Zelda Breath of the Wild Patch

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by KnucklesOwnsGC, Dec 6, 2017.

1. KnucklesOwnsGC
    OP

KnucklesOwnsGC Nintendo Gamer 4 Life

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2009
    United States
    San Diego
    I recently obtained a Usa copy of Zelda Breath of the Wild. I copied the game data to my Sd card using Disc2app and installed the game to the Wii U nand. When I go to start the game, the system tells me an update is required. It tries to connect and fails (I have updates blocked) and prompts me to go ahead and start the software anyway. I click proceed, the title graphic loads up, and then I am treated to this wonderful message: "You must perform a system update in order to play Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild. Now returning to Wii U menu."

Is there a patch somewhere I can download to enable playing this game? I am running system menu 5.5.1 U with mocha and loadiine browser mod.

2. Alex4U

Alex4U not a snivy addict

Jan 6, 2016
    Mexico
    with Snivy, Mystery Zone (Adress 0x00)
    You could download the update using Uwizard, then install it with WUPInstaller GX2 since you're using mocha cfw.

3. Mefisteso

Mefisteso Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    Poland
    I'm using Wii U Usb Helper as an alternative, which looks like it's more focused on just downloading stuff and also allows you to install games/updates by the FTPiiu, but otherwise both apps should do the job.

4. Skeet1983

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    Hi guys. I am having a similar issue. I want to play BOTW, but system keeps nagging me to update. I only want to update to game version 1.3.0 so I can use game Editor/Trainer. Is there anything I can do? Help greatly appreciated :)

5. Alex4U

Alex4U not a snivy addict

Jan 6, 2016
    Mexico
    with Snivy, Mystery Zone (Adress 0x00)
    download the patch with Uwizard or somewhere, and install it with WUPInstaller GX 2.