Zelda OoT Cheats Plugin

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Nanquitas, Apr 10, 2016.

1. GeneraLight

GeneraLight GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2012
    United States
    If someone could add a code to switch between Young Link and Adult Link at any time, this NTR Plugin would be complete.

Imagine playing through the beginning of the game as Adult Link. Or the later half as Young Link. Meeting Zelda as Adult Link, playing Bombchu Bowling as an adult, etc. There would be a lot of places and things to explore and test out. What could have been.

georgiarose and zeldaism like this.
  2. Lglaplante

Lglaplante GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2017
    Canada
    a Majora's mask3D nt. plugin? that could be great

3. Cookie__XD

Cookie__XD Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2016
    Gambia, The
    For me it is directly crashing on Startup (NTR CFW 3.4 Preview6 and this Plugin version from 15/02/17)
    Any idea how to fix this?

Btw: does anyone know the difference of NTR CFW 3.4 Preview6 and NTR CFW 3.4 Preview6 Mode 3?

Edit:
    It is not working on an EmuNand.
    I copied my Emunand to the SysNand and startet the Sysnand and now it is working fine!

Will this be fixed, so that I can use my EmuNand again?
    All other NTR Plugins I used so far, were also working on EmuNand.

Last edited by Cookie__XD, Feb 26, 2017
  4. CybaltM

CybaltM Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2016
    United States
    -ignore-

Last edited by CybaltM, Mar 7, 2017
    Cookie__XD likes this.
  5. Protatoxxxeater

Protatoxxxeater GBAtemp Regular

Jun 17, 2016
    United States
    You can patch this straight into a .cia or into exefs but i forgot how to build exefs. If you really want help ask Fkualol (He made the plugin u mentioned). He's a great help if u ask nicely.

6. gryz

gryz GBAtemp Fan

May 26, 2016
    United States
    Yeah I figured out you can use Luma lol. And yeah, fkualol made it, but I added to it, and I'd like to add more stuff and turn it into a plugin

7. Protatoxxxeater

Protatoxxxeater GBAtemp Regular

Jun 17, 2016
    United States
    My current one enables all items as all forms but thats about it. But You can use Luma? I thought it was NTR that did it

8. georgiarose

georgiarose Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2017
    Hey i'm still getting the gist of using cheats with citra and have scoured the internet for a good moon jump in either oot or mm 3d, any chance someone knows of one that works? I know citra is still in it's developmental stages but some people claim for it to have worked, but i've tried a lot with different versions (EU, USA) and just keep shooting blanks here :/ If this is actually possible, my eternal gratitude and so much love!

9. Nova77

Nova77 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2017
    Canada
    http://www.fort42.com/gateshark/game31/9638/

If you mean for MM:

Code:
    207753D0 000000XX [40 - Sonata of Awakening, 80 - Goron's Lullaby]
    207753D1 000000XX [01 - New Wave Bossa Nova, 02 - Elegy of Emptiness, 04 - Oath to Order, 08 - Nothing, 10 - Song of Time, 20 - Song of Healing, 40 - Epona's Song, 80 - Song of Soaring]
    207753D2 000000XX [01 - Song of Storms, 02 - Scarecrow's Song, 04 - Nothing, 08 - Nothing, 10 - Nothing, 20 - Nothing, 40 - Inverted Song of Time, 80 - Song of Double Time]

I'm pretty sure it checks your form when you change areas, and loads the appropriate map. The game writes the new area and entrance index to memory when you transition from one area to another, if you intercept it and freeze it you can rewrite the location and entrance. Essentially turning any "door" into a warp to anywhere. You could access the adult/child areas that way.

Citra doesn't support joker codes. It doesn't mean you can't moon jump, you just need to remove the conditional. You'll have to toggle the code on and off manually though, which is a bit awkward.

For MM v1.0 USA
    Code:
    68041FCC 00000000
    B8041FCC 00000000
    1000006A 00004100
    MM (U) plugin

It seems stable enough, so I suppose I could release it now (see attached). It's a MM plugin based on RyDog and Nanquitas' source (the menu struct from RyDog's source really helped, enableCheat/disableCheat/isCheatActive by index/function/title/note, creating a master code to poll, coordinate/signal between codes, handle code deactivation events, very important). It was primarily created to allow 100%'ing the game without ever having to use the song of time.
    • Change the day (days 1-4), and freeze the day (days 1 and 2) (forced off for the ending so you don't ruin it)
    • Change the flow of time (freeze, slow, normal, fast, hyper), takes into account the difference in time flow for pre-ocarina, and post-ocarina
    • Change and freeze the time of day (sets the time, freezes time flow, restores previous flow on deactivation)
    • Warp to any location provided instantly (all the main areas, plus a few extras, and the temples, bosses)
    • Safety (default: ON) prevents the moon from crashing - it will reload the current area on Day 1 6AM, also blocks the final boss room (make sure you don't forget to save that FD Mask first), warp code to Majora will disable it
    • Reset specific event flags for everything you could possibly mess up or need to redo multiple times or in different ways (if it's not included then a code wasn't needed for it - you can just rewind time to redo it)
    • Get your masks back after obtaining FD Mask without resetting time (kids keep the masks as well, you can also just undo the whole mask trading)
    • Toggle the day, ff/rw time using the d-pad
    • Disable transitions between nights and days (no more interruptions, but there are small side effects)
    • Toggle GFS on B when GFS is in the last inventory slot
    • Toggle between Kokiri Sword/Permanent Razor Sword/Gilded Sword when Deku Stick/Deku Nuts/Anything are in the last inventory slot (requires Gilded Sword, flag is stored permanently in save file to remember that you've obtained it so you can switch back)
    • Restore Sword on B (if your B button is blank)
    • Enable All Items (I'm sure this code could be done better)
    • Moon Jump (v1.0 only)
    • Item selection code for key items/songs/masks so you can choose the area/dungeon order
    Read the notes of course. Only works with USA region (v1.0/v1.1 makes no difference, addresses are the same, except moon jump).

Note: Some of the codes only change the value or act as a trigger, they don't turn "ON".

2017-06-15: Updated to work correctly with v1.1.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Nova77, Jun 15, 2017
  10. Nanquitas
    OP

Nanquitas GBAtemp Addict

Sep 29, 2015
    France
    South of France :)
    @Nova77 : Nice ! Can I link your post in the first post ?

Nice to see that you use the "addon" of the lib too. :)
    It's a bit messy since I had to adapt it to a lib which I lost the source code but it does the job.

The new framework however will have those from the start and should be easier to work with. ;)

11. Nova77

Nova77 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2017
    Canada
    Yep.

It was kinda limiting at first without the additions. There really should be a way to assign a second function to respond to codes being turned off to cleanup/reset values to a default. Polling for changes from the outside isn't really efficient. And a flag for making codes one-time only would be useful, not every code needs to stay on, maybe there already is? It didn't exactly come with thorough documentation. It'd be nice to have the actual source, but there was nothing that couldn't be worked around.

There were a few issues with the menu, the word-wrap for the notes sometimes cuts off words, or adds an extra newline. But the real pain was with those spoilers that don't collapse sometimes. I couldn't figure out what was causing that, as a result I couldn't quite get the layout I wanted. The last spoiler doesn't collapse, but it's on its own page, so I just left it.

Nanquitas likes this.
  12. Nanquitas
    OP

Nanquitas GBAtemp Addict

Sep 29, 2015
    France
  13. BonneNouvelle

BonneNouvelle Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2017
    France
    Hello guys, can someone port the Nova Plug-in for Majora Mask for EU Region pls?
    Tried some old plug-in from wiki and filetrip but no one of them works on EU v1.1 :(

Thanks in advance :)

14. Monticroa

Monticroa Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2017
    United States
    Is there a direct download through the FBI for this? I don't have a computer is why I'm asking.

15. Kuregubekon

Kuregubekon Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2017
    All the cheats are working but I can't seem to work out how to get fast moves working? What do i press? I saw the original post said the stick and A but it doesn't seem to work, EU region

Thanks

16. Nanquitas
    OP

Nanquitas GBAtemp Addict

Sep 29, 2015
    France
    If you press Y when you've selected the cheat in the menu, you'll have a text to explain how to use the cheat.

17. Kuregubekon

Kuregubekon Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2017
    Thank you :)

18. Relsig

Relsig Newbie

Newcomer
    May 28, 2017
    United States
    Original

Edit 1 (5/28/2017)

Edit 2 (5/30/27)
    I managed to get gateshark2ntr working, checked fort42's Majora's mask codes on v1.1, none worked.

I then used a regex replace to change the memory locations as per iSharingan(fort42)'s comment and every code that listed 775 as a memory location, when changed to 776, works. -- including things like GFS on b. - use any item anywhere had a different code so i just added 00001000 to the memory location. it works too! Moon jump is actually the only offset that appears to be the same so far...

unfortunately, Nova77 had a bunch of awesome cheats that aren't on (quite) fort42's list. (well, they kinda are... but it would require me to learn gateshark to modify the codes to get the results that Nova77 has already created and I don't really have the time) :(

here's some majora's mask 3d v1.1 cheats for those that want them.
    Hopefully @Nova77 will help us v1.1 users out with his, imo better, cheat list at some point.

-- credits to fort42's awesome users for providing the codes and @Nanquitas for making Gateshark2NTR

Also, fair warning... FD link can't open doors. it -will- crash the game.

ZeldaMM3D (v1.1) plugin readme

Attached Files:

Last edited by Relsig, May 31, 2017
    Nanquitas likes this.
  19. busmanl30

busmanl30 GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2017
    United States
    Hopefully your CTR framework comes out soon I really need it. Plus it looks cool too. New gateway!!!!!!

20. Nova77

Nova77 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2017
    Canada
    I originally never tested v1.1 on real hardware. All work was done using Citra and it's cheat feature, along with Cheat Engine. The offsets for both the original and the v1.1 rom were identical. If the codes for the original worked on real hardware, and both rom versions used the same offsets in Citra, testing both seemed redundant. I'm not sure why the offsets are shifted on a real 3ds for v1.1. Most codes work by adding 0x1000, but there are some odd ones like 0x001BFF80 (v1.0) is supposed to be 0x001BFD78 (v1.1 Citra), but on the actual 3ds it's shifted by 0x200 to 0x001BFF78.

It'd be nice to know what causes this, but it seems to be working now. I've updated the original post with the new build.

Relsig likes this.