Hacking Zelda SS: Hack Models & Textures

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been able to successfully replace back in the iso 3 days ago lol, just haven't had a way to run it to make sure it's working. I'll throw up a tutorial in a couple hours as well. Maybe we have a few different options.

EDIT: typos.

Errorjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been able to successfully replace back in the iso 3 days ago lol, just haven't had a way to run it to make sure it's working. I'll throw ip a tutorial in a couple hours as well. Maybe we have a dew different options.

Ah but theres a problem. Try to launch it in Dolphin because when the game finishes loading the triforce logo thing, the sound goes but the screen is black.

EDIT: I re-did the steps because I used a different file for the edit and it seems to load in Dolphin now, I'll try on the Wii to make sure.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
chainlink.png

Link looks like one of the three amigos.

I'm not a fan of that look.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Open SZS modifier Ver 2.5.2.0
GUIDE:
-open .brres (u want to edit)
-open texture folder
-click on 1 texture, and on the right side you will see the texture (look this image up)
-now double click on the image and a new window will pop up
-now you can export or import the texture you want (but respect width-height of the original texture!)
-then, close that window
-on szs modifier click file and then save.

Now you have the brres with your own texture. :lol:
I hope you mean this!?

DOH. I was rightclicking the file and only got the "Import/Export raw data".. Never thought of doubleclicking the image -.-
Thanks! lol

All link's item are here:

DVD root: Object/ ObjectPack.arc.LZ/ PLCompItem.arc

Unpack and you will find ALL link's weapons/tools. :P
Are all BRRES compressed with the same LZZ compression (decompress and view)

Ok thats weird. The .arc contains .brresC files, which none of my apps will read. Decompressing it with CT2 didnt help either...
SZS Explorer says its invalid data, and SZS Modifier says its incompatible... :(

edit: ok, brres editor could open the files, but that crap tends to freeze all the time.
And it also wont export the file. "object reference not set to an instance of an object" -.-

edit2: ok somehow it just started working in other apps, just forget this part lol

Btw, Appriciate your help so far :)

doombringer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyloft Editing:
skyloft.png

-
skyloftwireframe.png

Just extract the brres model with SZS modifier and get the .obj (5.47 mb)
Load 3ds MAX and open the .obj (works perfect)

The skyloft MODEL brres location is:
Dvd root: Stage/F000/F000_stg_l0.arc.LZ/rarc/F000_r00.arc/g3d/room.brres

Some skyloft Texture location are in:
Dvd root: Stage/F000/F000_stg_l0.arc.LZ/rarc/g3d/stage.brres (all the texture are for skyloft and other models)

Other model and texture for skyloft:
Dvd root: Stage/F000/F000_stg_l0.arc.LZ/oarc

New guide/help in the first post (work in progress)

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you import models back to the .arc files? I cant :/

Also, Stage/S000/xxxx is skyloft as well. Why there are 2 I have no idea, but changing textures in S000 does not affect the skyloft you start in.

doombringer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you import models back to the .arc files? I cant :/

Also, Stage/S000/xxxx is skyloft as well. Why there are 2 I have no idea, but changing textures in S000 does not affect the skyloft you start in.

for models you mean .brres? if so, yes. :D

anyway "depends" what model you replace (because some model need the right poligon with the right texture name, link's swords have M+ structure so i think cant be replaced right now, but just edited)
anyway there is a tool out there, that let you create BRRES tree from zero to what you want. :creep:

First post updated with some guide :P

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Hm, what tool is that?
And there must be something weird, cause if I export say, pl_body in szs to .obj, then import the very same file, i get "The model is too complex ..." bs... I HAVNT EVEN TOUCHED THE DAMN THING YET >:(

JHardin1112

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendofuse.com
XP
Country
United States
It exports to a .CMPR texture which you need to convert right. How do we convert to editable format and back?

It's very strange :blink:
when i click "export" (texture) SZS modifier give me: Save as type: ".png" (Not .CMPR.. umm :ninja: )

try to update szs modifier to the last update,
if dont work, i dont know what you need to do... maybe your decompression is wrong, i dont know sorry.

Never mind, I've done it! I've managed to finally decompress the .LZ, extract the texture, edit it, import it back, save it and compress it back. Works 100%. I'll make a tutorial in a little.

Please do!

doombringer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skyloft.png

Really great,
anyway are missing some models and textures.. it isn't complete. :( All stuff are split across multiple .arc archive... so hard to find.

However can be edit through 3ds max :P :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: