Hacking Zelda SS: Hack Models & Textures

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
That looks good Doom. I was going to do the same thing (improve the looks of SL), but finding the right textures is a nightmare so I cba lol, maybe Ill do faron woods or something......... although thats pretty big.....

doombringer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
newtoon.png

This is a beta texture hack, because i want edit the pants, belt, boots, gauntlet too ;)
i want made a triforce tunic with triforce logo,
the download patch will be available too,

however in-game this tunic looks good. :P

Sanity's_The

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know if you guys use Riivolution, you can put these hacks on an SD card and turn them on or off, all you need to do is match the name of the folders on the SD card to the ISO directory and put the modded files in, and Riivolution will make the game load those files instead

I'd very much like to see the game re-textured to look like Twilight Princess, I'm not joking when I say the way the game looks now gives me a headache, I can't play it for more than 20 minutes at a time :( everything is too blurry

doombringer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, some color are toooo bright in some parts o.O
anyway i know riivolution but i don't know how to use it..

However i will release a new Skyloft, i'm working on a retexturing process, i want to change all the texture with new ones
it take time, but soon i will make a preview video on youtube.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
http://gbatemp.net/topic/313747-guide-replace-zelda-ss-textures-and-models/page__view__findpost__p__3984640

*whistles*

Sanity's_The

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, some color are toooo bright in some parts o.O
anyway i know riivolution but i don't know how to use it..

However i will release a new Skyloft, i'm working on a retexturing process, i want to change all the texture with new ones
it take time, but soon i will make a preview video on youtube.

Using Riivolution is easy, basically all you need is the ID of the game, like Super Smash Bros Brawl is RSBE01 or something like that, if you can tell me what it is for SS then I can make up an XML that will replace the files in the game with the ones in the SD card, I'll even test it out for you, if I run into problems I know where to contact the Riivolution team

MaxTempps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*facepalm*
Doombringer tsk tsk tsk, stop ignoring the freaking comments that progress this thread and that want to know how you were able to edit the polygons in Skyward Sword.
Is it really that hard to just post a sentence on what you did to edit the models and put them back? REALLY? So you can post useless texture hacks no one cares about but you don't have the effort to post how you edit those freaking models? You Sir need to get with times, this isnt some top sercret goverment information from the 1800s. I dont care if I get warned but this dang thread needs to move on, im sick of tallented people making great things but being butt hurt afterwards and not posting HOWWWWWWW.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*facepalm*
Doombringer tsk tsk tsk, stop ignoring the freaking comments that progress this thread and that want to know how you were able to edit the polygons in Skyward Sword.
Is it really that hard to just post a sentence on what you did to edit the models and put them back? REALLY? So you can post useless texture hacks no one cares about but you don't have the effort to post how you edit those freaking models? You Sir need to get with times, this isnt some top sercret goverment information from the 1800s. I dont care if I get warned but this dang thread needs to move on, im sick of tallented people making great things but being butt hurt afterwards and not posting HOWWWWWWW.
hm... I do not think this is the case but with that being said I would postpone it :). You know I'm thankful that he's doing this but I would really appreciate it if he made a very easy to apply hack like wiimms does with his Mario Kart Wii mods.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*facepalm*
hm... I do not think this is the case but with that being said I would postpone it :). You know I'm thankful that he's doing this but I would really appreciate it if he made a very easy to apply hack like wiimms does with his Mario Kart Wii mods.
wiimms and doombringer are not on the same level lol. wiimms writes his own tools. If he would release information now for experienced users, then release a "very easy to apply hack" later, that would be beneficial for all. Plus the hacks are already easy to apply... its a three-step process: extract, patch, replace.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Doom hasnt edited any polygons as far as Im aware, he has replaced a sword with an already made model from another game.
Everything else hes shown is just texture edits.

Errorjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doom hasnt edited any polygons as far as Im aware, he has replaced a sword with an already made model from another game.

Look at his Great Fairy Sword hack. It's the Goddess Sword with it's end polygons moved, therefor it's been edited.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country

Look at his Great Fairy Sword hack. It's the Goddess Sword with it's end polygons moved, therefor it's been edited.

Um, didnt he just replace that sword with another model? Mustve misunderstood him then.

doombringer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep i haven't replaced the sword with another one, because the model need the MOTION+ Control
and the M+ structure are inside of every link's swords (so you cant replace with other things)

anyway you can extract the sword model and with a 3D program you can edit the 3D model from "size" to "structure" like you want

Here's an example:

kataana.png

in game works 100%, every new weapon must have all the M+ structure stuff.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Which program did you use to extract the model and to what format? Which 3D app do you use? And finally, how did you import it again?

Errorjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which program did you use to extract the model and to what format? Which 3D app do you use? And finally, how did you import it again?

He used the SZS Modifier to extract the models and used 3D Studio MAX to edit them. I'm guessing he did the same thing to import it lol.

As he said, it needs the same Motion+ Structure to be able for it to be handled in-game.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*facepalm*
wiimms and doombringer are not on the same level lol. wiimms writes his own tools. If he would release information now for experienced users, then release a "very easy to apply hack" later, that would be beneficial for all. Plus the hacks are already easy to apply... its a three-step process: extract, patch, replace.
I have the faintest idea on how to do that actually; I've read in the earlier post and people not being able to get the game to load after applying patches. Still I'm no good at art :( if I was I would change that over sized bird to a giant frog LoL maybe Chester Cat hm........

Well here's for hoping; keep up the good work doom I like to see the additions. I'm not very far but I have yet to see the guy you modified to wear that cool Halloween mask :(

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country

He used the SZS Modifier to extract the models and used 3D Studio MAX to edit them. I'm guessing he did the same thing to import it lol.

As he said, it needs the same Motion+ Structure to be able for it to be handled in-game.

Thats not quite what I asked though. I asked for more precise details.
He must use some kind of trick since exporting in Modifier and then simply Import the exported file to Modifier without touching it results in a "not enough polygons" error. Oh and before you (or anyone else) asks, of course I have tried replacing the , with . ... Thats basic.

Errorjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thats not quite what I asked though. I asked for more precise details.
He must use some kind of trick since exporting in Modifier and then simply Import the exported file to Modifier without touching it results in a "not enough polygons" error. Oh and before you (or anyone else) asks, of course I have tried replacing the , with . ... Thats basic.

You should have said asked for more precise details because you asked for pretty much simple detail lol.

I'll look into it when I have the chance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse