Zelda Windwaker HD Dolphin Edition Mod

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Alex S, May 17, 2016.

?

What Features Should we add next?

Poll closed Jun 4, 2016.
  1. 60fps Hack!!

24 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Finish all Official HD texture replacement.

13 vote(s)
    29.5%
  3. Selfie Cam

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. New gameplay mechanics

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. Hookshot anything

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  6. First Person Mode Hack

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. Thunder Hawk

Thunder Hawk Firefox Master Race

Jan 21, 2013
    United States
    You need to extract it from the RAR first.

2. Alex S
    OP

Alex S Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!

May 2, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    Probably because you are not supposed to run it zipped... and your machine is prbably 32bit (x86).

3. fihn14
    This message by fihn14 has been removed from public view by Issac, Jul 4, 2017, Reason: Come with something concrete, not just name calling.
    Jul 3, 2017
  4. Spesketti
    This message by Spesketti has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Jul 19, 2017.
    Jul 18, 2017
  5. ItsBlueBlitz

ItsBlueBlitz Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2017
    United States
    How do I delete the hd mods if i wanna go back to the old look?

6. AlexIsTheGreatest

AlexIsTheGreatest Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2017
    United States
    @ItsBlueBlitz, I don't know if you'll be able to keep your save, but the easiest way would be to just use normal dolphin instead of using this project, otherwise you might try clicking on graphics in ishiiruka and under the post processing unticking both boxes, not sure if that will actually work but it's worth a shot.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Alex, thanks so much for this project. It's amazing, playing Wind Waker like I did as a kid on the gamecube, but in hd full screen with 1920x1200 is the greatest. I just have one request, and I promise I scoured every page of the thread for a solution. Would you pretty pretty please create hd gamecube icons for the game. I play it with a gamecube controller, my favorite controller of all time, and I saw in a response to someone else that you mention that you can just delete the wii buttons somewhere in the mod, but that then the game uses non hd icons. I don't want to break the hd by having it partially sd, but I'd love love love to have the icons correspond to the colors and button names on my gamecube controller, and to play the game like I remember it. Thank you so much for this work of passion, and if you really can't do it thanks anyway, but I'm sure I'm not the only one in your player base who misses the b button being red, the a button being green, and the other buttons being their respective colors and letters. Thanks again for this amazing project.

Alex S likes this.
  7. Zeek171

Zeek171 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2017
    Mexico
    Hi, first of all thanks for the amazing mod, keep up the good work .
    now then i am having severe frame drops when there is multiple enemies or when i am sailing.
    This are my specs.

-Intel I5 6300HQ 2.30GHz
    -Ram 8.00 GB
    -Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M 4GB

I am running Windows 10 x64, and have Bitdefender installed, i don't know if that can cause the frame drops.
    I already Adjusted the Internal resolution of Ishiiruka to 2x(1280x1056), and reduced the Anisotropic Filtering to X2, and Disabled Per Pixel Lighting and Phong Lighting.
    Is there any other adjustment i can make to enhance performance without compromising the graphics to much or i need a better PC or to Overclock my CPU ?

Last edited by Zeek171, Sep 11, 2017
  8. Alex S
    OP

May 2, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    There are only two things in the mod that can slow you down. The enviromental lighting and SSAO. If you need it to be faster just disable those in the graphics settings

9. Zeek171

Zeek171 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2017
    Mexico
    Hi , thanks .
    i cant find the environmental lighting setting , is it in the same window that SSAO or just in the regular Graphics Settings?

10. Alex S
    OP

May 2, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    Its the first or second graphics tab uner tesselation. You will see the option there. Just uncheck that or uncheck tesselation and itll be fine

Zeek171 likes this.