ROM Hack Zelda OoT Cheats Plugin

Truner

Trophies
Website
truner.beluva.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
I think I prefer the previous moon jump button.
With the new one, you can't tap the button to gently access places, because link still can slash his sword. Makes it harder to get around and access places you shouldn't be able to reach, ever. (for example, you can stand on the floor behind the mirror when you first see Zelda)

Protatoxxxeater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmmm, didn't thought about that... Should I put it to X or Y ?

The oot n64 code uses the button for bringing up the on screen map, i feel like a button that isnt used would be best (dpad if possible.) or maybe a button combo (if u can) ex: (L R A), (L R X/Y). if you can only use one input. opt. to X

Also, seems to crash on voiding

Last edited by Protatoxxxeater,

Protatoxxxeater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, a combo is possible, I'll test some tomorrow and you'll choose. ;)

What do you mean by "crash on voiding" ?

Voiding in a zelda game is when u fall oob or in a pit/abyss. i hope thats what u were asking.

L+R+X/Y would be best as you cant draw and in most cases, use, items while shielding

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes that was what I asked. ;)

Hmmm, maybe a null pointer is the cause of the crash, I'll look onto it and see if I can do something for that.

I can also use the touchscreen as a trigger if you think it can be more practical.

Protatoxxxeater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can be the entire screen or a specific area.
Go for the view button sectiol, I'll test it if needed. it would be the best as view isnt really used and moon jump would cancel it. if view is needed u could turn it off.
Consider making a guide for the d-Pad enable/disable shortcuts so they could customize if they wanted too

Truner

Trophies
Website
truner.beluva.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
I think X or Y would be better. When needed, we could take out the items and fly around, when not needed, we could put the items back. It's a solution that would work well with the position of the circle pad. Using the d-pad to moonjump made it hard to actually move around, after all.

Protatoxxxeater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can be the entire screen or a specific area.
I think X or Y would be better. When needed, we could take out the items and fly around, when not needed, we could put the items back. It's a solution that would work well with the position of the circle pad. Using the d-pad to moonjump made it hard to actually move around, after all.

I would like to say the circle pad is
The only tool required to use the moon jump effectively. So the view area or L+R+X would be best as that way you could continually start and stop moonjump (while in air)

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How to use the plugin ?

You need NTR to use it.
Then paste the plg file in: SD:/plugin/<yourGameTitleID>/ZeldaOOT2.0.plg.

Launch NTR, launch the game and you'll have a green flash to warn you that the plugin is loaded.
Then in game press select to pop up the menu. ;)

Truner

Trophies
Website
truner.beluva.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
If you could disable the sword while using moonjump, that would be neat, but I still don't see why putting it on either X or Y is a problem. Those buttons can be easily disabled ingame so the moonjump would act somewhat like an item. Button combinations are a bit too much imho, especially when there are easier solutions and you still have to take into account that every button has an action to it, no matter how many you press at a time. So in that sense, X and Y are the only ones that can be disabled ingame without hacking. Makes about as much sense as it gets. Fast movement could be mapped to the other button, so you don't have to quickly let go of the button when moving through doors (I've had the game crash on me by speeding through a door and falling oob for example).

Protatoxxxeater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you could disable the sword while using moonjump, that would be neat, but I still don't see why putting it on either X or Y is a problem. Those buttons can be easily disabled ingame so the moonjump would act somewhat like an item. Button combinations are a bit too much imho, especially when there are easier solutions and you still have to take into account that every button has an action to it, no matter how many you press at a time. So in that sense, X and Y are the only ones that can be disabled ingame without hacking. Makes about as much sense as it gets. Fast movement could be mapped to the other button, so you don't have to quickly let go of the button when moving through doors (I've had the game crash on me by speeding through a door and falling oob for example).
But what if I want to use the sword like in oot/mm 64 moon jump, the. Best bet is on screen view button or a button combo. Twilight princess moonjump is R+A for GameCube so a button combo would most likely be fine. Most items you can't use while holding R so it could be like R+X. Also view/navi is rarely used and would function great by using right hand to press.

The crash comes from voiding out

Truner

Trophies
Website
truner.beluva.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
Yes, which is an oob thing that happens because Link blasts through a door if you are not careful enough.
Also, the view button is on the left side of the screen. That isn't any better than using the d-pad for it, it's still going to be extremely comfortable. Using a button combo like R+X would be better, but isn't it just better to have it on one single button that doesn't have an action tied to it (which X or Y can be if you don't put items on it, a simple trade off to avoid any possible accidents)?

Protatoxxxeater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, which is an oob thing that happens because Link blasts through a door if you are not careful enough.
Also, the view button is on the left side of the screen. That isn't any better than using the d-pad for it, it's still going to be extremely comfortable. Using a button combo like R+X would be better, but isn't it just better to have it on one single button that doesn't have an action tied to it (which X or Y can be if you don't put items on it, a simple trade off to avoid any possible accidents)?
this only happens on sliding doors and can happen both in and out of bounds.
using ur right thumb isnt that bad to touch the view button for moonjump.

also u could use the 1 (I) button on the top left and that would be alot more comfortable and still leaves u with two physical and 1 virtual item buttons

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay