Gaming Zelda Twilight Princess - Saving when completed?

Rocco Savadgie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I had a day off yesterday and spent, no kidding, around 6 hours straight finishing the game. Overall I clocked up over 41 hours playing it (according to the save). Amazing! Enjoyed every minute of it.

But I think it might have been 47 hours... You see, I never saved once yesterday, but when I completed it, all I saw was the "The End" screen and no button presses exited or brought up the save screen. So I reset the Wii and started again just to make sure it had saved automatically at the ending - but it hadn't! All the extra heart pieces and stuff I collected before going to complete the last level were not saved and I was back to where I started that day. Oh well. Was I supposed to leave it on that ending screen for longer?

If you finished Zelda, how long did it take you?

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
Took me under 40 hours but i didnt do a lot of mini games/side quests, i just did what i needed to get me by and finish the game, i tried everything at least once though to get the whole experience, but otherwise it would easily be an 50-60 hour game for me if i tried to do it 100%, cbf with that anymore haha

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well took me at least 80 hours! I did do a lot of messing about (as you do in Zelda games) but also got through every inch of the game, throughly enjoyed it, in every game there is usually one bit that bores me to tears but didnt get that in TP.

2nd time took me about 40 odd hours but still messed about a little. When the missus goes away I might go through it properly without messing about.

serious_sean

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i finished in about 45 hours, that's with getting all the bugs and hearts, faqless.

the second time through it was about 25 hours without getting everything. i was playing quickly on purpose, though.

AeroScap

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
36.46 hours.

Collected a few bugs, did a few sidequests, got the magic suit. All in all i saved time mainly from the dungeons as the puzzles were extremely easy to figure out.

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I played for 3 or 4 hours in one day, during one of the long quest lines between dungeons - with no autosaves, and then was hit with a DRE. This was the original game, before I modded my Wii by the way. First DRE I'd ever seen.

I haven't bothered playing since then.

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
I'm always surprised to see other people's timing to finish TP. It took me only 27 hours to finish it, even thoug I did 15 hours on the jap GC version before, that I did in 7 hours on the Wii version.

wovva

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've just finished the Goron mines and I'm already at 16 hours. So judging by the times posted hjere, it will take me about 251 hours.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The game doesn't let you save when it's completed...

You just go back to the last save game before you completed the game. The story wraps up during the credits though.

What an epic game though! I clocked in at just under 40 hours IIRC.

The last battles were SO good! The fight with Ganon was ace. Fantastic game... Just felt like more effort could have been put into the story at the end though.

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It was a great game, the last battle had that great epic music and feel.
I finished at around 39 hours, and around 80% of the game done. Took me around an extra 3 or 4 hours to get 100%. This was my first 3D Zelda that I completed, so now I have to continue where I left off in OoT...

coroner4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
68 hours to finish it (complete with all the bugs, poes, hearts). I enjoyed every minute of it and I took my time. Amazing game!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end