Gaming Zelda Wii U delayed to 2016

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should also be noted that in this latest update on Zelda, Aonuma specifically stated Zelda for Wii U, so any talk about them pushing the game to NX instead of Wii U should cease.

Blowing things out of proportion is what the Temp is best at it seems :unsure:

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it ironic that at E3 2011 Zelda U was a highly anticipated potential launch game for the Wii U, and at E3 2016 it'll be a highly anticipated swan song title for the Wii U.
Huh? Skyward Sword came out in 2011. Who thought that Zelda U would be a launch title one year later? Skyward Sword came out five years after Twilight Princess, which itself came out 4 years after Wind Waker. Following that trend, one could easily predict that Zelda U would likely come out in 2015 or 2016.

No wonder people are disappointed all the time when they have such unrealistic expectations.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Should also be noted that in this latest update on Zelda, Aonuma specifically stated Zelda for Wii U, so any talk about them pushing the game to NX instead of Wii U should cease.
go tell that to ign their still RAGING on there. i've lost count to how many people have fell into my flame traps there. :lol:

Reactions: VinsCool

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Huh? Skyward Sword came out in 2011. Who thought that Zelda U would be a launch title one year later? Skyward Sword came out five years after Twilight Princess, which itself came out 4 years after Wind Waker. Following that trend, one could easily predict that Zelda U would likely come out in 2015 or 2016.

No wonder people are disappointed all the time when they have such unrealistic expectations.

I'm not saying that I was one of those people who thought a Zelda was coming as a launch game, but if you remember way back, people were under the delusion that the Wii U tech demo meant another new Zelda game was coming soon. An actual game was also confirmed to be in the works in October 2011, over a year before the Wii U actually came out.

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If I were working at Nintendo in some sort of advertising/marketing capacity, and I'm not, I'd automatic add 1 year to whichever release date the developers thought was reasonable before making announcements. This way, instead of apologizing for inevitable delays, I could bring awesome news that the game is ready a few months earlier than expected. Of course, I'd still need to provide the illusion that the game was not rushed to market...
Ok, new plan. I'd take the developers reasonable release date prediction and announce the game publicly as being released around 6 months earlier than that. Then, somewhere down the line, I'd announce a fake delay, citing more time needed to make game the best in the galaxy, then apologize for this. Our dedication to creating the best possible game is visible to the public, and they really wouldn't have gotten the game until the original/"delayed" release date anyhow. We all win.
I'll submit my résumé immediately.

That's why you won't ever get that job...

So let me get this straight: Nintendo has no games, except a few cookie-cutter releases (Marios, Bayonetta, DK). No one buys the system. What would the marketing do? Announce fake delays for the only highly anticipated games for the system? Yeah that would be great for all those thinking about getting a new system: An announcement that anything worthwile to play will have to wait for years...

Nintendo are known liars. A week before the announcement of the 3DS XL, Miyamoto had said in an interview online that the original model was perfect and there would be no need for another model... Actually, for the first year and a half of the 3DS, Nintendo people repeatedly said that there would never be another model, the original was final. Let's count how many revisions of the thing Nintendo has released in 4 years... 5. And i believe we will see a New 2DS too... Of course, the reason for their lies, was because people held on buying one because they expected a 3DS "lite" and it didn't have many good games early on its lifetime. But still, this is actual proof that Nintendo people will lie with no shame in order to get sales...

If you don't believe me about their lies, google them. The articles are still online.

So no, you should never believe anything you hear from them. Nintendo is the most greedy company in the industry. Even EA is better than them at this front...

Reactions: chartube12

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before: "Zelda U will be the killer app of 2015! The Wii U is saved! We have such a great library this year!"

After: "You guys are deluding yourselves if you thought Zelda U was coming out in 2015, I mean seriously guys, what were you thinking?"

C'mon, admit your console is dead in the water and you have like one game this year.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Some-random-star-fox-memes-sonic-the-hedgehog-and-star-fox-34058874-195-259.jpg

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh and Link will no longer swing a sword with either hand.
,but swing it with his mouth?

i was just thinking nintendo said they want to get into the mobile market so maybe the NX is...a phone? makes sense since they only want to release their games on their devices. :creep:

I'll laugh if it some kind of "Xperia 3ds" and not the next home console some people are so sure about.

Nintendo are known liars. A week before the announcement of the 3DS XL, Miyamoto had said in an interview online that the original model was perfect and there would be no need for another model... Actually, for the first year and a half of the 3DS, Nintendo people repeatedly said that there would never be another model, the original was final. Let's count how many revisions of the thing Nintendo has released in 4 years... 5. And i believe we will see a New 2DS too... Of course, the reason for their lies, was because people held on buying one because they expected a 3DS "lite" and it didn't have many good games early on its lifetime. But still, this is actual proof that Nintendo people will lie with no shame in order to get sales...

If you don't believe me about their lies, google them. The articles are still online.

So no, you should never believe anything you hear from them. Nintendo is the most greedy company in the industry. Even EA is better than them at this front...
Blowing things out of proportion is what the Temp is best at it seems :unsure:

And I'm pretty sure he was talking about the slim model. In any case, it is not like any other company lied or change their mind before.

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
It will arrive on wii u as a last hoorah... but will be the release title for the NX... just like twilight.

NX will probably get the HD textures etc.

They didn't realise nything regarding gameplay... it was the realisation that NX will come out soon and it won't have any games worth having at the time... so they opted to delay... typical nintendo move if you ask me

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop with all this NX talk, please! We know absolutely NOTHING about the device except that it won't be talked about at all until next year. We don't know if it will be a home console, a handheld, or something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not saying that I was one of those people who thought a Zelda was coming as a launch game, but if you remember way back, people were under the delusion that the Wii U tech demo meant another new Zelda game was coming soon. An actual game was also confirmed to be in the works in October 2011, over a year before the Wii U actually came out.

"I would now like to present what will now be referred to as 'Exhibit A' *points to Zelda GameCube tech demo, featuring fight between Link and Ganondorf* Notice the similarities between Exhibit A and the Zelda Wii U tech demo, which will henceforth be referred to as 'Exhibit B', particularly the hype that both instilled into the fanbase at their time, and the current state of tangible release in both cases"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs