Zelda Windwaker HD Dolphin Edition Mod

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Alex S, May 17, 2016.

?

What Features Should we add next?

Poll closed Jun 4, 2016.
  1. 60fps Hack!!

24 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Finish all Official HD texture replacement.

13 vote(s)
    29.5%
  3. Selfie Cam

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. New gameplay mechanics

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. Hookshot anything

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  6. First Person Mode Hack

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. MaxAbou

MaxAbou Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2017
    United States
    so I cant play it unless I get a better computer....

Rip

is there at least an individual swift sail/ faster sailing mod I can inject into my ISO

2. glapo21

glapo21 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    United States
    @Mikemk I tried reinstalling my AMD drivers and I am still getting the same issue. Just to clarify when I said it works on reboot I mean if I do a reset on my emulator. If I reboot my PC I still get the same issue. I guess I will just keep a save file and extract it every time I want to play. Let me know if you have any other suggestions. Thank you for the help!

EDIT: I think I got it to work. I was playing with the settings and looks like disabling Per Pixel lighting got it to work. I will try playing a bit and report back if I see anything.

Last edited by glapo21, Mar 29, 2017
  3. MelonSpeedruns

MelonSpeedruns Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2015
    Canada
    Nice try Alex, but this pack is nothing but an attempt to get attention and donations. You didn't make any of the assets shown here. I'll list here what the mod contains and what is planned for it:

• Second Set Of Items to toggle from (Using DPAD Down to switch)
    • The Entire Game is Retextured in 4k
    • Hero Mode

Let's talk about Second set of Items first. It's a really good idea, and I'm glad you implemented it, but you didn't make it. Wiiztec did, as shown here: http://www.geckocodes.org/?c=GZLE01

Next, the entire game Retextured in 4k. I understand this whole project is supposed to have better textures. But aren't you just using textures from an already existing texture pack? To tell everything, the textures you see in this pack were made by Texture Artist Hypatia, who has an official download link for the pack here: http://onthegreatsea.tumblr.com/DOWNLOADS
    It's okay to use her textures, but not asking her permission, or even crediting her? You could get in trouble.

Next, Hero Mode, a really nice way to make the game harder. The code, again, was not made by you, but by Ralf, as seen here: http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2135
    Again, you didn't ask his permission, or credit him.

What i'm trying to say here, is that most, of the assets you have for this pack aren't yours. This project is more like a mashup of existing assets, not something original. The only things I think that you did are the shaders, and the thread. Beside that... None of what i've seen seem to be from you.

Next time, try to advertise your pack as a mashup, and not something where you made everything, because that's wrong. Oh, and credit people too, that helps not getting in trouble.

niuus likes this.
  4. Sonicmax123

Sonicmax123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2017
    United States
    I downloaded everything and followed the steps. But when I run the game, after the intro story of the game, everything is upside down. Is there a fix to this? The text and stuff is fine, but the video isn't.

Attached Files:

• ww.PNG
      ww.PNG
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    Last edited by Sonicmax123, Apr 30, 2017
  5. Alex S
    OP

Alex S Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!

May 2, 2016
    United States
    Hell

press shift + r

6. Alex S
    OP

May 2, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    This Literally ONLY happens when using a PAL Rom. as stated before in the important notives in the OP, THIS MOD ONLY WORKS WITH AN NTSC version of wwhdm that hads the title id of GZLE01. So get a US Copy and it will work properly.

would you mind pming me some screenshots of your issue? it sounds like you have a rare problem.

TBH i have no idea what the hell causes this issue or the one where it cant find savefiles. these two things only started happening after i made the 1.9.3 Fyra Relase where i made the whole mod portable. so im thinking all the wierd bugs have been caused by this. i will probably make 1.9.4 soon to fix all this crap after i figure out what causes it :P ALSO TESTERS FOR BUG FIXES WOULD BE APPRECIATED! PM ME IF INTERESTED :P

i believe it is caused by a code i accidentally left in for ww beta content called "transparent water" i wanted to see if i could make the water translucent instead of invisible by modifiying the values so the water would look even better :P

Also we Now have a neat little dropbox mirror in the OP for those who had issues before with downloading from google drive. :P and on a sidenote i may have just figured out what causes the black game issue! it seems to be activated by per-pixel lighting being enabled. which is very strange because it helps with the evironmental lighting, but anyone who has this issue, this is the root cause. im looking into a workaround rn atm. :P

Last edited by Alex S, May 18, 2017 - Reason: lots of edits to make this big wall of text XD
  7. Mofojoe

Mofojoe Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2017
    Canada
    Excellent Mod, keep up the good work! Made it to windfall, got my sail, just have a few gripes though.

I'm running this on an Asus zenbook with an i5-7200u Intel 620 integrated graphics with out of the box settings. I have only lowered msaa and antialising to minimum. On 1080 res. I get fps drops to 15-20 while outside, especially if there is fog, gpu load is at 100%. I can combat this by running in auto windowed with like 80% screen instead of full. I CAN run full screen inside a house or dungeon, 30fps solid, lower gpu load.

Assuming this is normal are there any settings you recommend lowering to maintain 1080 res but ease up on the gpu load so I don't have fps drops while in full screen?

8. ChocolateMalk

ChocolateMalk Newbie

Newcomer
    May 26, 2017
    United States
    When I first hop on the pirate ship, there were no ropes. Therefore, when the cutscene where the little dude crosses the first maze triggered, he fell to the floor and the game was locked. Not sure if this affects any other ropes in the game, just thought I'd mention it.

9. loopout

loopout Newbie

Newcomer
    May 26, 2017
    First of all, great work buds, I've never played WW and this mod was what pushed me to try it.

I have some slowdowns on the beginning, on the sequence when Link rescues the blonde girl from the tree. Is it usual? will this slowdowns carry on the gameplay later?

I'm playing on a 4690k not overclocked, a gtx970 and a good SSD (Samsung EVO) so I think it's not because my pc is underpowered. Any help?

EDIT: The slowdowns are pretty noticeable on the sound.

10. Alex S
    OP

May 2, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    Well for all the time this mod has been around slowdowns have been pretty wierd. the main reason ive found that slowdowns happen is tesselation in the graphic settings, the only downside to turning it off is that you lose enviromental lighting because it is dependent on that feature. you can also change the SSAO in ishiirukafx settings and lower it so that you will get better performance. but this is all you can really do if your pc just isnt fast enough.

loopout likes this.
  11. Minox

Minox I did it

Supervisor
    Aug 27, 2007
    Sweden
    @Alex S you can't report this post as harassment unless you're ready to defend yourself against the allegations made. If it's truly your original work then you should be able to prove them false.

12. Mofojoe

Mofojoe Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2017
    Canada
    yep turning down SSAO did the trick for me, from 24 - >16 (lowest)

13. Smulder

Smulder Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2017
    Belgium
    Loving the mod so far, really great work. I did however run into the rope glitch.
    I've seen a few people here mention it but noone really posted a solution (I saw someone suggest to use
    a previous version but since I then can't use my save state anymore I really only want to do that as a last resort.)

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated...

The glitch happens when you go back to the pirate ship and have to do the rope
    challenge for the second time, so there are no ropes here: http://imgur.com/a/MhDiT
    Instead they sort of glitch in and out here: http://imgur.com/a/oBuJn

Really hoping there's a fix for this!

14. Alex S
    OP

May 2, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    Honestly i never knew what the people meant until just now. those screenshots are extremely helpful. but tbh im not sure what causes this. but i will look into it and see if i can't help you out ^u^

15. Smulder

Smulder Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2017
    Belgium
    Thanks for the quick reply!

Happy I could clear it up a bit, I also just made a recording but for some reason the glitched out ropes only show up near the end of the gif even though
    they are there the whole time : http://gph.is/2r2QYc7

Hope you can figure out what causes it.

EDIT: After doing some more testing, I managed to fix it by saving in game (rather than using save states) and running back to the pirate ship. When I entered it again the ropes were in place. Odd..

Last edited by Smulder, Jun 7, 2017
  16. GHosTxShadoux

GHosTxShadoux Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2017
    United States
    I have tried 3 times now, and I still don't understand how to install this. I have downloaded dolphin, then downloaded the 1.9.3 Fyra, but after that, I cannot figure it out. I have watched both installation videos to see if I could figure it out from that, but so far no luck. :/ Please help?

I'm sorry if you've given a walkthrough already in the forum, but I cannot read through all 38 pages right now...

Thanks in advance!

17. Alex S
    OP

May 2, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    With the newest version its as easy as downloading the mod and running the included dolphin inside the mod folder. That version of dolhpin will automagically apply the mod to your iso when you run it.

18. fihn14

fihn14 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2016
    United States
    Cemu

19. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    What about it? This thread is about a GC game mod that runs on Dolphin.

Alex S and DarthDub like this.
  20. wowwhat

wowwhat Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2017
    Indonesia
    When i run the "Dolphin.exe" in fyra full release version it says,"Cannot execute "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.943\Dolphin.exe" pls help??