, but not nearly much as I did I/O and the actual Infinity series. Here's to hoping it's a rousing success and other companies follow suit. ChäoS;Child, Steins;Gate 0, I'm looking at you two.

FireEmblemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads-up: Pre-orders for both the 3DS and Vita are live on Amazon, including the traditional limited watch edition. The versions with the watch cost the same, but the price on the watch itself generally jumps to obscene levels later on, so get your pre-orders in while you can.

EDIT: They're already out of stock, but keep checking just in case.

Last edited by FireEmblemGuy,

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads-up: Pre-orders for both the 3DS and Vita are live on Amazon, including the traditional limited watch edition. The versions with the watch cost the same, but the price on the watch itself generally jumps to obscene levels later on, so get your pre-orders in while you can.

EDIT: They're already out of stock, but keep checking just in case.
Oh gosh, tough decision... pre-order on Amazon and have to wait for it to be delivered, pre-order at Gamestop and have to wait until later that day, or buy immediately from eShop/PSN...

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Funny how I check the temp more times daily than I would like to admit and I still missed the announcement. Just found out about it this afternoon. Gahhh really annoyed at myself for not checking Amazon. I do hope they will have another wave/staggered release like with VLR.

Krazplay

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I'm glad to see so many people interested in Zero Escape =D
But we still have a long time to wait before the release :'(

Kyle's body
Blick Winkel is
the player of Ever17
I remember an interview where he commented that tweet, he's not very good writing in english, he said Ever17 and Zero Escape are two distincts universe and there is absolutely no link between the two.
When he said yes to Blick Winkel, he meant yes as Blick Winkel is in fact the player, that's all, in the Zero Escape universe the player is represented as the Morphogenetic Resonance

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad to see so many people interested in Zero Escape =D
But we still have a long time to wait before the release :'(

I remember an interview where he commented that tweet, he's not very good writing in english, he said Ever17 and Zero Escape are two distincts universe and there is absolutely no link between the two.
When he said yes to Blick Winkel, he meant yes as Blick Winkel is in fact the player, that's all, in the Zero Escape universe the player is represented as the Morphogenetic Resonance
I, and imagine osm70, assumed that
Him being Blick Winkel meant nothing more than him being the player, not necessarily the same player.
Also, I just pre-ordered for the Vita (clearer screen and possibility for PSTV). ZE3 3DS is the 6th best selling and Vita the 20th best selling game on Amazon. *wipes eye* I'm not crying... there's just some Radical-6 in my eye...

Last edited by Pedeadstrian,
Reactions: VinsCool

FireEmblemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I just pre-ordered for the Vita (clearer screen and possibility for PSTV). ZE3 3DS is the 6th best selling and Vita the 20th best selling game on Amazon. *wipes eye* I'm not crying... there's just some Radical-6 in my eye...
To be fair, it's the watch versions that're up on the list, although they were up as high as #5 and #11 respectively within the last 24 hours. Considering that the Tales of Zestiria CE was even higher than both of those I'd take it with a grain of salt - most of these preorders are attempts to secure a watch before the scalpers take them all, or just the scalpers themselves. Look at how much the 999/VLR watches by themselves go for on eBay these days.

Looks like what's happening is a wave system to help determine how many watches will be necessary - a few hundred at a time, they note the number, let another wave of orders in, helping to ensure that they don't massively misgauge the number they need. I grabbed one of each version the first night they were available, though, just in case.

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, it's the watch versions that're up on the list, although they were up as high as #5 and #11 respectively within the last 24 hours. Considering that the Tales of Zestiria CE was even higher than both of those I'd take it with a grain of salt - most of these preorders are attempts to secure a watch before the scalpers take them all, or just the scalpers themselves. Look at how much the 999/VLR watches by themselves go for on eBay these days.

Looks like what's happening is a wave system to help determine how many watches will be necessary - a few hundred at a time, they note the number, let another wave of orders in, helping to ensure that they don't massively misgauge the number they need. I grabbed one of each version the first night they were available, though, just in case.
Oh, good idea, I should pre-order the 3DS version as well in case I change my mind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!