Zelda Windwaker HD Dolphin Edition Mod

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Alex S, May 17, 2016.

?

What Features Should we add next?

Poll closed Jun 4, 2016.
  1. 60fps Hack!!

24 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Finish all Official HD texture replacement.

13 vote(s)
    29.5%
  3. Selfie Cam

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. New gameplay mechanics

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. Hookshot anything

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  6. First Person Mode Hack

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. Samishii00

Samishii00 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2017
    France
    Lorule
    Isn't that a bit silly to suggest to update Ishiruuka version when his first sentence his about they downloaded that lastest version in question ? :P

Well as a member before i installed the patch before so i can run the 1.9.2 and 1.9.3 ( Fyra ), Fyra mod sill got me the black texture like you.

BUT, in the 1.9.2 i don't have that problem ! Bad option for me tho' 'cause the 1.9.2 give me less stable FPS on my computer whereas 1.9.3 work like a charm. When i can see shit.

Still, thank you for your mod, it's really amazing fan work and, well, i love mod and touching it so even if i can't play the mod like you and we want it's fun for me.
    Good work and good luck.

2. protonikk

protonikk Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2017
    United States
    Confirmed cause of the rope glitch issue.
    This issue lies in the latest version.
    Not the iso itself.
    I attempted a new iso source. Same issue.
    I then removed latest full version listed here, downloaded the previous full version and updated to 1.92 or the version directly before last and the ropes are no longer glitching out.
    Odd. Curious if anything else is effected.

3. herecomesthenight

herecomesthenight Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2017
    The Y axis control gets inverted when I'm aiming while using items (grappling hook, boomerang). Is there any way to fix this?

Edit: OK, I've found the AR code for it, if anyone else needs:

Normal Camera (Aim Cam)

04003C00 C0630004
    04003C04 FF401850
    04003C08 4816C9C8
    041705CC 4BE93634

Last edited by herecomesthenight, Mar 21, 2017
  4. ShroomKing

ShroomKing GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    another Planet
    thats nice work,
    but im currently having 2 issues:

-when using direct3d11 it wont render anything, i can see the start menu and stuff but everything else is black, working fine with direct3d9 tho, any way to get it running in direct3d11?

-the fps is locked to 22 when using fullscreen for some reason.

5. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    Can you please add an option to not have L and LR say ZL and ZR? I'm using an actual GameCube controller.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also, I'd like the Z button to say Z, not R

6. StrangeFascination

StrangeFascination Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2017
    Hi all,

Decided to give this a shot, as the WiiU version on CemU, while nearly perfect, has a few bugs and poopy framerate in places.

But, i have a strange pink shade to everything (as screenshot)

[​IMG]

I'm using the most recent Full release, which i've unzipped to its own folder on my desktop, to prevent interference with my existing vanilla Dolphin install.

How can I fix this? I can see ColorCorrection options, but as I know that this mod uses a lot of precise settings I don't want to go messing around too much without knowing what i'm doing.

I'm running on an Acer Aspire VN7-591G Gaming laptop with i7 and GTX 970M

Thanks

Last edited by StrangeFascination, Mar 25, 2017
  7. Mikemk

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    @StrangeFascination You're also not using the HD textures, you must've done something wrong.

8. StrangeFascination

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2017
    This is the same ISO that works fine in the normal version of Dolphin....It's the European one.

9. Mikemk

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    In that case, follow the instructions:
    You need a USA version.

Also, sorry for the late reply.

10. StrangeFascination

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2017

11. _Chaz_

_Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    After swapping out the included widescreen hack with the one available on Dolphin's Wind Waker wiki page, as well as overwriting certain textures with Hypatia's high resolution HUD images, HUD stretching is gone and Gamecube buttons are back.
    And, aside from fade outs and blacks in general being a bit wonky, it looks pretty good to me.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Only a few bugs I've noticed so far.

1. In the cutscene at the end of the Forsaken Fortress (and potentially other cutscenes), characters and cameras are in the wrong places. I assume this has something to do with the changed models mentioned in the OP. Fortunately, it doesn't break the game or anything.

2. Using the Picto Box can crash the game. I've only had it happen twice and I can't reliably recreate it, but it's something to watch out for.

3. Enabling Per Pixel Lighting prevents the sky as well as some objects from displaying. This includes the paper overlay in the pause menu.
    Here's a comparison shot (Per Pixel Lighting enabled on the bottom)
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

12. herecomesthenight

herecomesthenight Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2017
    The game lags just a little bit everytime I kill an enemy. Is there a way to fix this? It's not like it's too bad or anything, but would like to know if it's fixable, regardless of whether or not its related to the mod.

Edit: I've watched some videos. The issue appears to exist across all platforms (Gamecube, Wii U, Dolphin). I don't know why it exists.

Last edited by herecomesthenight, Mar 28, 2017
  13. glapo21

glapo21 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    United States
    Hey All,

The mod looks great and I started playing and with no issues. However, I stopped and started Ishiiruka-Dolphin and most of the textures did not load. I tried this a few times and this always happens. If I use a fresh copy of the mod everything loads fine and but if I exit the emulator and start it again the textures are missing. I have to unzip the mod again and start over to see the textures. Anyone else run into this? First screen is when I first start up the game and second screen shot is when I exit the emulator and start it up again. I made no changes to any of the settings.

Screenshots

14. Mikemk

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    What happens if you reboot instead of extracting again?

15. glapo21

glapo21 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    United States
    Thanks for the reply. If I do a reset / reboot it works fine. If I stop and start the emulation in the same session it starts having issues and I then have to delete the entire mod folder and extract it again. Just FYI i have 1.9.3 Fyra Full Release and that is it. I wonder if this is the same issue Samishii00 had above where that user just went back to the previous version.

16. Mikemk

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    @glapo21, sounds like a driver error, try reinstalling your GPU driver.

17. Drenleber

Drenleber Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2017
    United States
    Repost as Its still unsolved:

Im having a very strange issue and cant seem to find a solution. Im not sure if this is an issue with the mod or the game but I have just gotten to the second island however it is unplayable as there is an issue with the water. It is as if the water is in the wrong place. I walk on the land for a little bit but then suddenly get moved up in the air with swimming animations and am swimming across the land. Included is a photo of the issue.[​IMG]

18. Mikemk

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    One of the cheats causes that, IDK which though

19. MaxAbou

MaxAbou Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2017
    United States
    Is there any way (stable or unstable) to pack all the modified textures into a file and then modify my ISO with those so I can play it on my actual wii? My computer is too much of a potato to play this game HD and I dont have a Gamecube to USB adapter and I would really love to spare myself 15 dollars. I have a softmodded wii and I have nintendont (gamecube iso opener) so im sure it would work with that.

TL;DR: Any way (stable or unstable) to play this on my softmodded wii, I would be happy to be a lab rat/test subject if you need it

20. Alex S
    OP

Alex S Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!

May 2, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    please refer to the f.a.q. in the OP. your question was answered already